Review Review v Freo - Rd 13, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

- Logue pantsing howard whilst turning the ball over about 4 times #spudsthattearusapart
-darcy pantsing lycett last quarter
-boak head to head with fyfe. Yeah why not have the best player in the afl have 35 hint its not boak
-nobody on walters
-farrell one out after rozee dissapearing act didnt work for the first 3 quarters
-motlop s**t himself whenever there is a hard ball or ground ball softer than lonie
-lienert and bonner vanilla
-powell pepper only showing up after half time
-jonas cant lead for s**t impersonating cam oshit

one positive:
although bit rusty early hartlett back was a very good return. hard at it some good kicks here and there

32-15 is highway robbery, there are no two ways about it. We win a fairly umpired game.

That said, we had ANOTHER scoreless quarter and had ANOTHER tight game that we couldn't close out at the end. Couldn't win a clearance and couldn't move the ball when the game was on the line.

Can't wait for the next scoreless quarter, probably Q1 next week.

On Tuesday I finished off a post in the What I want to see a well coach side thread about the team taking on the personality of the coach but have struck out 2 words and replaced it with 1.

I know I called us flaky, but Biscuits might be is a better name. Like biscuits, we crumbled under sustained pressure.

In the gameday thread I wrote 4 hours before bouncedown - This game could be anywhere between +6 goal win to -6 goal loss depending on which bloody Port turns up. I hope the bloody goal less quarter one stayed home.

And one more thing I have said in the past to sum us up - We are easier to read than a Dr Seuss book.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we’d get easily beaten, thought we did pretty well to be in front going into the last quarter particularly with the umpires the way they were going.

To just give it up with a scoreless last quarter was pretty pathetic, and we’ve seen it so many times before.

I dunno I just had such low expectations and thought we actually performed pretty well for the most part. Even in the last quarter we really should have scored a few times but completely fluffed some opportunities, partially through some very weak efforts.

Next week is probably the last chance honestly. If we get pumped by 10 goals as I’m fully expecting then that’s gotta be curtains on this regime.

Hell even a close loss and I will find it pretty hard to defend anyone.

Honestly even this loss is enough to say that this group doesn’t deserve defending right now. There are still elements there, and missing the players we are surely can account for the last bit of class/grunt we needed today but the game was there to be won and we completely capitulated it.

I do want to say that I absolutely loved Duursma’s game. The kid is a freaking superstar.

Farrell as well had a good influence, he had some s**t efforts but to nail 4 goals and barely miss a fifth to the post is a fine night out.

Motlop is either playing injured is or incredibly soft. Bonner and Lienert also pathetic in the contest. Change those two out for Garner and another midfielder and we probably win. They were both amazing last week as well so it’s not like you can really blame the coaches for selecting them IMO.

Hartlett as well was bloody fantastic. First game back off 14 months out with a knee reconstruction. Take a bow Hamish that is as good of a return as you’ll see from such an injury.

This club is absolutely broken under the current regime.
Words fail me.
Its time for action the supporters must rise and have a say in the direction of this club as it has been totally hijacked by incompetent people.
There is no light at the end of the tunnel and all hinkley and co are doing is sitting on their hands.
I hope Geelong come over and belt us by 120 points.

32-15 is highway robbery, there are no two ways about it. We win a fairly umpired game.

That said, we had ANOTHER scoreless quarter and had ANOTHER tight game that we couldn't close out at the end. Couldn't win a clearance and couldn't move the ball when the game was on the line.

Can't wait for the next scoreless quarter, probably Q1 next week.
You mean first half next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back