Rewind

Remove this Banner Ad

MEAN GENE

Senior List
Apr 9, 2009
Southern Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is it just me or is this league doing a huge U Turn. Was going so well. Holdsworth leaves. Canisso and Goose take over. Dragons leave, Sth Yarra gets a reprieve because of Blackrocks money situation (or is it because Sth Yarra has a new war chest and someone knows it) Clayton get finals to pay off a debt (everybody knows there ground and facilities are not near up to standard) certain clubs pay everything on time and help promote the league and it's colts (get shafted both on and off the fied) the newest promotion to 2nd division is a disgrace (nothing against the club coming up) Back flip after back flip and Goose hasn't even introduced himself to some of the leagues coaches (fact) I am a SFL supporter but I reckon I can see the writing on the wall. If you re not a div 1 club or a favorite of the league you cop it. I was involved at Skye a few years back and the league could not get enough of us. Now they are up and going its like good luck with all that. I am now a footy follower and can't believe what I have seen unfold. A new club president is a perfect example of te SFL mindset. All the best.

As a supplier to a few sfl clubs and other clubs in other leagues, the SFL under Holsworth improved significantly but that was because he cared and had been a President of a club himself before he had the understanding of how clubs work and the difficulties. The new boss Cannisso seems intelligent but lacks experience required for such a role, lacks credibility too. The SFL must get better and explaining decisions like Holsworth did even if they were a bit unpopular some times. What is he doing theses days anyway?

Yes I am sorry if I sounded negative, Cannisso will be fine just needs time and experience. What is the latest with Rhett Moor?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back