News Richard Douglas signs one year extension

Has the Pizzaman delivered?

• I am pleased that Dougie has re-signed for one year.

Votes: 69 71.1%
  • I am disappointed that Dougie has re-signed for one year.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • I am Richard Douglas

Votes: 21 21.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

His 'bundle' got dropped years ago.

If you consider those good performances I dont even know what to say.

He has had 1 good game all year. Apart from that one he hasnt gotten above 22 touches as one of our most experienced mids.

Clearly he has learned the mackay technique of normalizing mediocrity to the point it is considered acceptable.

What i find frustrating with Douglas is when he got his last contract he coasted for 3 years , not really doing the extra work off the field to keep himself in prime shape . Personally would have traded him years ago but he has put together for the most part 2 good seasons .

Still goes missing when the pressure is on and that is the mark of a player for me .

What i find frustrating with Douglas is when he got his last contract he coasted for 3 years , not really doing the extra work off the field to keep himself in prime shape . Personally would have traded him years ago but he has put together for the most part 2 good seasons .

Still goes missing when the pressure is on and that is the mark of a player for me .
He's been B to B+ pretty consistently in the last few years in my eyes. When we're talking about this year, I reckon Dougie was one of the main drive for us when we had the good start in 5-2. Remember him being crunched a few games, and he has been the one who's shed the most blood (literally) for us this year also. He deserves an extension.

He's been B to B+ pretty consistently in the last few years in my eyes. When we're talking about this year, I reckon Dougie was one of the main drive for us when we had the good start in 5-2. Remember him being crunched a few games, and he has been the one who's shed the most blood (literally) for us this year also. He deserves an extension.
If you read my previous post i absolutely agreed that on current form he deserved a one year extension .
Definitely not the last few years though , he was rank in 2015 and 2016 but had a good 2017 except when the pressure was on .

We should have moved douglas on when he had trade value. Too late now. At least it is only a 1 year deal

This is a good signing. I don't understand the hate or frustration with Douglas. He cracks in, and sure he might not deliver now like he did in his prime but he's still more than serviceable. His form was ordinary a couple of years back, but this year and last, he's been good for the most part. It certainly would be good to see a few more crack in like Dougie does.

Happy to have Dougie around for another year. Doesn’t look like dropping off currently. Consistently in our top 5-10 players and a great team man.

Unsure why we would need to commit now. Could have waited until late season or even post season. A lot can change between now and then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11 rounds to go? Why the rush? We’ve seen what can happen to players at similar ages. What if he has a poor second half of the year? There aren’t too many easy games in that lot.

So shall i compare douglas to atkins instead?

Also if Galluci is a preseason from replacing Douglas why sign him for next season? Pretty sure we get a preseason between now and then.
Sure, how do they compare for tackle count...

11 rounds to go? Why the rush? We’ve seen what can happen to players at similar ages. What if he has a poor second half of the year? There aren’t too many easy games in that lot.
Have you missed the media this week. ;)

could you imagine the melts if they announced that it was Mackay that got another deal! lol

Happy for Dougie, he's one of my favs.
Mackay's contract extension will piggyback some genuine good news.

Seedsman three year deal!

In other news, smooth moving utility David Mackay...

We should have moved douglas on when he had trade value. Too late now. At least it is only a 1 year deal

He doesn't have any trade value, he's 31 and quite likely done at the end of next year.

Back