Ricciardo to make Formula 1 debut at Silverstone July 10, 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

A very smart move by Red Bull IMO, and a move that adds to the rumour that Ricciardo was going to replace Alguersuari at Silverstone. That was until Alguersuari had consecutive 8th places at Canada and Valencia.

Given hgis recent form it would have been a very harsh move to replace Alguersuari, and now Ricciardo can get a few full race weekends under his belt before a full time drive in 2012 with Toro Rosso.

To be fair I'd be working my arse off if it meant getting Narain Karthikeyan the hell away from my team.

He is still contracted to race at the Indian GP.

Whose seat he takes will probably depend on Ricciardo's performances b/w now and then, and how much money RBR has given HRT

340483-ricciardo-reserves-f1-role.jpg

If you can claim Ricciardo, we can claim Valentino Rossi.

He's about as Aussie as Ricciardo is Italian.

Well opinions vary. the name and heritage should be a hint.
You dont have a problem claiming former eastern european athletes, ex chinese coaches, foreign athletes who date Aussie athletes.

Stop being racist Frankster.

This isn't the place for it.

Nobody wants Aussie local soccer teams named Italy and Greece. This is Australia. Cut the crap.

racist? where did you get racist from?
And yes people do want their traditional football teams back, would be a lot better and have more football culture than the wanky yank like franchises we have now.

Stop with the borg mentality, not everyone wants to follow epl clubs, people like to hold on to their heritage.
You cant have everyone the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to Ricciardo, hope he goes well. Seemed to be as quick if not quicker than the Torro Rosso boys in P1's so hopefully he is quicker than his teammate here.

But you make it out like he is an Italian who was raised in Australia, not an Australian with Italian heritage.

Either or.
Under Italian law he can get Italian citizenship, so i hope he chooses Italy.
and thats that.

Why is there a different set of rules for different cultures? sheesh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back