Movie Rian Johnson Star Wars Trilogy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm yes, stand alone films with no force sensitive characters but an entire trilogy could be pushing it.

It also says to me it must be post rise of the emperor for no Jedi.

Sent from mTalk

I get the impression that Disney were like "We gave fans what they wanted with TFA now lets go in a diffrent direction"

All this has done is burnt the hardcore fans who were there from the start and shat on the legacy that Lucas built.
Those hardcore fans aren't going anywhere.

Anyway, the Star Wars universe is vast and has plenty of potential without including Force users in any prominent role. That said, I'm sure the shadow of the Jedi will hang over the story in some way.

Anyway, the Star Wars universe is vast and has plenty of potential without including Force users in any prominent role. That said, I'm sure the shadow of the Jedi will hang over the story in some way.

I'm fine for Disney to expand the universe but don't win the fans back with the success of TFA and then insult them with TLJ.

To me TLJ would have made more sense if it was episode 9 could have ended the trilogy with Luke dying with then Rey starting a new Jedi Order.

Last edited:

I've seen a few posts on twitter, etc. Saying that RJ's new SW trilogy WILL NOT contain any Jedi or Sith.

I can't confirm if this is true or not but I've seen the same statements from several different places/people.

IMO, if this is true, this is a poor desicion as the Force is the most important aspect in all of SW and there wouldnt much else that you could make 3 movies about.

Without a Jedi, it’s not Star Wars.

On the bright side, it might stop RJ from ruining then Jedi anymore.

YVhong vs Chiss?

T Zahn!? Maybe it won’t be a bag of s**t.

All I remember Disney saying is it'll be set in an unseen part of the galaxy and the characters won't be related to the old ones. Nothing about nobody twirling lightsabers and using the force.

All I remember Disney saying is it'll be set in an unseen part of the galaxy and the characters won't be related to the old ones. Nothing about nobody twirling lightsabers and using the force.

So a generic sci fi film might as well not call it Star Wars if there will be no Jedis,Siths,lightsabers,the Force etc,etc

Last edited:

Rubbish, no Jedi and/or Sith and it may as well not be Star Wars. It's just a Sci-Fi movie at that point. It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson does it, he seems to have a hatred for the history of Star Wars. No Jedi/Sith or the force means I won't see it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rubbish, no Jedi and/or Sith and it may as well not be Star Wars. It's just a Sci-Fi movie at that point. It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson does it, he seems to have a hatred for the history of Star Wars. No Jedi/Sith or the force means I won't see it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I agree, no jedi or Sith makes me lose interest. It's why darth vaders part in Rogue one is so great.

But I already lost interest after TLJ so he can do what lever he wants, I'm not going to watch it.

So, if Solo doesn't have Force users in it, it's not a Star Wars movie? It's a pretty limited writer that can't make an interesting Star Wars movie without having it be all about the Force. As I said, the Jedi/Force can still hang over things, it's still the foundation of the setting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. So, if Solo doesn't have Force users in it, it's not a Star Wars movie? It's a pretty limited writer that can't make an interesting Star Wars movie without having it be all about the Force. As I said, the Jedi/Force can still hang over things, it's still the foundation of the setting.

s**t comparison; Solo is one of the core characters of the trilogy.

So, what if RJ's trilogy is a Rogue Squadron movie with no Force users? The point is, you could make a Star Wars movie without the Force being a central feature. Easily.
The point is if the new trilogy doesn’t involve force users it can’t really be a Star war Film

Solo and Rogue still uses the events and characters involved in the original Star wars universe.

I can’t see how a non force using film could be anything other than a generic sci fi film.

The point is if the new trilogy doesn’t involve force users it can’t really be a Star war Film

Solo and Rogue still uses the events and characters involved in the original Star wars universe.

I can’t see how a non force using film could be anything other than a generic sci fi film.
So, just to clarify, you absolutely could make a Star Wars movie without the Force, provided it involves some of the central tenets of Star Wars (say, Rogue Squadron, the Empire, etc)? Good chat.

So, just to clarify, you absolutely could make a Star Wars movie without the Force, provided it involves some of the central tenets of Star Wars (say, Rogue Squadron, the Empire, etc)? Good chat.
What film hasn’t used the force in some way with their storyline? Can’t recall any of them not involving the force.

Point is that if the rumoured RJ trilogy is not associated at all with the original universe I cant see how it can be called Star Wars ..UNLESS it involves the force and force users

What film hasn’t used the force in some way with their storyline?

Can’t recall any of them not involving the force.
Thus far? None, though Rogue One didn't use it much and Solo may not use it all. Point is, I'd accept a movie based on Rogue Squadron, Battlefront, or a film from the point of view of the Empire, none of which need the Force. A movie doesn't have to feature the Force to be a Star Wars movie.

Thus far? None, though Rogue One didn't use it much and Solo may not use it all. Point is, I'd accept a movie based on Rogue Squadron, Battlefront, or a film from the point of view of the Empire, none of which need the Force. A movie doesn't have to feature the Force to be a Star Wars movie.

Rouge had the blind force user and multiple acknowledgments of the force...and ******* Vader cutting sick ( hardly not much :rolleyes:)

And I’ll state again it will require featuring the force to be a Star Wars film, otherwise it isn’t connected to the lore and universe of Star Wars

Rouge had the blind force user and multiple acknowledgments of the force...and ******* Vader cutting sick ( hardly not much :rolleyes:)

And I’ll state again it will require featuring the force to be a Star Wars film, otherwise it isn’t connected to the lore and universe of Star Wars
He wasn't a Force user, he was a believer.

And you appear confused; if it doesn't feature the Force it's not a Star Wars movie, but if Solo doesn't feature the Force it's a Star Wars movie because it has Han Solo.

He wasn't a Force user, he was a believer.

And you appear confused; if it doesn't feature the Force it's not a Star Wars movie, but if Solo doesn't feature the Force it's a Star Wars movie because it has Han Solo.

Forgetting Vader and multiple force references within the film in Rogue?

I’m pretty certain that Solo will feature the force in some way with references or force users, and you’re missing the point I have made that these films are still existing within the original universe

RJ trilogy will not

His trilogy will reside in a seperate universe , so for it to be a Star Wars film it will need to establish that the force also exists in that corner of the universe to be a Star Wars film...otherwise it’ll have no link to the Star Wars lore which has been all about the Force and turmoil in the known galaxy.

That’s my point

His trilogy will reside in a seperate universe , so for it to be a Star Wars film it will need to establish that the force also exists in that corner of the universe to be a Star Wars film...otherwise it’ll have no link to the Star Wars lore which has been all about the Force and turmoil in the known galaxy.

That’s my point
It had better reside in the same damn galaxy (though far, far away) or I'll be pissed :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back