Toast Rhys Stanley

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonna put my hand up and say well done to Rhys. Fantastic what some consistent good health can do for him. Was coming good before that freakish foot injury and has gone right on with it. Almost like another midfielder when his confidence is up and he’s having a crack

Never really has been. For years he has sprayed the odd one badly. Just seems to be a bit worse lately.

Wonder if in part it is a kicking when fatigued issue? He has probably never run and been as physically invoked and bashed about for long periods as he is at the moment. He may well be stuffed so making more basic errors kicking. I think he will get through it.

Wonder if in part it is a kicking when fatigued issue? He has probably never run and been as physically invoked and bashed about for long periods as he is at the moment. He may well be stuffed so making more basic errors kicking. I think he will get through it.
Probably just a mental thing.

Probably just a mental thing.

Mental definitely i'd say.

His field kicking is fine, if anything pretty good for a ruckman.

It's just the set shots he shanks

Or is it because neither of them have attended goal kick school. I like Rhys' kicking in general. He can execute a fast low 30 metre pass regularly and his long kicking is really penetrating, maybe the longest of our squad.
And it's such a shame. If he'd kicked those two sausage rolls on the weekend, he would have had a legitimate case for BOG. It's like he puts on a StKilda jumper, just to kick for goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know its a love fest and it well deserved ..but his kicking seems to have gone in the opposite direction to his ruck form..never looks like a secure kick for goal now..

It's just another example of his improved consistency.
He used kick a few good ones and a few bad ones, now they're all bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back