Unsolved Rhianna Barreau - Adelaide schoolgirl disappearance

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have located lots of rapes, abductions and attempted abductions, prowler activity in Victoria Harber is this too far for our Suspect?

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Also of note in this article: Police refuse to comment on a possible link to prowlers who terrified students in adelaides southern suburbs recently.

Attachments

• A796D2E5-4A77-4728-9A42-65EF7E96433E.jpeg
    A796D2E5-4A77-4728-9A42-65EF7E96433E.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 111

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
The key thing is very odd..

Is the guy that Is in the vid the one that was away though? And another housemate was home?
The Steve Fallon guy (in vid) was ‘at work’ (assuming that would’ve been checked). We dont actually know who the ‘housemate’ is or background to him at all.

its a strange thing to say, but doesn’t necessarily make him a perp either.

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I have located lots of rapes, abductions and attempted abductions, prowler activity in Victoria Harber is this too far for our Suspect?
Not really especially back then, the whole southern area was no where near as populated then as it is now. Depending on who you look at as a suspect. Also depending on the times of year they occurred in as Victor Harbor is also a popular holiday/getaway location, especially back then.
But if they were regular events, I would suggest the perp/s would be closer to the area and surrounding areas (which is also a large area).

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Also of note in this article: Police refuse to comment on a possible link to prowlers who terrified students in adelaides southern suburbs recently.
I think this is in relation to ‘the activity noted in the area in days leading up to’ & also on the day of Rhianna’s abduction. Police have refused to comment on this, nor will they elaborate on any further details.
There are many different possibilities as to why aswell.

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ll add these in here just in point form in case relevant, but don’t want to flood the thread if they are not.
I’ll see what else I can find on the below post incidents - jail time etc.
Incidents Victoria Harbour
  • October 1989 Back Valley Rape - 2 men charged, also noted a spate of house break-in’s mount Compass area
  • July 1993 Victor Harbour rape x 2 suspect charged
  • April 1994 Delamere bus stop attempted abduction of 15 yr old tan coloured vehicle
  • June 1994 Victor Harbour rape - suspect reported
  • August 1994 attempted abduction Mount Compass
  • May 1995 Lakala Reserve attempt to get teenager in car- several other attempts Port Elliott area - blue car noted

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Also to note - could be of interest or not.

August 1993 two men posing as Meter Reading persons in victor harbour area police warned public.

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
The key detail is very strange.

Once again we have no info on him at all. But we can only assume police have looked at him thoroughly and either he is a suspect or he has been discounted as a suspect

There hasn’t been anything I’ve read that states she had her keys on her at the time. Although police have said it appears she has left the house & locked the door behind her, you can only assume that she would take her keys to get back in. But, they haven’t specifically said that she HAD them either.

Then this guy says he found these keys & by the time he rings the cops from across the road, someone swoops up behind him & takes them? Its hard to believe that after a couple of months after her abduction, the keys are still left behind, on a street where police searched numerous times, kids walk to school through there, people live in the street just to name a few things, everyone has missed them except for this one man? Maybe he is the perp & is their target? But, police have also said that line of enquiry lead no where.

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I’ll add these in here just in point form in case relevant, but don’t want to flood the thread if they are not.
I’ll see what else I can find on the below post incidents - jail time etc.
Incidents Victoria Harbour
  • October 1989 Back Valley Rape - 2 men charged, also noted a spate of house break-in’s mount Compass area
  • July 1993 Victor Harbour rape x 2 suspect charged
  • April 1994 Delamere bus stop attempted abduction of 15 yr old tan coloured vehicle
  • June 1994 Victor Harbour rape - suspect reported
  • August 1994 attempted abduction Mount Compass
  • May 1995 Lakala Reserve attempt to get teenager in car- several other attempts Port Elliott area - blue car noted
Do you have any further details on any of these cases? The Mt Compass 1994 is interesting as Im sure police searched that area in relation to this case. May be something.

There was certainly activity happening in the area by different people/groups in different time periods, but without knowing specifics, it would be impossible to determine if any were connected or not.

It was also in a time period where
these places were still quite ‘country’ and quiet places, except Victor, with a country mentality. Tight knit communities, everyone knows everything.

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you have any further details on any of these cases? The Mt Compass 1994 is interesting as Im sure police searched that area in relation to this case. May be something.

