Toast Richard Douglas 200 games

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember Rowie declaring that Dougie would be better than Bryce Gibbs when we missed out on drafting Gibbs as a father-son, I think Rowie had a bit to do with them both in the SANFL at Glenelg. in 2010 it looked like he might be right, in 2017 if he keeps up his form he could make up for missing out on Bryce.

Congrats to Dougy on 200 games

His best games have been when he plays midfield so hopefuly he will play mid this weekend

Been in great form, against the suns he should have a cracker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Richie. Like many I liked his early stuff and became concerned the game had passed him by. Has grabbed the game by the scrotum again and I hope to see him get to 250

Pretty sure the game grabbed him by the scrotum either last year or the year before!

Who did I have the epic on-going argument with about whether Douglas was better than Brett James? Circa 2012ish? Was it you feenix67 ?

I'm claiming victory in any event.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-you-can-join-him.817402/page-8#post-20878639

Found it. Thoughts Slippery Pete ? ;)
Jeez throw me under the bus why don't you.. I actually supported you in that argument! :p

It's funny looking back at old threads, I got slammed by an epic Wood_Duck take down on that thread. We were an angry bunch back then :)

Jeez throw me under the bus why don't you.. I actually supported you in that argument! :p

It's funny looking back at old threads, I got slammed by an epic Wood_Duck take down on that thread. We were an angry bunch back then :)

I like Dougy a lot more than I used too. Same can be said of you actually feenix67

Hes still not at Brett James level though.....

Bleeds AFC. A quality mid.
The Geelong game and Essendon ones he was immense, maybe doesn't rack up big midfielder numbers but he can be so damaging when he's having an on night. Been a whipping boy on these boards a lot, sometimes justified, sometimes not but his form lately really in line with a few of our more experienced players finding good form. Mackay and Smith two others who are really getting to their best

He has been excellent this season. Pretty consistent all along, but this year he really stepped it up. I think some players need a kick up the arse from somebody pressuring them for their spot. I think Hampton did a great job early on and Douglas responded by showing he is still the big dog. Now Greenwood has come in and excelled and Douglas has responded to that as well and lifted his game to his best level.

If we do win the premiership (not saying we will) then we can look back on this team as a true champion team, rather than a team of champions. Douglas can put his hand up and say he was one of the key drivers of our success.

Congratulations on 200 games Dougie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back