Ricciardo to Red Bull

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone shut the * up. Got this ripper quote about Danny (suck it Frankster).

"The basic speed, Red Bull insist, is not in doubt. Horner mentioned to 5 live that one of the determining factors in Ricciardo's appointment was what he described as a "really impressive" test for the team at Silverstone in July.
He did not go into detail, but privately Red Bull insiders have. This writer has been briefed that in a car of comparative specification - same fuel load, tyres, etc - and in similar conditions (albeit on a different day), Ricciardo was 0.2 seconds faster than Vettel at that test.
It seems fair to assume that Red Bull do not expect that to happen when they are team-mates next year - not unless they want to provoke some sort of meltdown inside the team. And the evidence of the last few years is that they do not."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23960315

No wonder why he was given the gig. That's brilliant.

Everyone shut the **** up. Got this ripper quote about Danny (suck it Frankster).

"The basic speed, Red Bull insist, is not in doubt. Horner mentioned to 5 live that one of the determining factors in Ricciardo's appointment was what he described as a "really impressive" test for the team at Silverstone in July.
He did not go into detail, but privately Red Bull insiders have. This writer has been briefed that in a car of comparative specification - same fuel load, tyres, etc - and in similar conditions (albeit on a different day), Ricciardo was 0.2 seconds faster than Vettel at that test.
It seems fair to assume that Red Bull do not expect that to happen when they are team-mates next year - not unless they want to provoke some sort of meltdown inside the team. And the evidence of the last few years is that they do not."
No wonder why he was given the gig. That's incredible.

An essinjection fan telling people to suck it.... you wouldnt read about it...
Great it shows theres some talent
To be quick over one lap or on different days with ideal conditions. Kobiyashi and Perez can be the same.
But how is his racecraft? Hasnt been that impressive as of yet...... maybe that will change.

An essinjection fan telling people to suck it.... you wouldnt read about it...
Great, it shows theres some talent to be quick over one lap or on different days with ideal conditions. Kobiyashi and Perez can be the same.
But how is his racecraft? Hasnt been that impressive as of yet...... maybe that will change.

Last I read we're on the F1 part of the forum, but it's not like Carlton supporters have a foot to stand on when it comes to moral high grounds is it? But we shall leave that for another day, hey?

I think his racecraft is where it should be for a young driver. Yes there's inconsistency and he'll probably make a few mistakes first up, but he's young. Vettel was young and inconsistent too (remember 2009/10 anyone?). I think his drive into the points from the back of the grid showed he has potential. He has shown a number of times he's been able to go wheel to wheel and even overtake drivers such as Alonso, Webber and Schumacher (last year), and he seems to know when to pull out of a scrap before it turns nasty (I don't think he's actually crashed out of a race as a result of his own error yet has he?). I look forward to seeing how he goes next season.

Last I read we're on the F1 part of the forum, but it's not like Carlton supporters have a foot to stand on when it comes to moral high grounds is it? But we shall leave that for another day, hey?

I think his racecraft is where it should be for a young driver. Yes there's inconsistency and he'll probably make a few mistakes first up, but he's young. Vettel was young and inconsistent too (remember 2009/10 anyone?). I think his drive into the points from the back of the grid showed he has potential. He has shown a number of times he's been able to go wheel to wheel and even overtake drivers such as Alonso, and he seems to know when to pull out of a scrap before it turns nasty (I don't think he's actually crashed out of a race as a result of his own error yet has he?). I look forward to seeing how he goes next season.

Not that i could care less about alf at all.
But you are right, he has shown glimpses of speed and potential.

Brazils economy is...... growing.
So what where he was born and raised, you see in football first and second gen Aussie/Euros or from south america or north america choosing to play for the country of their blood.

Why should I leave, its a forum. Ill support the teams i support..

But Brazil's economy is not and never has been as vibrant or as strong as those of many other nations. You still have not backed up your claim that Brazil is benefiting as a sporting nation in any way shape or form. Indeed, you've contradicted yourself. To begin with, you alluded that Brazil was paying off organisations like FIFA to boost their chances in major tournaments. When I pointed out that Brazil are hardly in a position to do so, you changed your tune- suddenly Brazil enjoy a sympathy vote.

As for Danny and Mark- so you don't think that where you spend your formative years is of any importance then? I am English, but if I'd moved out to Australia (or indeed any country) at a young age and actually grown up there, gone to school there, fell in love there- do you not think this should have some bearing on a person's national and cultural identity?

Your football analogy is narrow-minded- for every player choosing to represent a nation buried deep within their blood, there are plenty who are proud to represent the country they have grown up in, regardless of where they were born or what nationality their parents hold.

Finally, I am not saying you should leave- I am pointing out that criticising Australians for following Australian sportsmen on an Australian board is suggestive that you have come to the wrong place if you're looking for people to agree with or sympathise with your arguments.

Everyone shut the **** up. Got this ripper quote about Danny (suck it Frankster).

I remember the post-season test at Abu Dhabi in 2010 where ADR got a chance in the RBR6 (I think) and blitzed the timesheets.

Danial son has had some really good periods racing clean with a lotus and a Mercedes trying to get past him, on more than one occasion..

Ricciardo was 0.2 seconds faster than Vettel at that test.

Is it really that big of a deal? A test session where everything is on the line for Ricciardo and nothing at stake for Vettel? It's about doing it under pressure.

It's a point I was trying to make earlier about Ricciardo getting a podium or better than expected result.

But...But...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lets just stop quoting frankster777. Been a while since i used the ignore button function, lets reacquaint ourselves.

Back on topic - hope Ricciardo gets a decent opportunity at Red Bull and we dont see the favouritism issues to the same extent that we saw with Vettel over webber. So excited for the 1st race of the 2014 season now :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back