Radio Rex hunt to make a comeback

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank *, I heard him the other night and thought it was something permanent.

As the years went by he added too much bullshit to his calls. His sacking was years overdue.

I missed my year twelve school formal to go to John farnham's "last ever concert tour."
Twenty two years later it still annoys me. I was on a sure thing that night.
That he really was going to retire?

The most underrated thing about Hunt as a radio caller was for all his nicknames and idiosyncratic style, he gave a good sense of the game and you were able to follow play fairly easily listening to him.

But as a personality, he was insufferable in his later years. No surprise 3AW removed him from pre-match while keeping him as a gameday caller in his last few years there.

Are you serious with this post - The big issue with Hunt's calling on radio was the listener had no idea of the state of play - Hunt was more effective when he was on TV.

did anyone bother to stay up and listen to his post-game show on Friday nights?
I used to love listening to Rex back in the day, it was rollicking and not overly serious and at the time Sam Newman (believe it or not) was able to simplify the game better than most. So for nostalgia I flicked it on when driving home from the Tigers v Crows a few weeks ago. I lasted 2 minutes, it was a train wreck

Didn't know where else to put this but looks like he isn't doing footy nightline anymore despite an article over summer saying he would. Was some of the most car crash but oddly compelling radio you will ever hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he still do commentary for a smaller station?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Saw an Ebay listing where there is a footy signed by the 3AW team from 2002 or so on sale - Rexy on there as well as Barassi/Sam Newman/Garry Lyon etc. Talk about going back in time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back