Revisting some of the biggest deals from the 2015 AFL trade period

Which 2015 AFL trade has been the best to date?

• Trade 1 - Patrick Dangerfield to Geelong

Votes: 55 55.6%
  • Trade 2: Jeremy Howe to Collingwood, Ben Kennedy to Melbourne & Paul Seedsman to Adelaide

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Trade 4: Stevie J to GWS

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • Trade 5: Adam Treloar to Collingwood

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Trade 5: Melbourne & Gold Coast exchange draft picks

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Trade 8: Charlie Dixon to Port Adelaide

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

jimbler

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
brown.jpg

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
West Coast fans are pretty dirty on the Sinclair trade now that Nic Nat is gone. The irony is they might snap up Nankervis.

Disagree. We're dirtier on the fact that Jetta has been so poor. IMO Lycett has been better in 2016 than Sinclair was in 2015 anyway.

We arguably should've pushed for a better deal (just ask Sweet Jesus, he's posted once or twice on the matter...) but trading Sinclair made sense given the offer put to him by the Swans. How many teams keep 3 or more ruckmen? The club put our eggs in the Lycett basket signing him up long term before Sinclair's good 2015, and I don't think a Lycett/Sinclair tandem would be that good anyway. Goldstein or Gawn etc. could go down injured tomorrow, and so could Josh Kennedy or Jeremy McGovern or anyone else. You can't have a back up to the back up in every position with a list of 40 odd.

I thought we paid slight overs for Redden (but not enough to warrant toys being thrown out of cots) but he's been disappointing also. I'm hopeful that with a full pre-season in 2017 he'll get back to playing good footy because you don't recruit a guy who's been getting 20-25 touches a game for the last 5 years to get 15. Clearance and tackle numbers are well down also. Hasn't looked right all year.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't think the Dangerfield trade really belongs with the others either. He was a FA, so the trade was framed by that.

If he exercises FA rights, Adelaide get a first round pick tied to their ladder position, which would've ended up being pick 18. Or they match, he walks and they get nothing - which was never going to happen.

Picks 11, 17, 33 (on-traded) + Gore > picks 17 and 18 > nothing. The only thing Adelaide could've really hoped for from Geelong is their 2017 first round pick - which was traded to Carlton after the Dangerfield traded IIRC. Wishing for contracted players who don't want to go is just BigFooty at its finest.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
The best deal is the the Stevie J deal, they got a player who has kicked 39 goals and played 20 games for nothing!! Dumb Geelong! Would the "short people" be finishing 5th without Stevie J? I reckon he has put them 2 or 3 places ahead of where they might've been.
The Cats have done well out of the Dangerfield deal and Henderson has been extremely good this year, costly but effective.

Geelong got a top 3 player in the comp, now the best in the comp, walked in at 25 years old, is making the club a killing off field, media present, leader on field.

Judd was pick 3, pick 4 and upgraded pick 46 to 20. We got a VFL player, pick 11 (thanks academies) and 50 to 28.

Geelong got the best deal in the history of the game. They are pay him unders too. **** me.

Swans got the best deal in the history of the game.

Tippett for zero
Buddy for zero (with the AFL paying the Hawks a measly pick 19 in compensation) for arguably the best player in the competition

Feb 25, 2016
KFC
AFL Club
Melbourne
Danger is obvious answer, possibly even Trelor
But for value for money it has to be Stevie J. He's not far from AA pace and GWS got Him for next to nothing

The Melbourne/GC trade is interesting.
Melbourne would of backed themselves in to be higher up the ladder.
Its pretty even IMO.

Id love to see GWS play the Cats in a final.
Which we have. Also the reasoning for the trade was Melbourne wanted another KPF and believed Weideman to be better than any KPF in this years draft

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Great stuff. Well presented. But yeah PD has made Geelong a strong contender for this years flag. We are happy with Milera and Doeddee and Gore. Will be part of our future. This trade all parties have won. Geelong are ahead for this year
Looking back 3 years on I still think this is fair. Gore didnt come on but Milera and Doedee . Going to be stars

Pretty content with moving up the draft order to get Clayton Oliver, he goes alright.

Weid could be a bloody good player too

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looking back 3 years on I still think this is fair. Gore didnt come on but Milera and Doedee . Going to be stars

I thought we grabbed Menzel with the 2nd rounder from the Danger trade and Doedee was our pick from finishing position. We got reemed to the max on that trade. Brilliant by Noble to include Gore and 50ish in that trade to throw supporters off the scent of how s**t it was.

Back