Ricciardo to Red Bull

Remove this Banner Ad

People are allowed to support individuals as F1 is an individual sport. Sure, drivers do drive for teams, however most people will remember the champions, not necessarily the teams. If one driver wins the championship, the other member of the team does not win it too.

People are allowed to support individuals as F1 is an individual sport. Sure, drivers do drive for teams, however most people will remember the champions, not necessarily the teams. If one driver wins the championship, the other member of the team does not win it too.

Only because now, the great marques have pretty much all left, only Ferrari and Mercedes are there.
others just choose to be engine suppliers, cheaper that way.

Simple, marky is anglo so will always get more chances.
Danny isnt, so if he farks up you will hear should have given the drive to a "real" aussie.

oh and i mean the first part, but i detest how some champions are disliked because of where they a from and some are loved.
If Senna had been from germany, Italy or france would there be this gigantic sympathy industry?
Methinks not.

How is Mark 'Anglo'? He's no more so than Danny is- both of them identify as being Australian.

And do you consider the opposite- would you hate Senna so much if he'd been Italian, or German, or Spanish, or from anywhere other than Brazil? Do you think Schmacher is hated in some quarters simply because he's German? Or have you considered that things are more complicated than that- there's a ton of respect out there for Alonso and when I was at the British GP earlier this year the fans were genuinely happy for Rosberg- a German winner in a German car was applauded by English fans. It has less to do with nationality and more to do with personality.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that Piquet is not remembered in the same way as Senna, even though he won just as many championships- he is not nearly as admired, even in Brazil.

How is Mark 'Anglo'? He's no more so than Danny is- both of them identify as being Australian.

And do you consider the opposite- would you hate Senna so much if he'd been Italian, or German, or Spanish, or from anywhere other than Brazil? Do you think Schmacher is hated in some quarters simply because he's German? Or have you considered that things are more complicated than that- there's a ton of respect out there for Alonso and when I was at the British GP earlier this year the fans were genuinely happy for Rosberg- a German winner in a German car was applauded by English fans. It has less to do with nationality and more to do with personality.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that Piquet is not remembered in the same way as Senna, even though he won just as many championships- he is not nearly as admired, even in Brazil.

No, i hate Bazil as a sporting nation full stop.
the soft fluffy creatures of the sporting world, who everyone feels sorry for and gives everything to on silver platter.

I have notice that too, Ferrari has heaps of Brit fans, but come to Aus, they are evil personified.... odd.

Piquet should be respected as much as Senna, its only that he was more of a schemer and politician and not just a hard charger. Oh and being alive might have something to do with it.

No, i hate Bazil as a sporting nation full stop.
the soft fluffy creatures of the sporting world, who everyone feels sorry for and gives everything to on silver platter.

I have notice that too, Ferrari has heaps of Brit fans, but come to Aus, they are evil personified.... odd.

Piquet should be respected as much as Senna, its only that he was more of a schemer and politician and not just a hard charger. Oh and being alive might have something to do with it.

I would love to know why you think Brazil apparently gets things so easy.

I'd also like to know why you think there's an attitude against Ferrari fans.

And had Senna lived, it's almost certain he'd have taken more titles- thus eclipsing Piquet (as it is, he won more races, took more poles and more fastest laps, over a shorter career- that might have something to do with it).

I would love to know why you think Brazil apparently gets things so easy.

I'd also like to know why you think there's an attitude against Ferrari fans.

And had Senna lived, it's almost certain he'd have taken more titles- thus eclipsing Piquet (as it is, he won more races, took more poles and more fastest laps, over a shorter career- that might have something to do with it).

Look at the world cup, they almost give brazil the cup before the tournament starts.
Theres an attitude against the Fazz team in Aus, maybe its cos of the media we get, who knows.

Both were rich kids who won championships in big spending teams.
Piquet in 83 was great to watch i have to admit.

You are supposed to follow teams.... loose twat.

