Review Review Port v Richmond - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Losing doesn't even hurt anymore, I have given up mentally until Hinkley is gone .

Lost all of my passion the last 3 years , dead inside
Yup which is why when we were winning and beating a side like Geelong every few weeks I never got excited. Nothing to get excited about with this organisation. They're all imposters. Fos would be turning in his grave.

Last edited:
Yup which is why when we were winning and beating a side like Geelong every few weeks I never got excited. Nothing to get excited about with this organisation. They're all imposters. Foss would be turning in his grave.

Yeah I was happy but not ecstatic for that reason

Before people lose all hope, think back to what a shambles Brisbane were just a few short years ago. They were genuinely a basket case, players leaving left and right, and stapled to the foot of the premiership table. But look at them now. They are a lesson in how quickly things can turn around, and we're nowhere near the dire position they were in. But we need to start turning it around now, starting with the removal of the head coach, and breathe life and hope back into the club.
added to this North Melbourne are exactly us.

Still early but they improved under Shaw

Before people lose all hope, think back to what a shambles Brisbane were just a few short years ago. They were genuinely a basket case, players leaving left and right, and stapled to the foot of the premiership table. But look at them now. They are a lesson in how quickly things can turn around, and we're nowhere near the dire position they were in. But we need to start turning it around now, starting with the removal of the head coach, and breathe life and hope back into the club.
So Voss leaving our club will give us hope?

So Voss leaving our club will give us hope?
Bassett leaving would give some hope. This malaise started with him.

I was frustrated at the end of the Williams era, rolling the dice on an ageing list ahead of the compromised drafts. Essentially setting up the club for a decade of rot and ruin.

Then despair at the Primus era, taking over a s**t squad with no hope of rebuilding. Worse, off the field, we had tarps and almost no future.

Ken took over and it felt like we had turned the corner. We decided fitness was the competitive advantage..........and it nearly worked. Sadly though it burnt out the players, evidenced by boak's and other being flat for years.

Ken II, just when I thought we were getting close to having a flag tilt we brought in so many old guys and limp dicks. Watts, Motlop, McKenzie, Trengove, Toumpass, Barry, Thomas, Eddy and Rockcliff have simply not paid dividends. Worse we have seen guys like Wingard shown the door and pushing guys like SPP backwards.

In short we have set ourselves up to fail under Choco and done everything within our control to ensure failure since.

PS. RussellEbertHandball should be engaged by the club. One of the most impressive guys I know!
Thanks for the support mate but if the club is too scared to employ an expert like Ben Perkins to improve our rat s**t goal kicking, they wont listen to anything I say.

Last edited:
Thanks for the support mate but if the club is too scared to employ an expert like Ben Perkins to improve our rat s**t goal kicking they, wont listen to anything I say.
You’re no orphan, China.

Richmond arent a good side.

Ellis, Prestia, Houli etc. These are good average footballers.

What they are is confident. Look at Lynch button-holing our captain, basically calling him a soft campaigner. He wasn't doing that at McGold Coast.

Dimma, for all his faults, has a pretty average side making a charge at their secind flag. We have Ken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup which is why when we were winning and beating a side like Geelong every few weeks I never got excited. Nothing to get excited about with this organisation. They're all imposters. Foss would be turning in his grave.
FOS. Not Foss. Any true Port supporter should know how the great Fos/Foster Williams name is spelt.

What they are is confident. Look at Lynch button-holing our captain, basically calling him a soft campaigner. He wasn't doing that at McGold Coast.

Dimma, for all his faults, has a pretty average side making a charge at their secind flag. We have Ken.

Richmond are a good side. Well drilled (coached) with some very very good players.

You underrate them.

Richmond aren't a good side ? That is ridiculous they beat us earlier in the year with 8 players out.

They have a handful of very very good players, as do we.
They are very well drilled, we are a rabble, that is my point.
A handful of All Australian players / All Oz quality players is the difference between top 4 and bottom 4.

Richmond aren't a good side ? That is ridiculous they beat us earlier in the year with 8 players out.
I dont think Cotchin is better than Boak. Stack better than Rozee, Ellis better than Rockliff etc etc.
They are just really well coached and full of belief and confidence.

Finally, I know how Graham Cornes felt 5mins after the 1990 GF.

The wheel has turned.

oh and if it wasn't obvious before this game, how on earth did Duursma get dropped.
Oh i don't rest players his form has dropped off and he played well for the maggies last week and earned a recall..but Ken the maggies didn't play last week...oh oh pass the coke...now why did i/we drop him...jèez... well he trained hardery and longery and deserved a recall...whew that was close...

I dont think Cotchin is better than Boak. Stack better than Rozee, Ellis better than Rockliff etc etc.
They are just really well coached and full of belief and confidence.

Finally, I know how Graham Cornes felt 5mins after the 1990 GF.

The wheel has turned.
I know Riewoldt is better than Dixon. I know Lynch is better than Howard. I know Rioli is better than Sam Gray.

I know Martin is better than SPP and every one of our mids. I know Grimes is better than Jonas. I know Houli is better than Bonner...........

My prediction at the start off the year. Ha, probs won't be far off. That's how much faith I had in Hinkley.
I've been saying bottom 4 since the start of trade period rumours last year. Hinkley could have taken Hawthorn's premiership teams into the bottom 8 in his sleep.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sloppy skills, out numbered at nearly every contest, players unable to execute.

Something has to give. They club will have to be forced to do something when no one starts rocking up.
Maybe if a crowd of 15,000 rocks up next week to a prime time Saturday night clash, someone in a position of authority at Alberton might start to understand that we're not happy.

By the way, I'm walking to that game, but I'm not sure at this point whether even that can save us.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back