Draft Review 2012 - Revisiting the 2012 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry.... Is that all you've got?

You said his goals weren't meaningless, I just showed you they were.

8 of his 44 goals came against good teams at an average of approx .45 per game.

Membery is a superstar because he kicked 5 against Essendon, yet Hrovat is a spud because he got 28 possessions against the same team. What about his 30 & 1 game against the Swans a year or so ago, does that one count?
Hrovat has played 1 or 2 good games over his 30 game career so far, and has been horribly inconsistent. He should improve next year at North given more opportunity, but that's very speculative and the stats so far back it up. He managed 4 games in 2016, 7 in 2015. That's hardly a sign that he's anything more than a borderline first 22 player at absolute best.

Hrovat has never had close to the season that Membrey (who plays a far more difficult postion) did last year, and 2 decent meaningless practice matches against VFL opposition does not override that.

Also worth noting that Hrovat also kicked 3 goals in an intra-club practice match at the Dogs last year, which equalled his entire tally for the year in the actual AFL.

Last edited:
An average of 0.45 a game you reckon?
Can you actually do Math properly?
He played 7 games against top 8 teams and kicked 8 goals.
Now I'm no mathematician. But I'm pretty sure that's a goal a game average, not 0.45?

Did anyone at North even kick 44 goals last year??
Yeah.. Didn't think so
This is what happens when you get meth and math confused

What about Lachie Hunter over Joe Daniher? That's OK though?

Hrovat is finally fit and ready to explode and out of all these players, is currently in the best form, having kicked 7 goals in his last 2 games.

I expect him to average 20 + 1.5 from here on, which would put him well up there.

As for Members, the moment he has his tattoos removed, I may take him more seriously.
But you put Hunter in front of Joe not him der, he just responded to the more ludicrous one you did. I think you are extremely clueless putting Hrovat ahead of Membrey. If he didn't get traded to your pathetic club you wouldn't be saying that.

Weak draft year

Explains why the Saints have away pick 12 for Tom Lee and some later picks and pick 13 for Tom Hickey

Grundy would have been good though

At the Moment Grundy be just about the Best Player from this Draft
Mmmmm in the discussion with Stringer, Macrae, Wines, Daniher and Viney.

Alot of s**t in this draft though

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Mmmmm in the discussion with Stringer, Macrae, Wines, Daniher and Viney.

Alot of s**t in this draft though

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Lot of Teams would love there 1st Round Pick back after Passing on Grundy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You where lucky you had Joe as your Father/Son Pic
We were. As you were with Moore a couple of years later and the three Clokes going back a bit and Geelong were with Hawkins. There've been some good key forwards picked up through the rule, Nathan Albert could've been anything.

We have done ok with the F/S (Fletcher, Watson, MoDaniher) but it's not without its more questionable picks (Darcy Daniher, Jay Neagle, Tom Wallis, jury's out on Anthony Long)

This is looking like the strongest draft in years in terms of top 10 talent.

1. Daniher
2. Wines
3. Grundy
4. Macrae
5. Viney
6. Rampe
7. Hunter
8. Membrey
9. Stringer
10. Whitfield

Don't think GWS could've done much worse.

Did this quickly but looks alright ish.
1. Daniher
2. Grundy
3. Wines
4. Macrae
5. Whitfield
6. Viney
7. Rampe
8. Stringer
9. Atkins
10. Membrey
HM: Lachie Hunter, Lachie Plowman, Mason Wood
This is pretty bang on I think, only I'd have Whitfield down to 8 and Viney above Macrae.

This is looking like the strongest draft in years in terms of top 10 talent.

1. Daniher
2. Wines
3. Grundy
4. Macrae
5. Viney
6. Rampe
7. Hunter
8. Membrey
9. Stringer
10. Whitfield

Don't think GWS could've done much worse.
There is no way in this world that Membery and Hunter are taken above Stringer.

Yeh dunno about all the Daniher love - Grundy and Wines both miles ahead of him.
Daniher has grown since 2015 into a quality tall.
More of your Riewoldt type where he is a good, but inconsistent shot of goal, but his field kicking and work rate are immense.
Agree Wines is ahead though. Would go #1 if the draft was held again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back