News Richard Douglas signs one year extension

Has the Pizzaman delivered?

• I am pleased that Dougie has re-signed for one year.

Votes: 69 71.1%
  • I am disappointed that Dougie has re-signed for one year.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • I am Richard Douglas

Votes: 21 21.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I hadnt posted in this thread because i was so underwhemed. Why the * do we even need to sign douglas for another year? Hes not going anywhere. Fact. Nobody else was going to offer him acontract. Fact. We were looking for a good news story and delivered a s**t in a bag. Its pathetic just like his game tonight.

I hadnt posted in this thread because i was so underwhemed. Why the **** do we even need to sign douglas for another year? Hes not going anywhere. Fact. Nobody else was going to offer him acontract. Fact. We were looking for a good news story and delivered a s**t in a bag. Its pathetic just like his game tonight.
Why did we need to sign him? Because he's been one of our few consistently good players this year (tonight being a notable exception), and they wanted him on the team list next year. Given that both parties were keen for the deal to be done, it happened. He's not the first player signed this year, and he won't be the last.

Announcing it this week, as a deliberate distraction from all of the bad media the club's been getting - that's another story entirely.

He probably signed weeks ago, and they held off on it until they needed a "good news" story to distract the media. Safe to say, the distraction didn't work.

I hadnt posted in this thread because i was so underwhemed. Why the **** do we even need to sign douglas for another year? Hes not going anywhere. Fact. Nobody else was going to offer him acontract. Fact. We were looking for a good news story and delivered a s**t in a bag. Its pathetic just like his game tonight.
Pretty much exactly how I feel.

Typical Crows. Mediocrity, oh how we love it!

Vader your mentality is exactly the jobs for the boys menality that is holding this club back. What Douglas has done in the past is irrelevant. His next contract should be solely on the terms of what is best for the club. He won’t get picked up by any other club, therefore he literally has zero demand. The supply we have is limited by our TPP. His value based on supply-demand would be at the absolute bottom of our pay scale.

I have no issue with Douglas getting another year (despite how I voted). But we shouldn’t be paying him any more than we have to. If we are paying him even $300k then it’s mismanagement.

Why did we need to sign him? Because he's been one of our few consistently good players this year (tonight being a notable exception), and they wanted him on the team list next year. Given that both parties were keen for the deal to be done, it happened. He's not the first player signed this year, and he won't be the last.

Announcing it this week, as a deliberate distraction from all of the bad media the club's been getting - that's another story entirely.

He probably signed weeks ago, and they held off on it until they needed a "good news" story to distract the media. Safe to say, the distraction didn't work.

apart from tonight?

Collingwood: 14 disposals
Essendon: 13 disposals
Port: 15 disposals
Sydney: 17 disposals

the idea he has been consistant or good this season is just pure fantasy.He has had TWO good games and stunk up the rest.

Who were those good games against? Carlton and GC.

I'd much rather give Douglas one more year than someone like Mackay but still, not going to help us much either.
The same happens every year with a few of these players.
Somehow this myth always develops that they have been pretty good.
Usually comes about from them having a couple of good games against poor teams as has happened here.

This year is his lowest average disposal count since 2012, other than 2016.

Last edited:
I'd much rather give Douglas one more year than someone like Mackay but still, not going to help us much either.

Yet he will still finish top 10 in B and F

What does that say about our list

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Usually comes about from them having a couple of good games against poor teams as has happened here.

And he’s spent more time in the midfield.

You are spot on, Douglas gets lauded for playing games that should be the minimum for him, not a great game. He’s a leader when our midfield has been decimiated and he’s been average with some really poor games.

What if he has a s**t finish to the year? We’ve already locked him in for another year.

And he’s spent more time in the midfield.

You are spot on, Douglas gets lauded for playing games that should be the minimum for him, not a great game. He’s a leader when our midfield has been decimiated and he’s been average with some really poor games.

What if he has a s**t finish to the year? We’ve already locked him in for another year.
He's a great guy to have playing sanfl at worst

You're talking as if we've got all these players floating around

What's your plan ? Sack 20 blokes and go to the draft and pick up some state leaguers ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because need to reward blokes busting their gut and that are team first and loyal

Sends a message to all otherwise they will all leave

They didn't all grow up dreaming to play for the crows
We can now add him to the list if vic players we have retained when we talk about lever, dangerflog, davis, cameron...

Otherwise we can only talk about DMac

He's a great guy to have playing sanfl at worst

You're talking as if we've got all these players floating around

What's your plan ? Sack 20 blokes and go to the draft and pick up some state leaguers ?
At the time when the salary cap is a concern, paying someone to play sanfl is pointless.

You said you didn’t think he’d be on much, how much you thinking?

Not sure why the reaction to this

He’s been one of our better players this year, was always going to get another year, and will probably get another one again and that’s it.

He’s done enough to earn another year.
We are only half way through the season and he’s getting older.

What if we get more games like last night?

It's funny people keep saying how good he has been this year, ignoring all evidence presented that proves them wrong.

he will be eased into the adelaide bite soon enough.

doooouuuuggglllasssssss. dooooouuuugggggllaaaaaassss

4HR5.gif

At the time when the salary cap is a concern, paying someone to play sanfl is pointless.

You said you didn’t think he’d be on much, how much you thinking?
I think we might need him when Sloane Lynch and whatever other experienced players leave

I think we need to win more sanfl teams and help develop players through a stronger set up

It's an absolute no brainer to re contract Douglas , you're wasting your time worrying about it when there are a million other things to worry about

You thought he was s**t tonight. Go back and watch the first quarter of the GF again.

I think we might need him when Sloane Lynch and whatever other experienced players leave

I think we need to win more sanfl teams and help develop players through a stronger set up

It's an absolute no brainer to re contract Douglas , you're wasting your time worrying about it when there are a million other things to worry about

Yeah because not having a great SANFL side sure set back Doedee didn't it?

Back