Rex Hunt returns to 3AW in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonderful memories.
3AW and Rex was entertaining in the early to mid 1990's but became annoying years later when they started playing music and singing after a goal was kicked, i.e singing 'My Fevola' to the 'My Sharona' music after Fev kicked a goal.

Or the in-play ads, which made no sense for anyone outside of Victoria.

It was only in the last couple of years of so of Clive Peter's existence that they were an electrical store and not just a 3AW show pony piece.

The Pancake Kitchen they currently use isn't as annoying but still frustrating.

3AW and Rex was entertaining in the early to mid 1990's but became annoying years later when they started playing music and singing after a goal was kicked, i.e singing 'My Fevola' to the 'My Sharona' music after Fev kicked a goal.

Or the 'Richo Man' to the tune of 'Macho Man'.

I guess that's the end of his "This is Your Football Life" series on SEN?
They've had Peter Donegan doing "This is your Sporting Life" over the Summer. It's very good actually. Donegan is an excellent interviewer. I think they'll keep it going with him during the footy season and change the theme back to football, or at least have more footballers on in a general sport version. So I don't think it's dead. I'd rather listen to Donegan than Rex anyway.

They've had Peter Donegan doing "This is your Sporting Life" over the Summer. It's very good actually. Donegan is an excellent interviewer. I think they'll keep it going with him during the footy season and change the theme back to football, or at least have more footballers on in a general sport version. So I don't think it's dead. I'd rather listen to Donegan than Rex anyway.

If it does return return, Rex definitely won't be doing it, as he said last week during his fishing show that the New Years Eve show will be his last time on SEN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could never understand what the egotistical maniac was saying....he spoke in a special language, I think it was Braille.

He's amusing as a personality I guess, but he's always talking about himself. Guaranteed you will get at least one comment about his lack of hair, or references to business concerns, etc.

As a caller of games he was a disaster. Mildly amusing at first, but I remember a girl I worked with saying to me one day she didn't have a clue what was going on as she didn't know the nicknames for players, etc. I thought, "What's the use of calling the game if people don't understand what you're talking about"?

I couldn't imagine Rex interviewing anyone, the conversation would be about Rex.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back