Revival of the "What Music You Listening To?" Thread....

General Soreness

Awkward Squad
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah - I missed it then and picked it up in the 90's on one of those best of Zappa albums. Old Frank could take the piss out of something and still make money out of it- and his music was eclectic to say the least

Super-talented, super-driven guy. It's hard not to respect a guy who, as a 15 year old seeks, out Edgar Varèse.

Also:

Yeah - I missed it then and picked it up in the 90's on one of those best of Zappa albums. Old Frank could take the piss out of something and still make money out of it- and his music was eclectic to say the least

I miss Frank having children and then giving them names.

Countrypie

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2012
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was never a great Zeppelin fan- all that plagiarism got a bit much after a while. One song I always liked was when the Levee Breaks.
This version is better. Maybe that's because it looks better. But Gretchen Mann has become one of my must listen guitar players. She can play like Page and she can play like Satriani, Vai and Morse.
This is a great introduction to her and her solo stuff is right up there - worth checking out

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was never a great Zeppelin fan- all that plagiarism got a bit much after a while. One song I always liked was when the Levee Breaks.
This version is better. Maybe that's because it looks better. But Gretchen Mann has become one of my must listen guitar players. She can play like Page and she can play like Satriani, Vai and Morse.
This is a great introduction to her and her solo stuff is right up there - worth checking out

Love Zeppelin, best band in the world....of all time
I find myself going back to their music every few years, it blows me away, every time

Countrypie

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2012
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Love Zeppelin, best band in the world....of all time
I find myself going back to their music every few years, it blows me away, every time
Loved 'em when I was a kid but when I lined up Blind WIllie Dixon's (for one) tunes against there's (Nobodys Fault But Mine, Whole Lotta Love etc) I kind of lost a little bit of love. Undoubtedly they had the greatest manager in teh history of rock (Peter Grant)

Back