News REX CHADWICK STANDS DOWN FROM RICHMOND BOARD

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Dunne replaced Matthies, who resigned long before Free did. As such he was never replacing free. Also if free was replaced prior to the agm it would not have gone to a vote, as his seat is up for election in 2017.

Again, rexs seat could not have been up for election in 2016, it would have been voted on in 2018.

Ryan, oneal, and Matthies/dunne was the ONLY seats due for a vote this cycle (with oneal made the board preselect). If you wanted rex and frees seats voted on, you would need a full spill via an egm
You're right about mathies/dunne, and whilst I agree that they have followed everything to a t,it would have looked better if the few members who voted had th opportunity for the free and Rex seats, instead they are looking at replacing two?
Free and Rex? Or is that wrong? If so then surely one of the losing candidates gets a gurnsey.

The protection of oneall from a vote was optically a poor look.

It's obviously an issue because it's been argued/discussed on the three forums, by different posters.

Again it's about the optics, and for a club that went backwards both on and off field in 2016 then the optics become important.

Bingo so the board hand pick there own.

No....

They pick one of three, the other two always face the members IF anyone can actually be ****ed running for the board

You often raise the issue of how many of our board members have never faced the voters, and there js a simple answer, no one runs against them most years

You want a contestes board, you have to have someone actually bother to contest

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
No....

They pick one of three, the other two always face the members IF anyone can actually be stuffed running for the board

You often raise the issue of how many of our board members have never faced the voters, and there js a simple answer, no one runs against them most years

You want a contestes board, you have to have someone actually bother to contest
Peggy just stated they are looking to replace Rex with a person having the right skill set. I hope they choose wisely.

You're right about mathies/dunne, and whilst I agree that they have followed everything to a t,it would have looked better if the few members who voted had th opportunity for the free and Rex seats, instead they are looking at replacing two?
Free and Rex? Or is that wrong? If so then surely one of the losing candidates gets a gurnsey.

The protection of oneall from a vote was optically a poor look.

It's obviously an issue because it's been argued/discussed on the three forums, by different posters.

Again it's about the optics, and for a club that went backwards both on and off field in 2016 then the optics become important.

Dude, its not about optics - the rex seat could not have been voted on as a special case, they would have to spill the entire board. Doing otherwise is contrary to our constitution.

We need to kill this notion we could have voted on rexs seat, it was never an option.

On oneal, i said at the time she should have run and let ryan be the preselect. Fwiw oneal survived on the shitty poll we did here, so with all the "oneal is a ****" haters here i dont doubt she would have been safe in the vote

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dude, its not about optics - the rex seat could not have been voted on as a special case, they would have to spill the entire board. Doing otherwise is contrary to our constitution.

We need to kill this notion we could have voted on rexs seat, it was never an option.

On oneal, i said at the time she should have run and let ryan be the preselect. Fwiw oneal survived on the shitty poll we did here, so with all the "oneal is a ****" haters here i dont doubt she would have been safe in the vote
I don't recall anyone calling her that name, there are haters but Jesus are you sure,?

Peggy just stated they are looking to replace Rex with a person having the right skill set. I hope they choose wisely.

No s**t sherlock ;)

Just imo but our board is improving. We have come from an era when mithen gets a gig because no one else wants it, to now where wallace is knocked back.

I worry about available depth though. If bob the builder, the racist, and FoF are indicative if it, im s**t scared. But im hoping the decent candidates are working with the noms committee

The lag to fill frees seat actually gives me hope though, we arent rushing the process and going an easy fill (ie bryan wood or monteith) like we would have some time ago

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
No s**t sherlock ;)

Just imo but our board is improving. We have come from an era when mithen gets a gig because no one else wants it, to now where wallace is knocked back.