Funny as soon as he makes a mistake or if he doesnt perform youll turn on him an he will be a wog.
Thats how you lot are, no matter how much you try to assimilate.

Ahh, here's the racism coming from you yet again.

You already let it slip that you hate Ricciardo because he identifies and pronounces his name in an Australian manner, now this post as well.

Disgraceful.

Ahh, here's the racism coming from you yet again.

You already let it slip that you hate Ricciardo because he identifies and pronounces his name in an Australian manner, now this post as well.

Disgraceful.

Hey the truth is the truth, no matter how Aus thinks itself a perfect society.

Hey the truth is the truth, no matter how Aus thinks itself a perfect society.
Worry about your alf club instead.

alf.jpeg

Look at the world cup, they almost give brazil the cup before the tournament starts.
Theres an attitude against the Fazz team in Aus, maybe its cos of the media we get, who knows.

Both were rich kids who won championships in big spending teams.
Piquet in 83 was great to watch i have to admit.

Where's your evidence to suggest Brazil actually have it easier at World Cups? It's true they are often among the favourites to win it, but that's because they're historically the most successful nation and therefore have a lot of expectation about them. This does not mean they are receiving extra help from anywhere toward winning.

Where's the evidence that there's an attitude toward Ferrari? And your comparison of Piquet and Senna is far too simplistic. Are you implying that you hate Piquet for the same reas uou hate Senna- because he's Brazilian?

Where's your evidence to suggest Brazil actually have it easier at World Cups?
1970. Italy had one day less rest than Brazil, in the scorching heat in Mexico, having to play extra time as well. They should've set the game back two weeks with that knowledge. It was all managed to make Italy lose.

Heaviest defeat in a WC final too.

Come to think of it, they have the heaviest loss in a Euro Cup final too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's your evidence to suggest Brazil actually have it easier at World Cups? It's true they are often among the favourites to win it, but that's because they're historically the most successful nation and therefore have a lot of expectation about them. This does not mean they are receiving extra help from anywhere toward winning.

Where's the evidence that there's an attitude toward Ferrari? And your comparison of Piquet and Senna is far too simplistic. Are you implying that you hate Piquet for the same reas uou hate Senna- because he's Brazilian?

Oh come on, every country, even Aus, complains that brazil gets every call in their favour, Blatters pets.
Hopefully they will go out in the first round at home..... would be poetic justice.

I dont hate Piquet at all, he was actually a skillful champion.

Oh come on, every country, even Aus, complains that brazil gets every call in their favour, Blatters pets.
Hopefully they will go out in the first round at home..... would be poetic justice.

I dont hate Piquet at all, he was actually a skillful champion.

So what if other countries complain? First of all, do you have any evidence to suggest these complaints are as widespread as you claim? Secondly, do you have any actual tangible evidence to suggest FIFA or anyone else works things in Brazil's favour?

So what if other countries complain? First of all, do you have any evidence to suggest these complaints are as widespread as you claim? Secondly, do you have any actual tangible evidence to suggest FIFA or anyone else works things in Brazil's favour?

Money talks, if brazil went out early, how many bandwagonners would stop watching?

Money does indeed talk. Some crazy stuff I've read about Italy. They're champions at it. That's how Italy won the 1934 and 38 World cup finals and 36 Olympics. Mussolini paying off refs. Some very favourable refereeing at the 1968 Euro Cup final finally gave them victory as well, when they needed a replay to overcome Yugoslavia.

Money does indeed talk. Some crazy stuff I've read about Italy. They're champions at it. That's how Italy won the 1934 and 38 World cup finals and 36 Olympics. Mussolini paying off refs. Some very favourable refereeing at the 1968 Euro Cup final finally gave them victory as well, when they needed a replay to overcome Yugoslavia.

Guess the oh so noble and would never cheat at anything Aussies are finally catching up huh.... allegedly.
Cant bury heads in the sand anymore.

Great news to hear.

Funny, thats not how i remember F1 history...
At least call the guy Ricciardo, big tough bogany alf loving blokes saying our danny and the like is a tad cringe worthy.

