Autopsy Review: St KIlda v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

My casual obs

Roberton has had a lightbulb moment and realised he can be offensive as well as defensive

Gresh is channelling Len and his candy selling

My Nan had more muscle definition than Gartlett

Membrey has reverse yips where he struggles as the tally goes up

Gears is finally getting some credit

Acres has to be undroppable after that, surely

dont disagree at all with that. like i said to the other poster, if we had mccartin clunking a few out there, i think bruce would probably get onto another couple

having said that i think he's also adjusting to backing it up week in week out. i think he'll be much better placed this time next year
Yeah definitely mate it's the first real year that teams have put work into him, will only learn & get better from it.

I actually like Melbourne so I went over to read their matchday thread. * me there's some bitter campaigners over there... holy s**t

still like Melbourne and think their heading in the right direction

happy as with the win today. haven't been to a losing game this year! :D

I actually like Melbourne so I went over to read their matchday thread. **** me there's some bitter campaigners over there... holy s**t
Can you blame them? We've rebuilt, played off in GF's, bottomed out and rebuilt again in the time it's taken them to move up 6 spots on the ladder. We've also pumped out some horrid games over the last 3 seasons and still the poor bastards can't beat us. Depressing.

The comments from Roos re: Lyon reek of deflection from his failure to "fix" his team. He's not the messiah.

Didn't see the game unfortunately.

But Acres just 12 touches again? And in the bit of the game I saw he missed a pretty easy set shot.

That's 50% of the 10 games he's played this year where he's had 13 or fewer touches.

What's going on there?
acres has the hardest job of all our Kids in our side week in week out. he has no position and has to thinking 2 moves ahead everytime, he needs to work back and work up onto the next dees player or direct someone to switch depending on who it is and what the game situation is IE clock score line.

you really can only appreciate acres live because TV does him no justice at all.

on that theme members from 1 month ago seems to have tripled his tank. normally he would do the lazy thing and call out a minch or wright type of player when theirs a saints turnover to sprint down back or pick up an interchange player but now members tank sore him to it i think 3 times of full length ground sprints from our deepest forward to our deepest defender chasing gartlett and i think once vanderberg off the bench once. credit t him and the fitness staff their for sure but jesus is his smart.

ill stay positive in this thread and just shoutout our defence as a team post the first qtr. best I've seen maybe in the richo era

Acres deep forward was an interesting move. Looked very dangerous at times
its good in merit but IMO be best suited to deciding himself when he should go forward or back and not just sit and wait IMO

Can you blame them? We've rebuilt, played off in GF's, bottomed out and rebuilt again in the time it's taken them to move up 6 spots on the ladder. We've also pumped out some horrid games over the last 3 seasons and still the poor bastards can't beat us. Depressing.

The comments from Roos re: Lyon reek of deflection from his failure to "fix" his team. He's not the messiah.
He wanted to make finals or hand over a finals team pick 3 in 2014 was such a rig by the AFL but look how tight the ladder is. Melbourne could easily get stuck outside the 8 and start leaking their talent in the next couple years especially if the FA changes to 6 years. Then Roos would have failed with every advantage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually like Melbourne so I went over to read their matchday thread. **** me there's some bitter campaigners over there... holy s**t

still like Melbourne and think their heading in the right direction

happy as with the win today. haven't been to a losing game this year! :D
The comment about burning Etihad to the ground with Membrey still inside it did make me lol a bit.

Quick thoughts again on each of our players:

Minchington - Have never understood the huge love for this bloke on this forum, he just goes missing far too often. Just 6 disposals (second time this year) 1 tackle and no goals, it's not good enough and he should be out of the side next week. At least did a couple of good things in the 4th.

Minch sometimes wins a good bit of the contested ball, and sometimes gets a few clearances.
At 22 he still needs to do better though.

Just a bit more on Acres... I echo what others say about seeing him live. In the final quarter he set up the goal that was virtually the sealer when playing at FF. Also involved in the link chain to Rooey's goal.

But it is in the midfield when breaking tackles that he looks particularly dangerous... got those long arms that allow him to get the offload essentially taking a man out at the same time. Not as good at it as Bontempelli, but in the same vein.

I was 12 the last time they beat us...

My 22nd birthday was 5 weeks ago.

:$
Same as me, except my 22nd birthday was 5 months ago so HA! Take that! ;)

In fact 12 year old me was attending his first game at the MCG the last time Melbourne beat us, probably ended up in tears that night.

My casual obs

Roberton has had a lightbulb moment and realised he can be offensive as well as

Wut? Last year especially he had great rebound and i50 numbers. I'll have to look it up but he's a super aggressive defender and always has been.

Alright I looked it up. He averaged 350 metres gained, 4 score involvements, 4 rebound 50's and 2 inside 50's in 2015. He's averaging very similar numbers this year.

Last edited:
Really excited to see Billings and Acres in particular hopefully follow a similar trajectory to Ross, once they build up their fitness.

Ross looked like a plodder for much of his early career (with the potential shining through).

Since his fitness has got to AFL level, his game has taken off.

Hopefully the same goes for those two.

Really excited to see Billings and Acres in particular hopefully follow a similar trajectory to Ross, once they build up their fitness.

Ross looked like a plodder for much of his early career (with the potential shining through).

Since his fitness has got to AFL level, his game has taken off.

Hopefully the same goes for those two.
Billings we know is a quality player and he's tank isn't that bad.
As we saw against Collingwood/haw
Today was first game in a month

Acres is a different kettle of fish
Think he needs more confidence and just increase his intensity.
His kicking needs work aswell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back