Draft Review 2012 - Revisiting the 2012 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Changing your order of these lists after three games seems like a waste of time. Grundy in the convo for second best ruck. Gawn a clear first. Naitanui already back doing the things only Naitanui can do also and when fit is miles better than Grundy.

You said he's better in that area than Shaw and Hibberd I disagree.

Vlastuin is a solid player who's name belongs alongside Mcintosh, Plowman, Atkins not Daniher, Wines and Macrae.
Vlastuin is a significantly better defender then hibberd and Shaw, doesn’t provide as much run, but he’s intercept marking is elite. Much better then just a solid player. One of the best in he’s position. Watch him closely in the next month

Vlastuin is a significantly better defender then hibberd and Shaw, doesn’t provide as much run, but he’s intercept marking is elite. Much better then just a solid player. One of the best in he’s position. Watch him closely in the next month
Vlastin is not AA material The other two are AA

What makes him a better defender? He doesn't take the best forwards. Hibberd and Shaw are just as good intercepters

What makes him a better defender? He doesn't take the best forwards. Hibberd and Shaw are just as good intercepters
He is a small defender he isn’t going to take the franklins of the competition. He takes the toby greens. Hibberd and Shaw are pure rebounders nothing more

He is a small defender he isn’t going to take the franklins of the competition. He takes the toby greens. Hibberd and Shaw are pure rebounders nothing more
I’ve seen plenty of Heath Shaw and you are doing exactly what you are claiming we are doing. Shaw is very good one on one

Hibberd, Shaw and Laird haven't earned their reputation for being pure rebounders. Vlastuin hasn't earned his burgeoning reputation as a small defender in the Nick Smith mould. Right now, he's a touch more defensive than the first three but isn't yet in their league. The good thing for him is that he's younger and has time to develop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Brodie Grundy (Against Jacobs, 33 possessions, 23 contested possessions, 12 clearances, 40 hitouts and 1 goal last week btw, better than Sam Jacobs and Rory Sloane combined LOL)
2. Joe Daniher
3. Jackson Macrae
4. Lachie Whitfield
5. Ollie Wines (Pretty much Taylor Adams 2.0 or Adam Treloar without the speed)
6. Jack Viney
7. Jake Stringer

Don't even want to list the rest, elite top 4 that stacks up with any draft recently but rest are all mediocre.

Grundy, Macrae, Wines elite.

Viney and Whitfield the next level.

Stringer a spud and Daniher reminds me of Cloke post 2012, and that's not a compliment.

Grundy, Macrae, Wines elite.

Viney and Whitfield the next level.

Stringer a spud and Daniher reminds me of Cloke post 2012, and that's not a compliment.
James Stewart absolutely elite, can't believe you guys didn't take him as a F/S lmao. What a howler of a decision!

James Stewart absolutely elite, can't believe you guys didn't take him as a F/S lmao. What a howler of a decision!

IF it was the Same Father/Son Rules now we would of Picked Him.

He is doing better then I thought he become.

I thought he was a Athlete Playing Football in his Draft Year and I had no Problem us Passing on Him.

Good Start to the Season but not done much before that

Lets not get carried away hahaha!

I thought his reply was a bit over the top.
Daniher is turning out to be a massive disappointment.
We currently have four father sons, Moore, Brown(s) and Daicos, with a few more on their way, happy with that. You can't win them all and every recruiter stuffs one up from time to time.

Stewart has been good and is a better player than Daniher, right now. But that's not saying much because Daniher is a complete spud right now.

I thought his reply was a bit over the top.
Daniher is turning out to be a massive disappointment.
We currently have four father sons, Moore, Brown(s) and Daicos, with a few more on their way, happy with that. You can't win them all and every recruiter stuffs one up from time to time.

Stewart has been good and is a better player than Daniher, right now. But that's not saying much because Daniher is a complete spud right now.
Stewart > all of those guys. Moore isn't even playing with a forward. You're kidding yourself if you're happy with that, you should be ashamed.

You actually took Jackson Ramsay instead of Stewart, madness! At least Joe had one AA season, Ramsay barely pulled his boots on for the seniors. Shocking! Sad!

Stewart > all of those guys. Moore isn't even playing with a forward. You're kidding yourself if you're happy with that, you should be ashamed.

You actually took Jackson Ramsay instead of Stewart, madness! At least Joe had one AA season, Ramsay barely pulled his boots on for the seniors. Shocking! Sad!

We had to make a Call on Steward BEFORE the Draft so we did not know who be there at our Picks.

Ramsey was looking good Pre-ACL.

Kennedy was part of a Trade that got us Howe

We had to make a Call on Steward BEFORE the Draft so we did not know who be there at our Picks.

Ramsey was looking good Pre-ACL.

Kennedy was part of a Trade that got us Howe
Stop biting at low quality bait, dude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back