Remove this Banner Ad

Sprout

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 6, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, The Exers
What's the general consensus on his commentary?

Personally I think he's pretty painful. and typical of the recent trend in thinking that great players must make great commentators. He may have some useful insights but he's hopeless at expressing them when put on the spot.

Important rule of thumb: Any player over 6' is "the big fella".

What's the general consensus on his commentary?

Personally I think he's pretty painful. and typical of the recent trend in thinking that great players must make great commentators. He may have some useful insights but he's hopeless at expressing them when put on the spot.

Important rule of thumb: Any player over 6' is "the big fella".
Better than 'Huddo', Eddie, Deeerwayne, Jakovich, King and others. At least he tells it like it is.

He's not a smart man. In one of the NAB round 1 games he was going on about how it would be nice for team A to win to avoid playing at whoop whoop the next week. I can't believe that he was unaware that every team's NAB games, except for the final week, are scheduled months in advance. He also said something else of equal stupidity which I can't remember.

******* LOL at the suggestion he is better than Huddo, and to a lesser extent, King.

Take the blinkers off.

Really he shouldnt even be compared to Huddo, Eddie and DerWayne as they're all play by play callers. Compare him to Dunstall, King, Dermie etc and i dont think he's that bad. (except for his voice).

Personally i find King the most annoying of the analysis guys because he just finds a stat or a trend and hammers it home like it applies in every instance. Last years Recipe for Success was a classic. i mean really, who'd have though if you win the ball more, use it better and tackle better than the other team you'd win:rolleyes:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't mind him, has great insight you don't hear from the other guys like Frawley, Shaw, Healey or Dunstall who seem to wait for the replays 20 seconds later before giving their special comments whereas Ricciuto has a laid back and very natural approach.

Much rather him than any of the others.

you also get the feeling he'd tell the producers to * off if they asked him to change his style a little.

Does anyone enjoy this buffoon's boundary riding special comments?
his player interviews during the break are always:
- "jeez you had *insert stat line* ya must be happy with that"
- "what did big *insert coach name-y* have to say at quarter/half time?"

Not to mention a face like a drop pie and a voice that well, I don't even know how to describe it. Displays little to no semblance of intelligence.
To make matters worse he's also a "journalist" that blatantly just makes garbage up to suit his position as a Board member of AFC.

I'd take daisy pearce as a boundary rider over him any day, and she isn't very good at all.

Worst of the bunch IMO.

ricciuto was such a superstar he deserves to be in media and is great for adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back