RFC - the Longest current Grand Final drought

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is, it's called the Vent Thread and/or Punt Road End.
It's not called "RFC - the Longest current Grand Final drought" thread, or the "Review Complete' thread, or any other thread not on those particular topics.

Again, see the Vent thread or another forum - don't do all your complaining here unless you want to Mods to take action and infract you.

so what exactly do you want people to talk about? do you want everyone to just simply state "yes that is true" (to the title). sounds like an interesting thread...

i think you are missing the point of a discussion thread. people are entirely on topic when they talk about how much of a rabble we have been during this 35 year drought, what role the current people at the club have played, and what should/shouldnt be done to fix it.

oh and dont presume to be able to order the mods around and tell people they will be banned if they dont follow what you want them to talk about. if the mods had a problem, then all the posts you are whining about would have been deleted and there would be mass bans. news flash, this hasnt happened.

45 years as a Tiger, but I don't rate Hardwick as a coach and don't consider him my coach..
I've never heard a coach declare we "smashed" a draft 18 months in .... stupid statement by a coach prone to making outrageous statements that easil;y get picked apart.
Can't he say "they second years are tracking well" ... but no, we smashed it!
That's just a strange comment dude...

And do you actually have the context of the comment, or any article/video of this comment?
And he's not really that prone to making outrageous comments either.
so what exactly do you want people to talk about? do you want everyone to just simply state "yes that is true" (to the title). sounds like an interesting thread...

i think you are missing the point of a discussion thread. people are entirely on topic when they talk about how much of a rabble we have been during this 35 year drought, what role the current people at the club have played, and what should/shouldnt be done to fix it.

oh and dont presume to be able to order the mods around and tell people they will be banned if they dont follow what you want them to talk about. if the mods had a problem, then all the posts you are whining about would have been deleted and there would be mass bans. news flash, this hasnt happened.
It's a pretty s**t thread that doesn't actually lead to any conversation because there isn't much to say past 2 pages on the actual topic.
And I'm not sure bagging out Hardwick and comments he has made is relevant to the thread either which is where it went.

If it stayed that way I'd agree, but this has just because another anti-Hardwick/Richmond thread by the same people who are trying to argue that it's Damien's fault we haven't won a flag since 1980.
This isn't a discussion on why we have the longest drought because if it were we'd be talking about Graham Richardson and the shambles he left.

Would you mind showing me where I "ordered mods around", I was just reminding Goldust that if he keeps making s**t up that mods would take action, or would you rather I don't send out a hint so he can post in this thread and just send the mods a txt message?

That's just a strange comment dude...

And do you actually have the context of the comment, or any article/video of this comment?
And he's not really that prone to making outrageous comments either.

It's a pretty s**t thread that doesn't actually lead to any conversation because there isn't much to say past 2 pages on the actual topic.
And I'm not sure bagging out Hardwick and comments he has made is relevant to the thread either which is where it went.

If it stayed that way I'd agree, but this has just because another anti-Hardwick/Richmond thread by the same people who are trying to argue that it's Damien's fault we haven't won a flag since 1980.
This isn't a discussion on why we have the longest drought because if it were we'd be talking about Graham Richardson and the shambles he left.

Would you mind showing me where I "ordered mods around", I was just reminding Goldust that if he keeps making s**t up that mods would take action, or would you rather I don't send out a hint so he can post in this thread and just send the mods a txt message?
HARDWICK stated it on ABC Radio a mere 30 minutes before the game against Essendon at the MCG.
He was asked about whether we needed a rebuild and said we have the players to rebound quickly.
Then went on to say "We think we smashed the last two drafts". No, maybe, we might have done well, the signsd are good ... no .... "we smashed the last two drafts". I nearly drove off the road listening to it.
Smashed it!!! He went on to say the same thing in the press conference after getting belted by GWS that we "smashed the last two drafts" when talking about having the players again to rebound quickly.
Like why does this guy say rubbish like that???
Look at the drafts ...... CEllis (just goes), Menadue (could be very good, needs bulk), Drummond (played, what 4 games, maybe 1 good one), Butler (shown nothing), McKenzie (gone). Is that smashing it. Add Rioli (going to be great), Broad (lucky to be there beyond next season) and Markov (promisng). We smashed it!
I'll declare it now, the Bulldogs smashed the 20012 draft (four years on) with Stringer, McCrae, Hunter, Horovrat .. but we're declaring it a year and a half in. You dn't think this is typical of the type of nonsense statements our erratic coach makes?

