Review Review: R8 v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted about Knight before reading these:

So, the 14.7Kms he covered has to do with blocking space and being pro-active in the defensive zone, and he clearly runs forward, too (2 goals). Fair enough.
It's not always about cold stats.

I think the apocalypse is nigh. Someone on the internet read reasoning behind another point of view and took that into account.

Yeah that was bizarre. Walker kicked 2 goals (one of which sealed the game) and had an equal game-high 7 score involvements including that beautiful tap to Lynch. Wasn't even close to "thrashed"

Lynch's first snap goal owed just as much to Tex's tap and body work as the one at the start of the 4th. Watch it again to see him both cushion the tap down an create a channel for Lynch to go through. And that 50+ metre pass on the left foot off one step to Eddie goes down with Greenwood's mark as the plays of the day that didn't get their scoreboard rewards.

Might be because they have difficulty multiplying/dividing by 10, and moving decimal points L/R? ;)

1 mile/ 1,760 yards/ 5,280 feet, as well as Gallons/ quarts/ pints etc is soooo much simpler. :rolleyes: :)
I cope very well with the dark side of the two systems. I still convert L/100Km to MPG:D and people's height to feet and inches. And weight to stones and pounds.

I still use the term 'mileage' of a car, not 'kilometreage'?

Did he miss by a country mile, or by a country Kilometre? (I suppose that depends on whether you're John Butcher or ROB, one being a slightly bigger miss than the other)

Walk a mile in someones shoes or a kilometre?

Is it so hot it's 100˚ in the shade or 37.7˚

That's why the footy gods took him away from us for not using him as designed
Can’t fit Milera and Smith in the same defence.

As soon as Milera was moved out of our defence, Smith immediately lifted, and our defence became more robust.

Milera to the wing (or midfield) please - I would say that is where he is “designed” to be anyway.

As soon as Milera was moved out of our defence, Smith immediately lifted, and our defence became more robust.

Milera to the wing (or midfield) please - I would say that is where he is “designed” to be anyway.
Yep, Milera isn’t a great defender and too often trailed his player. Our defence has been a strength so I wouldn’t be changing the mix from the weekend.

To get our run the wingers and mids are pushing back, you just need to look at Atkins heat map.

I’m not sure how they are going to fit in Seeds and Milera, Gooch is an obvious out, Mackay would have been but has had a decent year. If we stay healthy some tough decisions are coming given Seeds and Milera have to play.

Yep, Milera isn’t a great defender and too often trailed his player. Our defence has been a strength so I wouldn’t be changing the mix from the weekend.

To get our run the wingers and mids are pushing back, you just need to look at Atkins heat map.

I’m not sure how they are going to fit in Seeds and Milera, Gooch is an obvious out, Mackay would have been but has had a decent year. If we stay healthy some tough decisions are coming given Seeds and Milera have to play.
Mackay has to come out. Yes he is playing well, but Seed and Milera are better players.

I thought Knight could be an easy out. But he was better in the Showdown than his last two games.

Our back seven is locked in now. Talia, Harto, Keath, Brown, Kelly, Laird, Smithers. They are a great team and statistically now one.kf the best defences in the comp. I feel Kelly has lifted and Harto allows Keath to be more creative.

It is hard fitting them in though. Someone will be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

See, I was erasing that post cause chazwazza came to stick up for me.....

and look who went and immediately captured it. ;)

Ms. Troublemaker
She never lets anything get past. Old moderator habits die hard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mackay has to come out. Yes he is playing well, but Seed and Milera are better players.

I thought Knight could be an easy out. But he was better in the Showdown than his last two games.

Our back seven is locked in now. Talia, Harto, Keath, Brown, Kelly, Laird, Smithers. They are a great team and statistically now one.kf the best defences in the comp. I feel Kelly has lifted and Harto allows Keath to be more creative.

It is hard fitting them in though. Someone will be disappointed.

Gooch?

Just had a discussion with a Port supporting workmate about Keath's game.

He reckoned Keath was just playing loose man down back and we were benefitting from a flood with no real.pressure on their ball handlers. Just defence in bulk numbers.

I then told him how Keath had 14 Contested Posessions 1 Contested Mark.

Dropped the mic.

Only one player in the game had more than 1 CM, Tom Lynch.

He reckoned Keath was just playing loose man down back and we were benefitting from a flood with no real.pressure on their ball handlers. Just defence in bulk numbers.

Dropped the mic.

Dear Poowa supporter,

unnamed%20(4).gif

Exactly. Milera should be playing wing/midfield not being buried on a HFF

Yep. I feel dirty for saying it but Gallucci's form has not been great.

I'm still not wrapped about giving Mackay games though as he's 30 years old and coming to the end of his career. We need to fast-track McHenry and Jones so I would be making room for them. Mackay and Gallucci would be the first two I'd be looking at dropping. I would have said Knight but he's one of our hardest working players atm.

If they had made a Mr. Peterman spin-off I would have watched it. That guy was hilarious.

Dropped the mic.

tenor.gif

Dropped the mic.

Keath played well but he definitely had the odds in his favour

Contested possession means you won the ball yourself rather than receiving it from a teammate

That is a lot easier to do with extra defenders, especially when they are locking down their opponents like Talia Brown etc

Thw team in D50 is about 50 percent more likely to win a clearance than the team in F50, if I recall correctly

Contested possessions by forwards are harder to get!

I thought Tom Lynch should clearly have received the Showdown medal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back