Recommitted Rhylee West [contracted and staying at Western Bulldogs]

Remove this Banner Ad

Xmc08

Debutant
Apr 19, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Clearly has what it takes at AFL level. The problem? He plays for the Bulldogs. He will have to wait for Liberatore to retire before he gets a spot in that midfield.

Can easily see him and Lipinski exploring their opportunities in the off-season. Who would be interested?

Clearly has what it takes at AFL level. The problem? He plays for the Bulldogs. He will have to wait for Liberatore to retire before he gets a spot in that midfield.

Can easily see him and Lipinski exploring their opportunities in the off-season. Who would be interested?
I think plenty of teams would be interested in both. West is our natural Libba replacement but I doubt he waits that long.

I can honestly say i have never seen him play a AFL game and not sure how good he is at the level

But surprised he has not been given more games since being drafted to get a good look before trading him

I think plenty of teams would be interested in both. West is our natural Libba replacement but I doubt he waits that long.
I love Libba, but West can also play a role forward better than he can. I'd have West playing seniors now.
I really want us to keep Rhylee.

Has a bit of the Tom Mitchell @ swans feel about it. Famous name can't crack into an elite midfield.

Mitchell, JPK, West.

Someone is going to get a bargain if he leaves.

West would be best 22 in most teams imo he probably should be Dogs side.
Don't get how they picking Lin Jong over him.

I think Beveridge is one of those coaches that likes to make his young players earn a spot 10x over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't read too much into the Friday game. Awful performance on his behalf but 20 years old, 8th (actual) game, against a side that has won 3 of the last 4 flags and playing a difficult small forward role.

I'd be very interested in North asking the question.

So there are rumours Essendon is sniffing around. Contracted, but only a handful of games in (edit) three years and only one full game this year. Medical sub a number of times.

What would he cost?

Last edited:
So there are rumours Essendon is sniffing around. Contracted, but only a handful of games in four years and only one full game this year. Medical sub a number of times.

What would he cost?
Probably points in line with a later 2nd rounder. If we're certain Dunkley will stay I think we'd at least listen to offers.

I know he's contracted, but for a guy with a handful of games in (edited) 3 years and not close to your best 22, surely he'd be cheaper than a second rounder? Even a late one.

I mean, on the Essendon board we're all sure if Francis left we'd only get a third, and he was selected for almost every game he was available (and is also contracted).

Last edited:
M
I know he's contracted, but for a guy with a handful of games in 4 years and not close to your best 22, surely he'd be cheaper than a second rounder? Even a late one.

I mean, on the Essendon board we're all sure if Francis left we'd only get a third, and he was selected for almost every game he was available (and is also contracted).
Minor clarification, but he's been on a list 3 years. Only just turned 21.

I know he's contracted, but for a guy with a handful of games in (edited) 3 years and not close to your best 22, surely he'd be cheaper than a second rounder? Even a late one.

Yeah but Francis has been on a list 6 years now, I think most would agree he is what he is for the most part.

Hard to see any reason for the Dogs to love West on for anything less. Maybe if they are really desperate for points it could work?

Where does he fit in at Essendon?
The midfield seemed to be going pretty well even before Shiel came back from injury.
Do you think he's a mid/forward type?

Where does he fit in at Essendon?
The midfield seemed to be going pretty well even before Shiel came back from injury.
Do you think he's a mid/forward type?
Would probably have to get in the queue for the midfield. We have a need for small forwards and were reportedly interested in Malcolm Rosas so I'd say it's more in that vein.

I would expect him to fall into the same category as those 'blue collar' wing/small forward/team defence/pressure acts roles that gets the occasional CBA – which are generally held by Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Devon Smith, Will Snelling, Brayden Ham, Matt Guelfi*, David Zaharakis (del/ret).

*Guelfi is a utility that also sometimes plays as a small defender, if I don't mention that I'm sure someone will point it out.

M

Minor clarification, but he's been on a list 3 years. Only just turned 21.
That does change things in my mind, putting him closer to the original cost and being more forgiving of less gametime to date. In that case a late second sounds more right.

At that cost, I'd probably pass (as we only have late thirds, and lots of F/S options in 2022).

Last edited:
Mate of mine is a development coach for the Suns and reckons the Tigers are into Rhylee, not saying it will happen but have asked the question.

Doggies fans know anything? Could he play a role for us?

Someone's posted a similar thing on our board. I rate him but he tends to do some selfish things and looses his spot. Dominates in the VFL midfield and goes forward to kick some nice goals there as well but not given a proper chance at AFL level. I think whether or not he leaves depends on his exit meeting and if he thinks he's a chance to get a look next year somehow.

Someone's posted a similar thing on our board. I rate him but he tends to do some selfish things and looses his spot. Dominates in the VFL midfield and goes forward to kick some nice goals there as well but not given a proper chance at AFL level. I think whether or not he leaves depends on his exit meeting and if he thinks he's a chance to get a look next year somehow.
I remember watching him this year and really noticed the selfish stuff to I put it down to a guy who really wanted to be in the team so was try too hard, rather than really selfish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back