HARDWICK stated it on ABC Radio a mere 30 minutes before the game against Essendon at the MCG.
He was asked about whether we needed a rebuild and said we have the players to rebound quickly.
Then went on to say "We think we smashed the last two drafts". No, maybe, we might have done well, the signsd are good ... no .... "we smashed the last two drafts". I nearly drove off the road listening to it.
Smashed it!!! He went on to say the same thing in the press conference after getting belted by GWS that we "smashed the last two drafts" when talking about having the players again to rebound quickly.
Look at the drafts ...... CEllis (just goes), Menadue (could be very good, needs bulk), Drummond (played, what 4 games, maybe 1 good one), Butler (shown nothing), McKenzie (gone). Is that smashing it. Add Rioli (going to be great), Broad (lucky to be there beyond next season) and Markov (promisng). We smashed it!
I'll declare it now, the Bulldogs smashed the 20012 draft (four years on) with Stringer, McCrae, Hunter, Horovrat .. but we're declaring it a year and a half in. You dn't think this is typical of the type of nonsense statements our erratic coach makes?
I'll have to go and find it and have a listen to pass on a proper comment about his comments but if he said that it's not the greatest choice of words but at the same time he will only say that we smashed it and positivity is around - he can't really say we had 2 mediocre drafts.

You've listed 8 players we have drafted in 2 drafts, if you wouldn't mind put a bit more effort in and rate every player we have drafted before passing a judgement that it's all down hill.

Then went on to say "I think we were all smashed during the last two drafts". No, maybe, we might have done well, the signs are good ... no .... "we were all smashed during the last two drafts". I nearly drove off the road listening to it.
Smashed!!! He went on to say the same thing in the press conference after getting belted by GWS that we "smashed we were smashed during last two drafts" when talking about having the players again to rebound quickly.
Look at the drafts ...... CEllis (just goes), Menadue (could be very good, needs bulk), Drummond (played, what 4 games, maybe 1 good one), Butler (shown nothing), McKenzie (gone). Is that smashing it. Add Rioli (going to be great), Broad (lucky to be there beyond next season) and Markov (promisng). We were smashed !
EFA

I'll have to go and find it and have a listen to pass on a proper comment about his comments but if he said that it's not the greatest choice of words but at the same time he will only say that we smashed it and positivity is around - he can't really say we had 2 mediocre drafts.

You've listed 8 players we have drafted in 2 drafts, if you wouldn't mind put a bit more effort in and rate every player we have drafted before passing a judgement that it's all down hill.
I would be just as staggered if he said it was mediocre.
My point is you are more likely to know - slightly - if it was mediocre than 'smashed' or great, but why would you say either.
You might suggest we are confident with with where we are placed in terms of our first and second year players, or we think we might have a few quality playes going forward, but smashed??
He has a communication problem, which makes you wonder why he's in charge and who is advising him. These guys are well versed in what and what not to say - trust me - I'm in the media, they are briefed to promote on promoting key themes, buzz words, certain players. No one would out-and-out tell him to tell the fans look we smashed those last two drafts, we'll rebound quickly. It just wouldn't happen.
His pressers run parallel to his game plan - both deplorable and suggest a lack of preparation and ability top connect. Why are we keeping such a coach?

I would be just as staggered if he said it was mediocre.
My point is you are more likely to know - slightly - if it was mediocre than 'smashed' or great, but why would you say either.
You might suggest we are confident with with where we are placed in terms of our first and second year players, or we think we might have a few quality playes going forward, but smashed??
He has a communication problem, which makes you wonder why he's in charge and who is advising him. These guys are well versed in what and what not to say - trust me - I'm in the media, they are briefed to promote on promoting key themes, buzz words, certain players. No one would out-and-out tell him to tell the fans look we smashed those last two drafts, we'll rebound quickly. It just wouldn't happen.
His pressers run parallel to his game plan - both deplorable and suggest a lack of preparation and ability top connect. Why are we keeping such a coach?
Didn't you say he was responding to a question out to him?
It's not like he just cut off the guy asking the question to boldly proclaim we smash 2 drafts.

I don't think he has a communication problem mate, he always comes across as calm and well spoken and clearly thinks through what he is saying.
See his On The Couch interview.
What else has he said that was so out of character and insane?
Nothing I bet.

And if you're really in the media, for one - God help us all, and secondly "key themes" and "buzz words" would be like "We smashed the last two drafts" would it not?
Key theme = draft - where we pick up future stars, big item for fans
Buzz words = smashed

Didn't you say he was responding to a question out to him?
It's not like he just cut off the guy asking the question to boldly proclaim we smash 2 drafts.

I don't think he has a communication problem mate, he always comes across as calm and well spoken and clearly thinks through what he is saying.
See his On The Couch interview.
What else has he said that was so out of character and insane?
Nothing I bet.

And if you're really in the media, for one - God help us all, and secondly "key themes" and "buzz words" would be like "We smashed the last two drafts" would it not?
Key theme = draft - where we pick up future stars, big item for fans
Buzz words = smashed
A guy who opened his St Kilda press conference with a wise crack about how poor a game it was??? How about cutting the comedy and telling us why we are so poor?
Then he proceeds to smash a sports drink bottle off the desk in his final presser for the year as it had Dan Hannerbery's face on it!
Best list in seven years (since amended to be best list 'profile' months later by B. Gale who finally addressed the statement and explained it).
Countless references to #29 being a match winner and important to our structure (please Lizard, other than one game v Collingwood in 215, tell me which game Ty was the match winner in)?
The same coach who regularly dolls out the we missed McIntosh and Houli, when we were 1-6 with both in the line-up.
Then the gold medal winner ... we need to consider we don't have Ricky Petterd, Dan Jackson, Chris Newman, Chris Knights and Nathan Foley anymore, only who played more than one game in 2015.
LMAO .. The Bulldogs had their entire back six out for a few weeks and are missing their captain Mitch Wallis, Jack Redpath and has four other non regulars out for the season, but do you hear Beverage moaning about injuries???

