Autopsy Review vs Geelong round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

..and against one of the best contested ball teams going around while making them look second rate in that aspect for most of the game. If we bring the same baseline of intent every week, we are as good a chance as any team to go all the way this season. That was a whole new level of manic intent and pressure we brought last night.
Still perplexes me why Simmo can't get that out of the team each week! Or even MOST weeks? Just bazzar!

Still perplexes me why Simmo can't get that out of the team each week! Or even MOST weeks? Just bazzar!
All 18 AFL coaches would like to know how to get their team to play consistently. For whatever reason teams can't play at that level for more than two or three week blocks

Last edited:

How good is Jetta's vision? He's just phenomenal by foot.

And I've said before that I never appreciated just how good Mitchell is until this year. Always seems to have time no matter how congested it is. A more than worthy Brownlow medallist. And he plays angry. We need that so much.

IN: Kennedy, Karpany
OUT: Mackenzie, LeCras

That kick by Jetta to Yeo streaming through the wing was absolutely sublime.

I don't get it. Its their job. I do my job very well every ******* day!

Crazy.

Maybe its hard being a footy player.
Sometimes things click, sometimes they don't. There isn't a sporting team in the world that is at their best every match, it just doesn't happen

The best teams drop off less often and not by as much but even champions have off days.

As to why, if you can work it out then start writing your own cheque because you'll be hailed as a genius

This is so, just look at the miracle coach and the dogs last two games - not even interested in working
The bulldogs just made the 4 last year but had a dream finals run for a variety of reasons so it shouldn't come as a surprise they are again in the mid part of the ladder

The bulldogs just made the 4 last year but had a dream finals run for a variety of reasons so it shouldn't come as a surprise they are again in the mid part of the ladder

They went 15-7 and probably should have been at least 16-6 if not for a horror injury run. Without bothering to confirm it with research I reckon it's a safe bet that that's the best record of a team finishing 7th for a very long time.

Sometimes things click, sometimes they don't. There isn't a sporting team in the world that is at their best every match, it just doesn't happen

The best teams drop off less often and not by as much but even champions have off days.

As to why, if you can work it out then start writing your own cheque because you'll be hailed as a genius
Ha ha, If I ran the show I'd tell them there were no match payments for a s**t performance.... :D

Mackenzie on Menzel took away his marking that has troubled smaller defenders without being exposed too badly for agility

The Battle of Wounded Knee

More tackling, less corralling

About fecking time

..Also used Vardy and Gov as battering rams to open up space for smaller players

Our body work around the stoppages was an absolute ass load better and our bigs did just as you say. It's like we actually had some structure and willingness to execute rather than playing spectator. It really gave our mids that extra second or two to make a disposal decision rather than play hot potato.

Was a change in the game plan I reckon that other game plan coralling and no tackling only works when teams have bad disposals / turnovers but against hard skillful teams it gets exposed because they hit open targets ..

Just keep replayin' in my mind that Duggan chase and repeat effort in the last quarter.

Going to play that s**t at my funeral on a loop to make sure my offspring know what it's like to work at something.

Only read half this thread but if anyone has gif'd that I will make it the background of every electronic device I own
Was awesome wasnt it!! Captain Duggan!! Got a good ring to it hasnt it??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a change in the game plan I reckon that other game plan coralling and no tackling only works when teams have bad disposals / turnovers but against hard skillful teams it gets exposed because they hit open targets ..
Less and less teams are easy beats, there aren't that many teams that are terribly unskilled. It's why we had a fright against the Saints, North and Bulldogs earlier in the year, there was always the possibility that they would switch on and start cutting us up.

HOPEFULLY the coralling thing is gawn

+'s
Jetta's best game as an Eagle.
Duggan's 4th quarter effort
Gov, Yeo, Petrie, Vardy and a host more
Mitchell's footballing brain is a marvel.
A great bounce back by Darling.

-'s
Lecca is done. Never quick in the first place, he's lost a step, and it shows.
Not thru lack of effort, Crippa had a quiet night.

Lol in the AFL team of the week they pitted Shuey v Dangerfield for Twitter fans pick. Swear to god people didn't even watch the game.
Saw this as well, did ******* lol at how stupid people are. Would have been chosen purely on reputation otherwise:

1.) From the stats

or

2.) Because big bad Shuey bumped Dangerfield unfairly

I would like to see sufficient force to Jon Ralph.

Selwood got reported for striking Mitchell in the first, their tussle was in the second.

Selwood could/should be up on two charges.

Have you heard BT commentating on the radio? Very different from tv, definitely puts on a persona for one of them.

Yeah but what about your workmates?
I would like to see sufficient force to Jon Ralph.

Selwood got reported for striking Mitchell in the first, their tussle was in the second.

Selwood could/should be up on two charges.

Have you heard BT commentating on the radio? Very different from tv, definitely puts on a persona for one of them.

Yeah but what about your workmates?
Considering the tactics your mob used on Joel Selwood, Should freo be advised to use the same tactics, or use different tactics? Such as Tough Man Tony Abbott tea Bagging tactics:):)

Considering the tactics your mob used on Joel Selwood, Should freo be advised to use the same tactics, or use different tactics? Such as Tough Man Tony Abbott tea Bagging tactics:):)
I'd play Crowley on him. Maybe Josh Carr on Dangerfield too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back