Review Review: R8 v Port Adelaide

JohnnyD

Debutant
Jul 5, 2011
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah that was bizarre. Walker kicked 2 goals (one of which sealed the game) and had an equal game-high 7 score involvements including that beautiful tap to Lynch. Wasn't even close to "thrashed"

Tex definitely was still involved during the game but i think Clurey outdid him for the majority of the night..."thrashed" though, i don't think so trendsetters...

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Yeah i know. I digressed. Thinking out loud.. Jenkins to Port would be a dream trade.
Would he want to go to Queensland, to be near his Grandmother ? ....that said, not sure Dew would be interested

31 next Feb .....think on reflection we're stuck with him ....probably as a backup, as next year Himmer will be ready for a permanent role

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would he want to go to Queensland, to be near his Grandmother ? ....that said, not sure Dew would be interested

31 next Feb .....think on reflection we're stuck with him ....probably as a backup, as next year Himmer will be ready for a permanent role

You have to feel for the guy but I think his playing days at the highest level are about over.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
That's really interesting.
Knight's the only Crow in the Top 5, for 14.7 Kms run.
It's Wednesday, 4 days after the game, and I can remember only the 2 goals he kicked with the second the result of that desperate chase-and-tackle by Murphy. Apart from the goals, I cannot remember a single thing Knight did, so I went to the AFC Stats site.
Knight had only 3 contested possessions, equal worst with Hartigan, Gallucci and (no surprise) Atkins. 3 tackles, 3 one-%ers, and 2 marks.

Looks like Knight is running a long way, for little game-impact. Are those 2 goals enough to keep his spot? What have I missed?

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
*cough --- morning coffee comes out of my nose --- splutter* ;)

Also, it's "honourable" :rolleyes::drunk: :D
AC has an exemption, it’s like Buddy’s Arc. He can get away with “honorable” “Mom” “ass” instead of “arse”, any Australian that commits these crimes should be deported to the US.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
You have to feel for the guy but I think his playing days at the highest level are about over.
He refuses to adapt his game ....last year he was better with contested marking, but has reverted to his soft approach this year

Himmer provides that contest every time, that allows our smalls to read the ball ......he's also twice the ruckman that JJ is, and in fact better than ROB at tapping to advantage

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
I posted about Knight before reading these:
with 2 goals and one of our better finishers I wouldn't think he's first in the firing line.
Agree.
However, give all the running & pressure acts, we should be managing Knight by resting him from some games... which would allow us also to give McHenry a chance too... otherwise Riley will end up injured again.
So, the 14.7Kms he covered has to do with blocking space and being pro-active in the defensive zone, and he clearly runs forward, too (2 goals). Fair enough.
It's not always about cold stats.

More like you lot need to learn the metric system. ;)

See, I was erasing that post cause chazwazza came to stick up for me.....

and look who went and immediately captured it. ;)

Ms. Troublemaker

Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
More like you lot need to learn the metric system. ;)
A world map of countries not on the metric system. USA, Liberia, and Myanmar
1557876562857.png

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's really interesting.
Knight's the only Crow in the Top 5, for 14.7 Kms run.
It's Wednesday, 4 days after the game, and I can remember only the 2 goals he kicked with the second the result of that desperate chase-and-tackle by Murphy. Apart from the goals, I cannot remember a single thing Knight did, so I went to the AFC Stats site.
Knight had only 3 contested possessions, equal worst with Hartigan, Gallucci and (no surprise) Atkins. 3 tackles, 3 one-%ers, and 2 marks.

Looks like Knight is running a long way, for little game-impact. Are those 2 goals enough to keep his spot? What have I missed?

In a defensive gameplan, it's not all about what you do with the ball. If knight runs 400m to fill a hole in front of the oppo key forward so he has nowhere to lead he doesn't get a stat but he has saved a goal. The fact that he runs further than any of our fulltime midfielders tells us there is more to his role than meets the eye.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
A world map of countries not on the metric system. USA, Liberia, and Myanmar
View attachment 674122
Might be because they have difficulty multiplying/dividing by 10, and moving decimal points L/R? ;)

1 mile/ 1,760 yards/ 5,280 feet, as well as Gallons/ quarts/ pints etc is soooo much simpler. :rolleyes: :)

Back