A guy who opened his St Kilda press conference with a wise crack about how poor a game it was??? How about cutting the comedy and telling us why we are so poor?
Then he proceeds to smash a sports drink bottle off the desk in his final presser for the year as it had Dan Hannerbery's face on it!
Best list in seven years (since amended to be best list 'profile' months later by B. Gale who finally addressed the statement and explained it).
Countless references to #29 being a match winner and important to our structure (please Lizard, other than one game v Collingwood in 215, tell me which game Ty was the match winner in)?
The same coach who regularly dolls out the we missed McIntosh and Houli, when we were 1-6 with both in the line-up.
Then the gold medal winner ... we need to consider we don't have Ricky Petterd, Dan Jackson, Chris Newman, Chris Knights and Nathan Foley anymore, only who played more than one game in 2015.
LMAO .. The Bulldogs had their entire back six out for a few weeks and are missing their captain Mitch Wallis, Jack Redpath and has four other non regulars out for the season, but do you hear Beverage moaning about injuries???
I'm not really defending him as a coach, keep in mind but I'll go through them.

I didn't actually see that presser, I only read about it here so I won't pass comment.
See above.
Well, to be fair - it is the best list he's had, remember the early days?
He had that incredible game up in Sydney, but ok, I get you.
Although, structurally he is important (anyone 6 foot would be though - apart from McBean, he was hopeless).
I think you'll find that he was saying that we couldn't recover from 1-6 because of missing them for large chunks of the season, but I'm not sure where he said that.
Well, he could mean off field, all of them were very highly rated off field in development and being mentors.

If they had started losing I bet you you would have.
Injuries suck but they are a legitimate excuse for losses, when you're winning its all "another soldier" bullshit.

And to be fair to DH I could pull hundreds of dumb things all of the coaches have said over the journey.

I didn't actually see that presser, I only read about it here so I won't pass comment.
See above.
Although, structurally he is important (anyone 6 foot would be though - apart from McBean, he was hopeless).
I think you'll find that he was saying that we couldn't recover from 1-6 because of missing them for large chunks of the season, but I'm not sure where he said that.
Well, he could mean off field, all of them were very highly rated off field in development and being mentors.

Injuries suck but they are a legitimate excuse for losses, when you're winning its all "another soldier" bullshit.

And to be fair to DH I could pull hundreds of dumb things all of the coaches have said over the journey.

A certain 3 time premiership coach: "I can't see us losing a game this year"

- team goes on to winning the wooden spoon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See above.

Injuries are part of the game ... EVERY club has them.
I'll spell it out .. we had a great run with them 2012-15 ... we copped a few this year (some our own doing .. see Yarran) which exposed our list. I would argue our list was better in 2013.
Yet we moan about injuries, while others don't! One in particular got on with getting to a grand final. Like really, Petterd was the key? Foley?

Injuries are part of the game ... EVERY club has them.
I'll spell it out .. we had a great run with them 2012-15 ... we copped a few this year (some our own doing .. see Yarran) which exposed our list. I would argue our list was better in 2013.
Yet we moan about injuries, while others don't! One in particular got on with getting to a grand final. Like really, Petterd was the key? Foley?
I know that, I just said that.
How at all was Yarran's injuries our own doing?

Who's moaned about them?
All I said was it's easier to pull the "soldier in" line when you're winning, but when you're losing in my eyes it's a legitimate excuse
One in how many made a GF with many injuries?

What the * are you talking about now?
Petterd, Foley?

I know that, I just said that.
How at all was Yarran's injuries our own doing?

Who's moaned about them?
All I said was it's easier to pull the "soldier in" line when you're winning, but when you're losing in my eyes it's a legitimate excuse
One in how many made a GF with many injuries?

What the **** are you talking about now?
Petterd, Foley?

He is referring to the interview early this year where he said "remember we've lost petterd, foley, Jackson in the past two years" I don't like to bash the guy but that interview was embarrassing lol

The skill is actually in being able to call out the bullshit without it resorting to personal abuse or some kind of vilification. You simply blow your own argument out of the water by reverting to name calling which is what little children do. But then they grow up.

If anything's killing Western society it's a lack of repect. I'm all for calling out the bullshit, but remember it's only the bullshit as you see it. Your points hold much more weight when you don't resort to belittling someone you disagree with.
Mostly fair points, especially about the lack of respect. Having said that sometimes it's justifiable to simply respond in kind. In the post I responded to Imposter was being a spurious dick, and would have known it. There was no argument being made on either side - just a bit of internet banter. What's truly fascinating is the interest some posters *cough* alias alert *cough* have taken in the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back