Toast Richard 'Hollywood' Douglas

Remove this Banner Ad

FullyBigKPro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 14, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thats right folks, I've made a thread to give some kudos to Dick Douglas.

Has not flinched once, kicks goals, bleeds for the jumper and has been simply superb so far this season.

Well done Dick, absolute underrated STAR.

0e0b2fed1da83f968e74536568b0f1c0

Has really stepped up with Gibbs with other A graders out injured.

Was huge in the Sydney upset win.

Has really willed himself when we have needed him. He was huge in the 3rd quarter last night when we needed someone to show the way after the 2nd quarter comeback.

Should put to bed some crazy posters who have suggested he should be dropped because he is getting older, ignoring form.

As long as he can maintain this consistent standard, Dougie is welcome to keep playing for us! Seems like a durable type, so who knows, maybe another good 1-2 more years left in him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was 5th in the BF last year, a grand final year

5th

He doesn’t have to worry about his place
Why did you quote me? I'm not one to have said bad things about Dougie. As long as he plays like current times, I'm all for him to continue playing as long as he likes!

He’s having a decent year but let’s not overstate it.

On the weekend he had 7 possessions at half time but finished on 21 with a very strong second half.

He’s averaging 19 possessions, at time when our midfield has been missing Sloane, Matt and Brad for extended periods.

He was poor in both our losses.

He’s an experienced player who should be performing at this standard as a minimum, not lauded for doing his job.

I shall put my hand up as one of those who thought we should transition him out. Contract year, Gallucci etc . 31 now. I thought it was time to look to the future. My only rider to that was that the incoming player had to take it from Richie as he wouldnt give it up easy. I am glad to see he has proved me right.

Had a few games under 17 posessions and had some calling for a change but he persisted and has played solid football the last few weeks

He’s having a decent year but let’s not overstate it.

On the weekend he had 7 possessions at half time but finished on 21 with a very strong second half.

He’s averaging 19 possessions, at time when our midfield has been missing Sloane, Matt and Brad for extended periods.

He was poor in both our losses.

He’s an experienced player who should be performing at this standard as a minimum, not lauded for doing his job.

I think he actually finished with 28.

Dougie has been unfairly treated as a whipping boy on this site by too many over the years. He is a former best and fairest who had a bit of a slump a few years ago due to a very painful and debilitating injury in the knackers in a pre-season game against the Giants in Sydney if I remember rightly. I agree with those who say he is one very under-rated player and for that reason I didn't join in the mob whipping mentality!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back