Review Review v Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluey was waaaaay to close to some of the players
I'm sure Rocket is telling them how it is and how it has to be
We may lose some players because of it, but the thing we have to avoid is becoming a soft club
Much of the Swans "culture" started with him
The results so far this year shouldn't be a shock - they certainly aren't to me
We haven't had any major personnel changes over the Summer other than losing Jags and we've really just continued on from where we were in the back half of last season
I'm expecting a much much better back half this year once the players start seeing the writing on the wall for their careers

It's all fine and dandy to write pressers with the benefit of hindsight. In context: it was pretty well-known that we didn't have a concrete replacement.

There was no real idea who was going to replace Guy McKenna at the time of the presser, and we were as likely to end up with Bomber Thompson as Brendon Bolton. The chairman could have certainly said that we were looking for somebody with an expertise in developing athletes (although, isn't every coach an expert in developing athletes?), but if we ended up with Brendon Bolton, or Luke Beverage, or any one of our assistant coaches, that entire presser would still look pretty lacklustre. I think what was stated at the time was all that could be stated at the time.

if the suns had a club house ,sports bar ,restaurant , kiddies area and a deck over looking the river, they would not have any money problems. Go have a look at a small club up the road called Nerang RSL. was a shabby old building, now modern ,new and turning a profit. They even turned a profit when the joint was half torn down. The suns need a club. A club to show some of the suns short history, the bears history or any other sporting team on the coasts which played out of Carrara and show their history. A place where the tourists can come(not just on game day). Take a ferry ride from the coast and come to the Suns sporting club. watch the game, or watch the team train.
the tourist buck and the local $$$$ on the pokies will add to the profitability of the suns and secure their future. could you imagine a team without a sports club..They suns could sell memberships all day long. offer loyalty deals,
what was the saying, build it and they will come.
Us members of sporting clubs take up memberships as this makes us a part of the club. a form of ownership. By having its own club it will be owned by any local who goes there to dinner, or a beer after work, or a sunday lunch, will be a part of that club.
Something could definitely be on the cards. If you look at this photo below you will see what appears to be a cafe area on the top level of the CSLC with a balcony overlooking the training oval and the Nerang River. Patrons would also be able to see the Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach skyline in the distance from that vantage point. I guess it's just a question of whether they'll open that area up to the public but, given there is a public walkway/plaza area just below, I think there is a good chance it will be open to the public. I've been inside a similar cafe set up at the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium and they regularly get guests from the footy, Tennis Australia and the general public. I think the Suns will be more inclined to open it up to public once they realise it is a great way to make money, if they haven't already.

ecnYPtJ.jpg

watched abit of the stspoons v colliwobblers . and I saw how to beat the stspooners. simply just beat them up, be physical and tuff around the ball and they wont fight back. plus there was a lack of rewolt as well but I think he is a bit protected. seems like they use him in fringe/safe games and rest him for the bigger games.

just a thought

Remove this Banner Ad

Back