I worry about available depth though. If bob the builder, the racist, and FoF are indicative if it, im s**t scared. But im hoping the decent candidates are working with the noms committee

The lag to fill frees seat actually gives me hope though, we arent rushing the process and going an easy fill (ie bryan wood or monteith) like we would have some time ago
I don't think those two clowns would have got in.
Thank you I rest my case so close thread.

May 23, 2010
Leafy Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Richmond
Bingo so the board hand pick there own.

"Bingo"?

So instead of accepting you are totally wrong on this you continue with your bullshit.
Rfctiger has completely schooled you and you should accept that your facts are wrong and thank him for enlightening you.

I'm done with this crap. This is why we tell our kids to get off their phones and get outside and have fun. Time I took my own advice.
Be back when the footy starts, maybe.
Adios.

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
"Bingo"?

So instead of accepting you are totally wrong on this you continue with your bullshit.
Rfctiger has completely schooled you and you should accept that your facts are wrong and thank him for enlightening you.

I'm done with this crap. This is why we tell our kids to get off their phones and get outside and have fun. Time I took my own advice.
Be back when the footy starts, maybe.
Adios.
Go away you're out of your depth here

I don't think those two clowns would have got in.
Thank you I rest my case so close thread.

I thoigh wood would have been good until he started speaking

My point was in the past, we would have had noone else and taken they by default. Fact we are still looking means we are still vetting which is good

Goldust

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
Chisholm, Minnesota
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators
Dunne replaced Matthies, who resigned long before Free did. As such he was never replacing free. Also if free was replaced prior to the agm it would not have gone to a vote, as his seat is up for election in 2017.

Again, rexs seat could not have been up for election in 2016, it would have been voted on in 2018.

Ryan, oneal, and Matthies/dunne was the ONLY seats due for a vote this cycle (with oneal made the board preselect). If you wanted rex and frees seats voted on, you would need a full spill via an egm

There should be an election every time someone leaves. Simple!

There should be an election every time someone leaves. Simple!

The issue you have then is "then what"

We would have an election cycle of 5/2/2, and this would continue to distort with every change. Have an egm and its suddenly 9/0/0.

The benefit of 3/3/3 is a third of the board gets examined every agm, which ensures a good chunk of the board can be replaced on any given year

Tbh imo this isnt the issue. The issue is the complete lack of quality candidates contesting evry year, and when we actually do have someone to vote the complete and utter disinterest in voting by our members

Helen Wheels

Hustler
10k Posts Richmond Tigers - 2018 Player Sponsor
Jun 5, 2015
Demimonde
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies

We would have an election cycle of 5/2/2, and this would continue to distort with every change. Have an egm and its suddenly 9/0/0.

The benefit of 3/3/3 is a third of the board gets examined every agm, which ensures a good chunk of the board can be replaced on any given year

Tbh imo this isnt the issue. The issue is the complete lack of quality candidates contesting evry year, and when we actually do have someone to vote the complete and utter disinterest in voting by our members

The lack of votes for some candidates may well be because they aren't worth voting for.

Goldust

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
Chisholm, Minnesota
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators

My issue is just as I said ... all board members should be elected by the members.
If a vacncy falls tomorrow, we go to the polls.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
My issue is just as I said ... all board members should be elected by the members.
In a member based club that should be the case

So youre happy to have no board member face a vote for three years if an egm or a full spill is triggered?

Goldust

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
Chisholm, Minnesota
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators
So youre happy to have no board member face a vote for three years if an egm or a full spill is triggered?

Not at all. There should be an election every three years with all board members up for re-election.
If a board member leaves in the meantime, there is a supplementary election.

Not at all. There should be an election every three years with all board members up for re-election.
If a board member leaves in the meantime, there is a supplementary election.

If we have an egm or a full spill, there will be no election for three years unless someone resigns. Are you planning to force some board members to oy have 1 year terms now?

So the members can get .....? We don't count?

Of course we count, but the structures we have to work under are not those for a club house or a book club, but a legally registered company that has to act under the governance of asic.

Back