There was certainly activity happening in the area by different people/groups in different time periods, but without knowing specifics, it would be impossible to determine if any were connected or not.

these places were still quite ‘country’ and quiet places, except Victor, with a country mentality. Tight knit communities, everyone knows everything.
The ones I have listed have come from short newspaper articles which I have saved. Of note there was a quite a few offenders in the area - and quite a few arrested prior to Rhiannas abduction as well.

obviously I don’t want to put them in the same basket as it could be a number of offenders but I did think the Mount Compass one could be of interest for the same reasons you state.I’ll hook that one out and post here and try delve a bit further.

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
The key detail is very strange.

Once again we have no info on him at all. But we can only assume police have looked at him thoroughly and either he is a suspect or he has been discounted as a suspect

There hasn’t been anything I’ve read that states she had her keys on her at the time. Although police have said it appears she has left the house & locked the door behind her, you can only assume that she would take her keys to get back in. But, they haven’t specifically said that she HAD them either.

Then this guy says he found these keys & by the time he rings the cops from across the road, someone swoops up behind him & takes them? Its hard to believe that after a couple of months after her abduction, the keys are still left behind, on a street where police searched numerous times, kids walk to school through there, people live in the street just to name a few things, everyone has missed them except for this one man? Maybe he is the perp & is their target? But, police have also said that line of enquiry lead no where.
I gather from the article too that they have estimated on the times of witness accounts and what was seen -that it must have been closer to the house or at her house she was taken.

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Interesting - a man was charged with this one - attempt to commit a felony. I’ll post the article just trying to do so under TOS

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
The ones I have listed have come from short newspaper articles which I have saved. Of note there was a quite a few offenders in the area - and quite a few arrested prior to Rhiannas abduction as well.

obviously I don’t want to put them in the same basket as it could be a number of offenders but I did think the Mount Compass one could be of interest for the same reasons you state.I’ll hook that one out and post here and try delve a bit further.
That would be great, in what I read there was a search of the area as it was reported a man in a white Torana was seen at the road side with a shovel. That in itself is rather brazen, even being in the ‘country’ but now thinking it maybe connected to the offence you’ve noted.

There were certainly many offender around that time & most have never actually faced charges, so possibly still active, just more discreet in their offending.

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I gather from the article too that they have estimated on the times of witness accounts and what was seen -that it must have been closer to the house or at her house she was taken.
Well this is where it gets a bit complex & clarification from police would assist greatly, but for some reason they will not elaborate.

Theres the ‘key’ man sighting - around 4pm near the junction of Highwray Drv/Acre Ave. That would also fit to the ‘housemates’ sighting seeing her while he was at the deli (each person would have had RB in their sights from their locations).

The above would tie into the original reports of RB being sighted at that junction at that time, however police no longer confirm this time & sighting, rather confirm her last sighting was 12:30pm that day roughly around that area just further up, towards her home. The police also never confirmed the housemate sighting was at that 4pm time either.

However, there was also another sighting at 4pm by a neighbour & when I read between the lines, I think it is possibly something to look further into. A neighbour from the street, saw RB around 4pm walking down Wakefield Ave this is walking towards O’Sullivans Beach Rd. At this end of the street (Wakefield Ave), there is nothing but houses, no shops, nothing.

Retired Detective Arthur said;

"I would have thought if she was walking down her street, Wakefield into Acre Avenue, someone would have seen her positively or seen someone at least in a motor vehicle approach her or at least see something which is suspicious and might give us a call," Mr Arthur said.

The description he has given is of her walking down Wakefield, rather than towards the deil, which she would’ve gone via Highwray Drv.

Again, clarification would be ideal.

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
That would be great, in what I read there was a search of the area as it was reported a man in a white Torana was seen at the road side with a shovel. That in itself is rather brazen, even being in the ‘country’ but now thinking it maybe connected to the offence you’ve noted.

There were certainly many offender around that time & most have never actually faced charges, so possibly still active, just more discreet in their offending.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Different case, dates do not correspond, the RB report was Jan 1993.
Yes but you asked for Mt Compass report as a possible link. That was posted

It is my contention the posted article describes a domestic incident and not a stranger abduction - which is the link back to Rhianna

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

It is my contention the posted article describes a domestic incident and not a stranger abduction - which is the link back to Rhianna
could be? Not clear really, says the woman took the numberplate (which woman I do not know!victim or passerby)

bluegirlz

Senior List
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton

I agree with that, sorry I was saying in my round-about way, the report that was posted was in no connection to RB. Agree it did sound a domestic issue (not that it should’ve been dismissed, just not relevant to the RB case).

Back