Unsolved Rhianna Barreau - Adelaide schoolgirl disappearance

Remove this Banner Ad

All I'll say is....if Major Crime were given a potential burial location, don't expect that they would go down there with shovels. I've been talking to a PI who was told by police that until someone finds remains, there is no investigation. Unless they can link a suspect definitively to her abduction, I sadly wouldn't expect her to be found any time soon.
Too True. So sad.

If it was close by as they suspect then locals or neighbours. They would likely have a list. Imo that list would be neighbours in immediate surrounds. That's where I think focus belongs.

It's lazy to suggest no pressure can be applied. Shake the trees SAPOL. Why not get your list and approach each and every one saying you want to exclude them from a list of neighbours by doing lie detector test. It's not admissible BUT it's sure helpful to pinpoint those who have no fear because they weren't involved. Those that don't agree you keep on list and ratchet pressure further. Talk to friends and relatives. Make them stressed. Talk to them about cars owned at the time. Tell them you have located car and are doing forensics. Force a mistake

If it was close by as they suspect then locals or neighbours. They would likely have a list. Imo that list would be neighbours in immediate surrounds. That's where I think focus belongs.

It's lazy to suggest no pressure can be applied. Shake the trees SAPOL. Why not get your list and approach each and every one saying you want to exclude them from a list of neighbours by doing lie detector test. It's not admissible BUT it's sure helpful to pinpoint those who have no fear because they weren't involved. Those that don't agree you keep on list and ratchet pressure further. Talk to friends and relatives. Make them stressed. Talk to them about cars owned at the time. Tell them you have located car and are doing forensics. Force a mistake

As I quoted Blackdracula a couple of posts ago, it is true about Major crime and Sapol. They won’t do a thing. They are doing nothing. I’m probably ruffling some feathers here if any of you on here are cops or ex cops but it’s true.
Hopefully I haven’t broken any forum rules here and get banned for life but I am so frustrated.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

30 Years today.

I guess in most cases like this there are always 'sliding doors' moments, but there are two that really stand out in the tragic Rhianna Barreau case:

1. Rhianna normally visited her father on the Gold Coast in school holidays, but in this fortnight had remained in Adelaide.
2. Mrs. Barreau and Rhianna had planned to meet for lunch at the much larger Noarlunga Shopping Centre this particular day, but a bus strike cancelled these plans.

Of course, if Rhianna had been specifically identified and targeted by a kidnapper beforehand then she may still have been abducted at a later date, but if the crime was random then who knows?

I guess in most cases like this there are always 'sliding doors' moments, but there are two that really stand out in the tragic Rhianna Barreau case:

1. Rhianna normally visited her father on the Gold Coast in school holidays, but in this fortnight had remained in Adelaide.
2. Mrs. Barreau and Rhianna had planned to meet for lunch at the much larger Noarlunga Shopping Centre this particular day, but a bus strike cancelled these plans.

Of course, if Rhianna had been specifically identified and targeted by a kidnapper beforehand then she may still have been abducted at a later date, but if the crime was random then who knows?
What makes it even more tragic is that if it was a random incident (which I think it was), even with the bus strike it's a possibility that she was clocked upon her journey to Southgate or a secondary journey later on. If she'd have simply stayed home, it may have all been avoided.

I was sad to see that there was no comms from police to commemorate the 30 year mark of her disappearance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly was Targeted. Either by someone with a line of sight to the house. Or someone driving past in a car, had seen her walking.
I have collated a list of POI, Personally I have two POI living close. Peroco65 has another POI living 2km away. The Podcast producer flagged two known Rapists in the area. A few think Rust committed the crime. Finally the Mr Cruel investigators have come up with another local POI.

a few minutes on this video are about missing girl RB

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

I just watched the Cold case podcast
nicely spoken, he made a connection to MrCruel

A couple of errors. One was the researcher mentioned MrCruel only attacking on school holidays.
this is not correct, one attack was during a school term.
He suggested MrCruel was a Victorian coming to SA to perform the crime.

But for all we know, MrCruel may have been from SA traveling to Vic.
funny one of my POI worked for a SA power station and MrC has some indications he was in that industry

I find it extremely suspicious that a man came forward pointing out he saw a set of keys (where he claims that he saw RB close to a white Torana that afternoon) a few weeks after she went missing but when he returned they were gone.

The white Torana was investigated heavily and ultimately discounted. A report of seeing keys and RB near a white Torana certainly conveniently points the suspicion away from the house and it's neighbours. Keys never found and report made weeks later creates suspicion on the person making that claim. Was it an attempt to misdirect the investigation away from the house/ neighbours? Was that person a neighbour himself?

I'd be looking very closely at that person to exclude involvement

I know it gets said over and over again. But it intrigues me now how you can't get away with these crimes anymore.

Police work seems like it would be a lot easier now. Not in terms of the man hours and paperwork but the results.

It would ice interesting to see data on the results and convictions gained on kidnappings/abductions murders from the last 15 years v the previous 15 years etc or something.

What explains that report? Two possibilities. It was fake by the lone perp to throw the police off the track in which case it was a neighbour OR it was perhaps a bit player amongst a group connected to that car who was feeling pangs of conscience because he had guilty knowledge of who the perp was. Either way I think the call is connected.

Personally I can't see RB talking to 17-18 year olds. I know 12 yo girls like to press their independence at that age but not with late teens. So I'm inclined to think the neighbour path is more likely. The Torana was ultimately discounted I believe

What explains that report? Two possibilities. It was fake by the lone perp to throw the police off the track in which case it was a neighbour OR it was perhaps a bit player amongst a group connected to that car who was feeling pangs of conscience because he had guilty knowledge of who the perp was. Either way I think the call is connected.

Personally I can't see RB talking to 17-18 year olds. I know 12 yo girls like to press their independence at that age but not with late teens. So I'm inclined to think the neighbour path is more likely. The Torana was ultimately discounted I believe
The thing with the keys scenario is we know by the state the house was in and the fact that the christmas card was in the house and still in the paper bag that she did get home so whatever happened happened soon after her getting home and unless she had reason to leave the house again her keys would have been with her at the house not on a road. I agree the keys/white torana story was a red herring.

yep, if so probably compromised the case badly.

Yes and no. Police clearly took the bait and ran with it on a misdirected cause. Instead had they looked for corroboration and failed to find it the main lead stays amongst close neighbours imo. in fact in ways the keys and that call draws attention to near neighbours because it can be seen as a red herring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back