• need more time but he is on his last legs

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • No he is still good

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • What? Should be signed for next year as well

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Been a great get from the pies, thought he would be a dud i have to admit, but been a consistent swan and deserved his premiership medal.

The time has come to farewell the game, hope he plays on in the reserves as a mentor but he is clearly cooked at senior afl level.

Has lost a bit of pace No longer breaks the lines much at all, Averages 3 clangers a game usually they result in opposition goals, his kicks are just high bombs

I think the more he gets off of the ball the worse off we are.

Is it time to go Rhyce?

I'd say play out the season, Crouch to move to an assistant coach and Shaw as reserves coach in 2016. Otherwise a Mattneresque mid season injury retirement to allow a rookie upgrade. (Is that how it works?)

Thought he might've retired end of last year after his knee surgery, if a coaching spot was available and if Malceski leaving didn't leave our halfback line inexperienced. We're pretty good at staggering our retirements.

Would we be having this discussion if it wasn't for his age?

I actually think he's been okay this year. He's always been one to turn the ball over by foot, but it's often from long range, clearing kicks out of defence while under a fair bit of pressure. It's not like he's constantly passing it to the opposition directly in front of goal.

I also think he still gets us out of trouble a lot more often than he gets us into it. He's still capable of providing an escape route down back finding space in traffic and rarely fumbles when picking up the ball at pace.

Still earns his spot in the side most weeks in my opinion.

If we had of won the GF last year I think he would have retired with Goodes. Its sadly looking like another OKeefe. Drop him now and bleed some kids.

Personally think he fine for this year and a general of the backline.

Hardly close to the worst performer and is actually very consistent with his output.

Definitely coming to the end but has not even vaguely even fallen off a cliff like ROK or Goodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are great at giving other clubs happy moments.

From GWS last year to the Dogs on the weekend and all the way back to Port in 2013.

Guess it means we are a good side, people celebrate the scalp big time

Don't care shits me :p

It should s**t the players

They should be pissed off they have pissed away a 5-0 start and now have so much work to do

All because of lazy s**t kicking

I just wish Jones was putting him under more pressure for his position!!!

I thought Jones would have secured Shaw's position for round one. Jones must have had an interrupted pre-season as he did not feature in the NAB cup.

Jones looked good when he deputised for Shaw last year.

I thought Harry Marsh was gone, but he is getting in the best players at reserve level and is finding his niche as a medium defender. Reserve watchers talk about his tight defending, his electric pace and ability to kick the ball a long way. Maybe he is a viable option to ad to the senior defensive mix.

Should be dropped for this week, as a club we can't tolerate that performance from anyone. Hell, if it is good enough for Goodesy to go to the NEAFL, this is a no brainer. However it is too early for retirement call right now.

Back