Drivers are important and deserve recognition sure.
Like i said.... wait and see if he doesnt perform or is worse than webber how quickly he will be turned on.

And for these comments I think I'll start calling him Our Danny. Or Australia's Danny Boy. ADB? Or ADR. I'm sure something will stick that will infuriate you.

Let people support F1 the way they want to.

Great news to hear.

And for these comments I think I'll start calling him Our Danny. Or Australia's Danny Boy. ADB? Or ADR. I'm sure something will stick that will infuriate you.

Let people support F1 the way they want to.

Sure your noodle. So when some dont support plastic aussies or wish them well, thats ok too then.

Money talks, if brazil went out early, how many bandwagonners would stop watching?

So you allude to the idea that an impoverished country is paying off FIFA officials to bolster their chances of winning a sports tournament... but can't offer any tangible evidence to support this idea. Noted.

Are you trying to imply that Mark Webber is a plastic Australian? He was born and raised in Australia. He went to school in Australia. If he does not live there now it is more likely to do with how it's easier to be based in Europe as an F1 driver than anywhere else. Daniel Riccardo was also born and raised in Australia.

So you allude to the idea that an impoverished country is paying off FIFA officials to bolster their chances of winning a sports tournament... but can't offer any tangible evidence to support this idea. Noted.

Are you trying to imply that Mark Webber is a plastic Australian? He was born and raised in Australia. He went to school in Australia. If he does not live there now it is more likely to do with how it's easier to be based in Europe as an F1 driver than anywhere else. Daniel Riccardo was also born and raised in Australia.

Impoverished? Brazil is one of the economies growing, they have recent oil discoveries.
I think what you alluded too in the past is why they got everything handed to them. awwww they had nothing, lets give them sporting glory.

Well technically all euro Aussied are plastic aussies really.
But at least webber is an anglo. Ricciardo should have been chased up by the italian authorities and italian motorsport fans, as he has the blood.

As slavs and Greeks and other countries in Europe do when someone with their blood shows promise.

Impoverished? Brazil is one of the economies growing, they have recent oil discoveries.
I think what you alluded too in the past is why they got everything handed to them. awwww they had nothing, lets give them sporting glory.

Well technically all euro Aussied are plastic aussies really.
But at least webber is an anglo. Ricciardo should have been chased up by the italian authorities and italian motorsport fans, as he has the blood.

As slavs and Greeks and other countries in Europe do when someone with their blood shows promise.

Brazil is hardly an economic super-power and never has been. So to suggest they got a pity vote (again, no evidence presented on your part, just vague accusations driven by hate) is ludicrous.

Saying European-based Australians are 'plastic' is like saying Australian-based Italians are 'plastic'- again, ludicrous. Webber lives in Europe for his job. He identifies as Australian because that is where he was born and raised, and it's the same with Riccardo. Riccardo's father moved to Australia at the age of 6 and thus spent his formative years there. Riccardo's mother was born in Australia. So he has every reason to regard himself as a proud Australian. If you don't like Australians supporting Australian sportsmen and women then perhaps this is not the board for you?

Brazil is hardly an economic super-power and never has been. So to suggest they got a pity vote (again, no evidence presented on your part, just vague accusations driven by hate) is ludicrous.

Saying European-based Australians are 'plastic' is like saying Australian-based Italians are 'plastic'- again, ludicrous. Webber lives in Europe for his job. He identifies as Australian because that is where he was born and raised, and it's the same with Riccardo. Riccardo's father moved to Australia at the age of 6 and thus spent his formative years there. Riccardo's mother was born in Australia. So he has every reason to regard himself as a proud Australian. If you don't like Australians supporting Australian sportsmen and women then perhaps this is not the board for you?

Brazils economy is...... growing.
So what where he was born and raised, you see in football first and second gen Aussie/Euros or from south america or north america choosing to play for the country of their blood.

Why should I leave, its a forum. Ill support the teams i support..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back