Rhino-man gets a lifeline

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloodstained Angel

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2000
Sydney, Nsw, Australia
I read today that Ryan O'Connor has been invited to pre-season training with the Roos.

I guess the club is looking for a back-up ruckman / spare-parts big man / all round fat guy

I was disappointed that the Swans delisted him and I'm rapt for him that another club is interested.

What do you RooBoys think ?

Will he be useful to you - or are you guys just wasting your time ?

I rate him as a more than useful spare fat guy who can fulfill a wide variety of on-field roles, from 2nd ruckman to Backline plug to Goal-kicking forward - he can do it all.

Good luck to him I say.

cheers

We must be looking for a back up to Cartman (Calthorpe) in the all round fat guy division

Might be good as a ruck bag for McKernan to get a feel for it again!

Or it could be a ploy by Pagan to help Cartman lose weight by giving him some competition in the race for the donuts!!

I can't believe the current thinking of Pagan & wonder whether big problems are heading your way. The Roos have led the way in amazing recruiting decisions in recent times
Olarenshaw- hasn't had a decent run since 1996 - top player at his best but 4 years?
Rocca- your not light on for talls but you recruit a guy who is unfit & has 3 years of struggle behind him.
Sinclair- the worst player Freo traded. Try's hard but is just a player
Now maybe O'Connor- big log can't play
add the like of Calthorpe & the natural ageing of the superstars of the last 7 years I fear you may collapse if the Greatest happens to get hurt/struggle

------------------
Goatmaster
the prime minister of the principality of Mooball

Originally posted by Gonzo:
We must be looking for a back up to Cartman (Calthorpe) in the all round fat guy division

I thought thats why North drafted ROCCA !!!!

Is Calthorpe still at North ?
God he must have photos of someone.

------------------
"Hillbillies are people too"

JubJub

We may have drafted Rocca, but at least we never drafted Brett Spinks
tongue.gif

I saw an interesting thread somewhere that suggested Pagans trying to reunite the Bombers U19 team he won the flag with back in 92. Already there are Cartman,Ricky O. Hills did a pre-season with you from memory and now the Rhino? Must have been good camarderie back in 92!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some reason, I am a little concerned.

While happy to gain Capuano, I was puzzled as to why he would be traded, leaving only McKernan and Burton as your recognised ruckman.

And now that I read Ryan O'Connor is training with the Kangaroos, it begs the question:-

How crap does your football department think Capuano is if he was to replaced by Rhino?

But that is not why I am here. I come in peace with a deal.

If you do not want a fat uncoordinated ruckman, I can offer you the next best thing.

A SKINNY uncoordinated ruckman.

Yes, Tim Elliott is for sale. I don't expect anything in return. In fact, I am willing to pay your good club to take him.

He has as much coordination as a Bob Hawke hook shot. For some reason, the Elliott criticism got so bad in the saints forum that he seems to be everyones favourite player and anyone criticising him is not a popular person.

This post gave me an excuse to criticise him. He had 4 great games last year as a replacement to Spider but has done nothing since.

So Gumby is yours. I am not sure why he was retained on our list but I will do my utmost to fix up any minor contractual issues.

wink.gif

------------------
Fortius Quo Fidelius

Sainter

Tim Elliot to North does seem to make sense. Either we get slow lardarses who have once played for Essendon, or players who used to play for Fitzroy, but who are one skill short of being a champion....Clayton can't kick, Pike couldn't abstain, Chandler couldn't run, Mellington couldn't take a contested mark....so Elliot as a ruckman who can't actually ruck AND an ex-Fitzroy player will probably pop up on the North list sometime soon.

Thanks for the tip...I'll be passing the info onto Pagan and the boys.
wink.gif

Well Well Well.

Pags is after another Keenan Reynolds, another Damian Houlihan, another Big Eric or another Nathan Bower.

Good lord where has his common sense gone, although delisting the likes of Cochrane etc, who are perennial underperformers, could be a blessing in disguise.

Ryan O'Connor - god Carey couldnt even lead him to the footy in Canberra when he was playing on him ... how on earth is he going to tell him where to go?

Keep him please, let him go play at Balwyn

Originally posted by Bloodstained Angel:
I read today that Ryan O'Connor has been invited to pre-season training with the Roos.

I guess the club is looking for a back-up ruckman / spare-parts big man / all round fat guy

I was disappointed that the Swans delisted him and I'm rapt for him that another club is interested.

What do you RooBoys think ?

Will he be useful to you - or are you guys just wasting your time ?

I rate him as a more than useful spare fat guy who can fulfill a wide variety of on-field roles, from 2nd ruckman to Backline plug to Goal-kicking forward - he can do it all.

Good luck to him I say.

cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back