Review Review v Collingwood

Top 5?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1st time l seen it. That is ridiculous. Guy is injured and lions players are pushing into his shoulder. Disgrace imo
Why have we re-opened this Pandora’s Box of Worms?

1st time l seen it. That is ridiculous. Guy is injured and lions players are pushing into his shoulder. Disgrace imo

The guy choose to stay on the field, he waved away trainers and assistance. Just like any other player on the field in those circumstances. He made his choices and the boys treated him just like any other player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Witherden won the player of the round but personailly I thought Berry had the better game. In the second half of the game we were locked in our back half for a long period of time and I thought Witherden and co struggled to start any meaningful passages of play from the defensive 50.. Seemed like Berry really stood up when the pies were running over the top of us.

Witherden won the player of the round but personailly I thought Berry had the better game. In the second half of the game we were locked in our back half for a long period of time and I thought Witherden and co struggled to start any meaningful passages of play from the defensive 50.. Seemed like Berry really stood up when the pies were running over the top of us.

Yeah I agree. I think the criticism Witho got on commentary and from blowhards like Finey has been way over the top but it wasn't his best game. Berry on the other hand was the only one winning the ball inside and set up two goals directly at least in the second half.

I often wonder if Berry plays forward in the first half to allow him to play a strong second half. Always seems to lift. Simliar to Tim Kelly.

A different era but not as bad as what Chris Scott and Mal Michael did to Nick Riewoldt many moons ago.
Difference was that Riewoldt had gone off and had come back onto the ground, thus declaring himself fit to play. Zorks had only just gone down, so it was a very different scenario; Zorko also didn't cry.
BTW, I think it was Brad, not Chris.

10 Taylor Adams (COLL)
7 Jack Crisp (COLL)
4 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
3 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
2 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
2 Levi Greenwood (COLL)
1 Harris Andrews (BL)
1 Dayne Beams (BL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

20 games is the most he's played in a season, 19 last year and 18 the year before.

Yep, each of the 3 players they got as a result of that trade played better than our one.

And this helps me deal with the beams leaving stuff - he was bought in by a crap administration that got so much wrong. Why would we expect it to be good for us in the long run?

And this helps me deal with the beams leaving stuff - he was bought in by a crap administration that got so much wrong. Why would we expect it to be good for us in the long run?

We were unlucky with his injuries. He's physically not the player he used to be. Have no issues with what we gave up. deGoey probably wouldn't have hung around, pick 25 wasn't worth much and Crisp was out the door anyway and pretty replaceable.

Having 6 years of an A grade midfielder was pretty exciting at the time

We were unlucky with his injuries. He's physically not the player he used to be. Have no issues with what we gave up. deGoey probably wouldn't have hung around, pick 25 wasn't worth much and Crisp was out the door anyway and pretty replaceable.

Having 6 years of an A grade midfielder was pretty exciting at the time

At the time I was all for it, but I was also excited about fev initially back in the day as well. Need to work on my fore- and now- sight.

Think I'm just a cranky bastard today- spent the day ferrying my son to surgeons for the third broken bone in 12 months. Hate Afl some days.

I genuinely don't think I would've given Beams a vote for that game. He got plenty of it but butchered it badly. I'd have Berry above him at least.
I'm guessing Fagan --> Andrews, Buckley --> Beams.

Back