Autopsy Review Saints V Bulldogs 23 July

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't normally get involved in Defacto's direction of Posts, but that reply is Gold.....Remind me not to say anything against you. Made me nearly p#ss my pants.

Yep don't * with the defacto he's a hard man.

Anyway, a guy I know who's a bulldogs supporter reckons he had to take his kids home in tears because Saints fans directly abused his 8 and 10 year old kids after the leg break. Did anyone see anything, he's putting it up on Facebook that we're all feral?

I did know that Brian , however it is more than " balanced " particularly on TV medium's like " On the Couch"
very little commentary about how innovative the Saints have been over the recent journey.
1st American born player to play AFL was from Stkilda

American born 'and raised'

The Adelaide coach is American born

I still don't think Wright will make it long term unless he improves some areas of his game considerably, but at this point he should have at least earned himself a new contract for next year, and that's a fair effort considering he was absolute toast on our list 2 months ago.

Good on ya Wrighty you maniac :thumbsu:
I think Wright's a perfect example of a TEAM being the sum of all of it's parts. He and a couple of others play their role & bring the type of intangible things to the side like pressure & manic attitude & never giving up. Wright also has surprising speed which we need.
Even Armo whose form has been down a little from previous years still brings tackling pressure & perceived pressure that is hard to define

Having re-watched the game a big kudos to Geary and Weller. Both were huge and won or halved a lot of possessions they were in.

They were really physical in the contest, almost bullying the Dogs (Weller definitely was) and winning contests or at least halving them. Geary was doing so against Clay Smith who is known for his contest work, and beating him almost every time, in the air and on the ground.

Both are examples of players training hard and pushing themselves every time they step onto the field.

I think Wright's a perfect example of a TEAM being the sum of all of it's parts. He and a couple of others play their role & bring the type of intangible things to the side like pressure & manic attitude & never giving up. Wright also has surprising speed which we need.
Even Armo whose form has been down a little from previous years still brings tackling pressure & perceived pressure that is hard to define
Wright has only played 25 senior games and whilst he may not become a-grade, I see no reason why he can't improve and be a valuable contributor.

I also caught a glimpse of bombers book today where he explains that Geelong deliberately built a midfield of tough nuts that would beat up on their opponents.

The knock has been on his kicking and he's had s**t luck with injuries so kudos for him working his butt off and seizing his opportunity.

If Clint Jones could forget a career I see no reason why he can't.

And he got the clutch goal when we really needed it.

Yep don't **** with the defacto he's a hard man.

Anyway, a guy I know who's a bulldogs supporter reckons he had to take his kids home in tears because Saints fans directly abused his 8 and 10 year old kids after the leg break. Did anyone see anything, he's putting it up on Facebook that we're all feral?
There was something going on a bay from where I was sitting at that time. Afl members roughly bay 12 first level. Looked like a blue in the crowd but I wasn't close enough to see exactly what was going on.

There was something going on a bay from where I was sitting at that time. Afl members roughly bay 12 first level. Looked like a blue in the crowd but I wasn't close enough to see exactly what was going on.
We had one at Level 2 Aisle 17 in front of the coaches box. Would have got real rough I reckon if a few friends hadnt have got involved and defused the situation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep don't **** with the defacto he's a hard man.

Geeze that sucks about the blokes kids. Def not on

Interesting comments Diehard. The main thing is you have responded to the challenges of other sides and still won. Sides like the dogs will always come back. You can say you should put them away but most decent teams will lift when they are behind and deserve credit for fighting back . Maybe when St. Kilda's list matures a bit they will start putting sides away, but at this stage with their young list, surely winning is enough. s**t, most sides will struggle to put teams way, because it so even you cant underestimate anyway.
Too true hard to stop a team playing for 2nd spot from fighting back.
The Stringer out was what gave us a chance bont was doing his best to be 2 places at once his most impressive game against us.
It was a mistake to leave him forward in the last.

Last edited:
Too true hard to stop a team playing for 2nd spot from fighting back.
The Stringer out was what gave us a chance bont was doing his best to be 2 places at once his most impressive game against us.
It was a mistake to leave him forward in the last.
Yer even with Stringer, Saints still would have won. But Stringer and Bont will win finals for them in future, there is something special about them .

This photo has been haunting my thoughts. Got no idea what it's from, but I love the look they are giving each other, like theres a pact for them to do whatever ever it takes and influlict as much damage as possible on anyone who tries to stop them, legal or otherwise. It's pretty powerful, and I hope that Mav and Nate have made the same pact.

What's the photo BTW? Edit: googled bash brothers and found them. I never saw the Mighty Ducks films, but I'm not going to so I'll just assume that this photo is as I've described and not something much lamer.

Last edited:
be5ef674b1a7d743cca121dc904acfa3.png

The look on his face. He's turned into a maniac.

Bulldogs are the new Fremantle. Don't want to risk games getting away from them but in doing so keep you in it by being ultra defensive. Crap football.

This photo has been haunting my thoughts. Got no idea what it's from, but I love the look they are giving each other, like theres a pact for them to do whatever ever it takes and influlict as much damage as possible on anyone who tries to stop them, legal or otherwise. It's pretty powerful, and I hope that Mav and Nate have made the same pact.

What's the photo BTW?

The bash brothers from mighty ducks 2.
Whenever things were looking sour coach Bonbae (sp) would send them on to rough up the opposition.

Wright and Weller seem to be playing the same way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back