News REX CHADWICK STANDS DOWN FROM RICHMOND BOARD

Remove this Banner Ad

A hierarchal org that is galvanised by standards , discipline and integrity , no I can't see any relevance to a football club :rolleyes:

Mind you, their record on corruption and ethical standards has not been all that flash.
Not saying Emmett is corrupt nor lacking integrity, met him several times and he's a great fellow, but plenty of disgraced cops especially north of our border.

Mind you, their record on corruption and ethical standards has not been all that flash.
Not saying Emmett is corrupt nor lacking integrity, met him several times and he's a great fellow, but plenty of disgraced cops especially north of our border.
I think Bojangles17 was having a bit of an ironic dig :), and if so, he's actually right. The senior police are men of the world. And the cops say you're not a cop till you've busted a cop. I would back Emmett Dunne as a practical, down to earth person with a wealth of experience.

I think Bojangles17 was having a bit of an ironic dig :), and if so, he's actually right. The senior police are men of the world. And the cops say you're not a cop till you've busted a cop. I would back Emmett Dunne as a practical, down to earth person with a wealth of experience.

He's a wonderful bloke, very down to earth.
Great interview with him on his police and footy career last year on SEN.
Very entertaining.

No I wasn't actually , there was a broadside made about how someone from the police force could be as much value as a businessman on the board ,,,,an absurd remark , my comments are face value ,

What a ******* embarrassing thread.
All the best to the bloke with his battle for health.
Get ya knickers out of a knot and chill. No one has had a go at Rex. They have certainly questioned again just how the club goes about replacing retiriing members.

Nothing illegal in what they do but morally it is reprehensible.

It is literally to the point where anyone outside of the club sanctum can not get on the board.

Get ya knickers out of a knot and chill. No one has had a go at Rex. They have certainly questioned again just how the club goes about replacing retiriing members.

Nothing illegal in what they do but morally it is reprehensible.

It is literally to the point where anyone outside of the club sanctum can not get on the board.
It was a thread about a bloke being crook and within 5 posts people were questioning if it was fair dinkum.
Get your head out of your arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a thread about a bloke being crook and within 5 posts people were questioning if it was fair dinkum.
They were questioning the timing of his retirement as the club knew well before the elections of his illness. There is a massive difference if you understand the reasons for doing this.
Questioning his health cmon RD ?????
You came up with the embarrassing line in the Yarran thread and how the people questioning / doubting he would make it were going to end up with egg on their faces.
Go and do some research on certain dates as it was mentioned months earlier that another bloke was going to move on with Free.

They were questioning the timing of his retirement as the club knew well before the elections of his illness. There is a massive difference if you understand the reasons for doing this.
Questioning his health cmon RD ?????
You came up with the embarrassing line in the Yarran thread and how the people questioning / doubting he would make it were going to end up with egg on their faces.
Go and do some research on certain dates as it was mentioned months earlier that another bloke was going to move on with Free.
You just sound even more stupid trying to defend it.
Timing is everything.
Did I say questioning his health? No I said you just don't discuss it in a thread that is stating a guy is unwell. You pass on your best wishes and that's that.
Yarran?? You wouldn't be making s**t up now would you?
Go and do some research where I actually was concerned before we even took him and predicted he wouldn't play. Always said he would never play a game.
But I "wanted" him to. That's the difference. A lot of you blokes wouldn't understand that emotion, wanting something good to happen when it comes to Richmond.
But that's beside the point.
I wasn't going to keep harping on about somebody in his state.
You and Mopsy feeling the need to respond is an admission of guilt in my book.
Don't bother getting into a flinging match with me because I have no interest. Just go and do your "research" and understand that there is a time and a place.

You just sound even more stupid trying to defend it.
Timing is everything.
Did I say questioning his health? No I said you just don't discuss it in a thread that is stating a guy is unwell. You pass on your best wishes and that's that.
Yarran?? You wouldn't be making s**t up now would you?
Go and do some research where I actually was concerned before we even took him and predicted he wouldn't play. Always said he would never play a game.
But I "wanted" him to. That's the difference. A lot of you blokes wouldn't understand that emotion, wanting something good to happen when it comes to Richmond.
But that's beside the point.
I wasn't going to keep harping on about somebody in his state.
You and Mopsy feeling the need to respond is an admission of guilt in my book.
Don't bother getting into a flinging match with me because I have no interest. Just go and do your "research" and understand that there is a time and a place.
The thread States Rex stands down yes due to ill health.
So a replacement cannot be discussed and the lead up to the events well before the AGM? Most posters wished Rex all the best in his future especially concerning his health. Still couldn't see the need to make the embarrassment call, unless you were after free likes from the usual back slappers. I think the op should have stated what their intentions were with the thread as after wishing Rex the best and only other things to discuss was a replacement and the poor timing of it due to previous knowledge of it.
Nothing embarrassing or stupid about that.

Last edited:
Yes you did, actually. You said: 'It was a thread about a bloke being crook and within 5 posts people were questioning if it was fair dinkum.'

As you said to TI i am not going to get into another slanging match over this.
If my post was interpreted as having a go at a sick man which clearly it was not it was imo an obvious progression of Chadwick standing down from the board, i apologise to all who took offense.Which it seems atm is just you.

As you said to TI i am not going to get into another slanging match over this.
If my post was interpreted as having a go at a sick man which clearly it was not it was imo an obvious progression of Chadwick standing down from the board, i apologise to all who took offense.Which it seems atm is just you.
Don't worry about it.
My initial post wasn't aimed at you or anyone at all in particular.
I shouldn't have said it but I did.
I rarely frequent the board these days and in particular these types of threads and I should have known better.
It was more of me thinking out aloud that * me it's in every thread because I wasn't expecting it when I opened it.
I can't stand club politics and the negativity it creates l, and avoid it like the plague so I got what I asked for I guess.

Don't worry about it.
My initial post wasn't aimed at you or anyone at all in particular.
I shouldn't have said it but I did.
I rarely frequent the board these days and in particular these types of threads and I should have known better.
It was more of me thinking out aloud that **** me it's in every thread because I wasn't expecting it when I opened it.
I can't stand club politics and the negativity it creates l, and avoid it like the plague so I got what I asked for I guess.
Its all good Rodney your posts are apprecited i apologised because i do see your point of view on this and understand why you posted.

Good luck to Rex with his health.

I think most on here have concerns on the timing, as the board would have been aware pre vote.

As a show of good faith they maybe need to let the third place finisher onto the board,

The conspiracy theories here are just that. As people seem to want facts, let's list them.

Fact: Rex has not been in the best of health
Fact: Yes of course the board was aware of that Rex was not in the best of health
Fact: Rex, like a true fighting tiger, continued to perform his directorial duties until only very recently when he alone determined that he could not serve the club to the best of his abilities and the club, to Rex, is always paramount.
Fact: The decision was Rex's and his alone, and made with the utmost integrity as befits him and his service to our mighty club.

To suggest that this is some board plot in terms of timing etc, is just plainly insulting to Rex, his ethics and character for a start. If you can't see that, then I can't help you. I believe Rex's step son wrote a perfect assessment of this thread.

Rex has and will continue to be a great servant of the club.

Haere Ra

FACT
The Age reported there would be two resignations in September.
So again it was well known that two vacancies were going to take place.
Now if people see this being disrespectful to Rex then they're wrong as I don't think anybody could stoop that low.
It is a board management / selection issue as we hade excellent candidates to fulfil the void.
People posting half the facts with accusations attached need to chill out as yes it's not helping the situation .

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...richmond-board-challenge-20160921-grlget.html

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back