Revisiting the 2014 AFL draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pali23

All Australian
Nov 6, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Have next to no faith in McCartin bursting into top 10 contention next season.

Hopefully he can just stay fit and play 20 games of senior footy.

Petracca and Lever will continue to improve.

DeGoey looks ominous with his head right.

Sinclair for the Sainters hopefully pushes into top 20 coming from the rookie draft.

No need to worry about Paddy there's a reason nearly every AFL club was circling him this year.

No need to worry about Paddy there's a reason nearly every AFL club was circling him this year.
Lol what about 3 clubs?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Three clubs that didn't is closer to the mark.
Dreaming.

Bloke is a spud. Even when he plays he isnt much good

Pali23

All Australian
Nov 6, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Your delusion isn’t a source.

A couple of clubs may have enquired about getting him at a bargain basement price given his complete lack of production, that’s it.

Untrue. Collingwood Geelong Carlton put large contracts in front of him many others made enquiries.

Untrue. Collingwood Geelong Carlton put large contracts in front of him many others made enquiries.
Bullshit

Oct 29, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Very ordinary draft from Collingwood

Brayden Sier: Low-key one of the worst selection in history. Home was somehow convinced as a team who missed the eight, we were still prepared enough to take a project player with our first pick, despite him still having another year of TAC Cup footy

Tom Phillips: Looking decent, can run all day and not a bad pick in the 50’s. Definitely has ball use issues though which is not what you want from a winger. He could be a real weapon if he assessed his options better

Rupert Wills: pressure machine but unfortunately not good for much else. The lid was off when he had 11 tackles on debut but I don’t think he’ll last any longer than a couple of years.

Ben Crocker: looked like an inspired pick in 2016, but was so far off it in 2017 that I don’t think he’ll come back from it. 2018 reveals his future at AFL level I say.

To be fair we had a weak hand in the draft after dropping picks on Treloar and Aish (shudder) but only Phillips looks like being a long-term option to me and he’s no star.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wrong draft in 2014 the pies got De Goey and Darcy Moore

David C

All Australian
Aug 16, 2017
Noosa
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Corey Ellis looks the goods to me. If he stops getting dropped he will be a good player.

good draft overall
Castagna probably loses his spot in the forward line next year to either Bolton or Stengle. Or they could go back to 2 talls.

Brayden Sier: Low-key one of the worst selection in history. Home was somehow convinced as a team who missed the eight, we were still prepared enough to take a project player with our first pick, despite him still having another year of TAC Cup footy

Tom Phillips: Looking decent, can run all day and not a bad pick in the 50’s. Definitely has ball use issues though which is not what you want from a winger. He could be a real weapon if he assessed his options better

Rupert Wills: pressure machine but unfortunately not good for much else. The lid was off when he had 11 tackles on debut but I don’t think he’ll last any longer than a couple of years.

Ben Crocker: looked like an inspired pick in 2016, but was so far off it in 2017 that I don’t think he’ll come back from it. 2018 reveals his future at AFL level I say.

To be fair we had a weak hand in the draft after dropping picks on Treloar and Aish (shudder) but only Phillips looks like being a long-term option to me and he’s no star.

Tbf collingwood nailed so many drafts previously it is/was about time they missed on one

Last edited:
Not sure about Geelong and Carlton, but Collingwood putting up a large contract for him is patently untrue.

Wrong draft mate, we nailed 2014 with JDG, Moore and Maynard.

May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure about Geelong and Carlton, but Collingwood putting up a large contract for him is patently untrue.

Geelong's focus was Ablett and managing their salary cap to get him, no chance they even discussed it. Carlton was purely focussed on Gibbs and getting in Kennedy we had no assets to trade for him. Even then we have no interest in him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back