Past Rhys Palmer

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. The NEAFL also is not a great place to develop players either. No wonder he stagnated.

The problem with the NEAFL is that it's miles behind AFL standard, so when these guys get a chance, it's takes 2-3 games to adjust to the pace, even if you are good enough. Palmer had an absolute mare in the prelim but I reckon this is most of the explanation for that. He's still AFL standard

Fills a place on our list while we're rebuilding, so not a big drama that we brought him in. Handy around goals and an elite runner so I'd see him fighting for a spot with Kerridge, Armfield, Boeky or Buckley

has armfield been offered another year? my gut feel is he may go now that we have brought in smedts palmer etc. id upgrade byrne & sheehan

Palmer would walk up to the 22 in most sides. He adds depth and I miles ahead of Graham etc. Happy to have him along for th ride
Perhaps most is pushing it, but certainly a decent percentage. Expect a few of the naysayers on here will be eating their words, ala Matty Wright.
Likely best 22 spot his to lose.

For him to provide the chop out, he needs to get a game. Lacks leg speed so I can see him primarily in the 2s as cover.
Dunno, he's decently clever and gets around as he needs to. A bit like Brock McLean where his footy brain makes up for raw leg speed for the most part, though thankfully not quite as slow as Brock (I think).

Dunno, he's decently clever and gets around as he needs to. A bit like Brock McLean where his footy brain makes up for raw leg speed for the most part, though thankfully not quite as slow as Brock (I think).

But can he launch a.massive torp from 50 metres out that bounces 15 metres to sink the tigers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Desperately wanted him in his draft year, was spewing when we didnt take him and was even darker when he went on to dominate in his 1st year.

Then he became a total spud, noteable only for breaking Barlows leg. Couldnt understand why GWS went after him in the first place.

For pick 135 or whatever we paid I'm OK with it. Provides some outside run for Cripps, even if he is a turnover merchant.

Might be handy for a year or two.

Desperately wanted him in his draft year, was spewing when we didnt take him and was even darker when he went on to dominate in his 1st year.

Then he became a total spud, noteable only for breaking Barlows leg. Couldnt understand why GWS went after him in the first place.

For pick 135 or whatever we paid I'm OK with it. Provides some outside run for Cripps, even if he is a turnover merchant.

Might be handy for a year or two.
I remember hughes saying he would of taken palmer at 3 if we didnt trade it in the judd deal...

Barlow is interesting maybe, worth a shot as a dfa?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back