Review Review: R8 v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Another BTW...

When Burton did his hammy (serves yourself right you campaigner) while in the process of pushing Eddie in the middle of the back sending him flying while Eddie was off the ground going for the mark, WhyTF was that not a free to Eddie?

Just watching the replay now, and early calls by DHs saying crows were being gifted by the umpiring are clearly laughable, regardless of Eddie’s blatant non-free.

That's the softest act i've ever seen on a field.

Bullet dodged

I think it might look worse than it is. I think he expected Sloane to try bump him off the ball so braced for the hit so he could keep his balance and when Sloane ignored him to go for the ball he tried to bump Sloane but since he had already lost all his momentum to brace and Sloane was already almost past him his attempt to bump had no power and was too late. The actions of a player with 0 confidence who is over thinking everything.

Another BTW...

When Burton did his hammy (serves yourself right you campaigner) while in the process of pushing Eddie in the middle of the back sending him flying while Eddie was off the ground going for the mark, WhyTF was that not a free to Eddie?

Just watching the replay now, and early calls by DHs saying crows were being gifted by the umpiring are clearly laughable, regardless of Eddie’s blatant non-free.
The non frontal contact call against SPP on Tex in the second half was a howler.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think it might look worse than it is. I think he expected Sloane to try bump him off the ball so braced for the hit so he could keep his balance and when Sloane ignored him to go for the ball he tried to bump Sloane but since he had already lost all his momentum to brace and Sloane was already almost past him his attempt to bump had no power and was too late. The actions of a player with 0 confidence who is over thinking everything.
Yes, the dropped mark by Rockcliff was far worse than what Motlop did (or didn't do). Clever hand by Sloane - what a player he is.

I'm pretty sure Adelaide was never that serious about their intentions to trade for Motlop. They would have known he was more likely to head to Port because his brother played there. I have a feeling we only threw our hat in the ring to drive his price up.

Either way, bullet dodged.

We wanted him to be part of the Dangerfield trade.

One thing that is annoying me (and has for years) is Tex going one handed at marks.

He's obviously content to bring the ball to ground and tick off that part of his role. Going up one handed is sufficient to do this but at times he's in position where he could mark the ball.

Probably too late for him to change his technique. He will never be a contested marking beast that we want him to be. Luckily he has a few tricks to counter this.

Been impressed with Kelly these past few weeks. I hang a lot of s**t on him most weeks but he has been solid lately.

Laird is another one that was garbage for the first month of the season. He was racking it up but doing very little with the ball. He is definitely playing with more purpose and confidence lately.

Hartigan was pretty anonymous which is good (except that one kick). With some of the ins we have over the next few weeks he might get squeezed out unless Pyke wants to keep the tall structure to free up Keath. We might need to look at Kelly coming out if we want to get Milera/Seedsman back in.

Mackay needs to not drop off for a second as we have so many players chasing his spot. He was okay these past few weeks but we know he is prone to some shockers when he thinks his place is secure.

Atkins is doing enough to stay in the team. He offers a point of difference with his left boot and his evasiveness.

Brown is a rock down back. Solid first game back and always a safe pair of hands with the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alexander Keath (ADEL)
Tom Lynch (ADEL)
Rory Sloane (ADEL)
Rory Laird (ADEL)
Dan Houston (PORT)
Daniel Talia (ADEL)

AFLCA votes.

Interesting to see how the coaches saw the game. Reinforces the view that Rockliff is just an accumulator.

So basically Ken wanted a port player in the votes and the only one he could think of was a defender who kicked it out of our forward line a lot? I don't remember noticing Houston at all.

So basically Ken wanted a port player in the votes and the only one he could think of was a defender who kicked it out of our forward line a lot? I don't remember noticing Houston at all.

I remember his handball into Sloane that coughed up the second goal of the game.

Alexander Keath (ADEL)
Tom Lynch (ADEL)
Rory Sloane (ADEL)
Rory Laird (ADEL)
Dan Houston (PORT)
Daniel Talia (ADEL)

AFLCA votes.

Interesting to see how the coaches saw the game. Reinforces the view that Rockliff is just an accumulator.

I thought Rockliff had next to no influence on the game and I was amazed he came 2nd in the medal voting

Not sure if he got.Clurey and Houston confused.

I thought Houston was poor.

SPP did more damage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BF standard answer. Both are playing well enough to retain their spots.
Nonsense.

If you have a commodore and an S-class mercedes, fine drive the commodore while the S-class is in the shop.

But don't be so foolish as to continue driving the commodore once the S-class is available just because the commodore got you from A to B "well enough".

It hasn't been raised here and maybe what I thought I saw wasnt the actual case.

I think it was the second qtr, with the ball bobbling around at the feet of 4 or 5 players. Eddie bends down, head over the ball, Byrne-Jones ploughs through the pack at full speed and appears to hip-and-shoulder (more hip, than shoulder) Eddie in the head. Eddie goes down, play goes on.

No free kick
Not a word from the commentators

Did I imagine it? Does a different angle show nothing like what I thought I saw?

Anyone else notice this?

Nonsense.

If you have a commodore and an S-class mercedes, fine drive the commodore while the S-class is in the shop.

But don't be so foolish as to continue driving the commodore once the S-class is available just because the commodore got you from A to B "well enough".

And what's the count in days and hours people on here have been waiting for Dmac to get dropped? Atkins with his lefty off a wing is a point of difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back