Speculation Rhylee West [Contracted to 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Xmc08

Debutant
Apr 19, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Clearly has what it takes at AFL level. The problem? He plays for the Bulldogs. He will have to wait for Liberatore to retire before he gets a spot in that midfield.

Can easily see him and Lipinski exploring their opportunities in the off-season. Who would be interested?

Northernsoul74

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Clearly has what it takes at AFL level. The problem? He plays for the Bulldogs. He will have to wait for Liberatore to retire before he gets a spot in that midfield.

Can easily see him and Lipinski exploring their opportunities in the off-season. Who would be interested?
I think plenty of teams would be interested in both. West is our natural Libba replacement but I doubt he waits that long.

THE_GUN

R.I.P Shane Tuck 21
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I can honestly say i have never seen him play a AFL game and not sure how good he is at the level

But surprised he has not been given more games since being drafted to get a good look before trading him

Northernsoul74

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I can honestly say i have never seen him play a AFL game and not sure how good he is at the level

But surprised he has not been given more games since being drafted to get a good look before trading him
His few opportunities have been as a small forward.

Mofra

Dec 6, 2005
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, The Exers
I think plenty of teams would be interested in both. West is our natural Libba replacement but I doubt he waits that long.
I love Libba, but West can also play a role forward better than he can. I'd have West playing seniors now.
I really want us to keep Rhylee.

David_Full

All Australian
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
West would be best 22 in most teams imo he probably should be Dogs side.
Don't get how they picking Lin Jong over him.

I think Beveridge is one of those coaches that likes to make his young players earn a spot 10x over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HTPunter

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wouldn't read too much into the Friday game. Awful performance on his behalf but 20 years old, 8th (actual) game, against a side that has won 3 of the last 4 flags and playing a difficult small forward role.

I'd be very interested in North asking the question.

Remove this Banner Ad