Campbell's Chunky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Awesome board idea. Was watching this doco the other night and this guy is legit. Not a sadistic killer, just a clinical hitman. The interview is quite interesting actually!! Have a watch. There's a movie coming out soon too entitled 'The Iceman' about him.

Watched both doco's with him which were about 10 years apart. My favourite part is the story of his one regret which felt like the only time he was being truly honest. The story was that he went to kill a guy and the guy starting praying, Iceman says I will give you half hour for your god to save you and then im coming back. It gave a different insight and showed there was somewhere deep down some empathy within him I guess.

There is a movie being released next year as well I think, with michael shannon and ray liotta that looks pretty good.

Watched both doco's with him which were about 10 years apart. My favourite part is the story of his one regret which felt like the only time he was being truly honest. The story was that he went to kill a guy and the guy starting praying, Iceman says I will give you half hour for your god to save you and then im coming back. It gave a different insight and showed there was somewhere deep down some empathy within him I guess.

There is a movie being released next year as well I think, with michael shannon and ray liotta that looks pretty good.
Yeh he touches upon that story in the video I posted. Movie should be good, it's just weird how people have almost no empathy at all - he was just so clinical. His family never knew either (until it all came out).

The Iceman: Confessions Of A Mafia Contract Killer by Philip Carlo is a great book. Was a really interesting read.

However in saying that I think he has made up a few things. He's claimed that he killed Roy DeMeo and was one of the men that was part of the Paul Castellano murder but from what I've read in other books that was not the case so who knows.

You guys been smoking crack.

This guy is an out and out liar. A few chapters into his book I was thinking, yeah this guy badass, a few chapters later I was thinking, this guy is a liar and thinks we are all stupid, and then when he claimed he carried out the two biggest hits in NY mod history I was keeling over with laughter.

He probably killed 2-5 people tops. In the book he is talking 100s and hundreds. Just laughable.

There's a movie coming out soon about this and it looks good - but I will have a bad feeling about it knowing is just utter bullshit.

If anyone wants to see that Iceman movie don't watch the trailer for it, it gives away a lot, and the movie does seem like it's going to be more fiction than fact.

Picked up the Carlo book at LAX one night and was reading it on the way home, a good read, albeit you don’t really know how much is true. Some of it seems pretty far out – like how he devised the method of tying people down and feeding them alive to rats, and filming the whole thing for those who ordered the hit.

Pretty chilling story about how he proved himself to DiMeo – by simply shooting dead a random guy who was walking his dog past their car.

Hard to know as not much of his story has ever been corroborated by anybody. The Hoffa thing almost seems like a “jump the shark” story for him.

Have read the book mentioned in here, it was called something like confessions of a mafia killer...

It's pretty hard to know how much of it is true. No doubt he's a fair old bad ass and a massive human being, but some of the things in there seemed a bit far fetched....

Not the least how could a guy who claims to have murdered over a hundred people, who has been arrested and charged and sent to death as a mob hitman, be virtually anonymous outside of those who are looking for this sorta stuff?

Picked up the Carlo book at LAX one night and was reading it on the way home, a good read, albeit you don’t really know how much is true. Some of it seems pretty far out – like how he devised the method of tying people down and feeding them alive to rats, and filming the whole thing for those who ordered the hit.

Pretty chilling story about how he proved himself to DiMeo – by simply shooting dead a random guy who was walking his dog past their car.

Hard to know as not much of his story has ever been corroborated by anybody. The Hoffa thing almost seems like a “jump the shark” story for him.
I'd suggest all those things you mentioned are lies. He also says he was just going into Manhattan every week and knocking off randoms. Complete fabrication and fantasy. He was just getting his numbers up so he could claim 100. He claims people never missed these people and that may be true. But if that many DBs were turning up all over manhattan there would have been hysteria over a serial killer.

Even more laughable than Hoffa was his claims he was present at 2 high prfile mob hits. One being Castellan organised by John Gotti. Gravano has gone states evidence and testified and funnily enough Kulinski isn't mentioned. He's never mentioned in anything. But he claims "no one else knew, I was there, did the job, and none of the other guys on the hit were told about me".

His book is so ridiculous. He could have written a good book maybe if he cut his lies down to the believable ones and maybe claimed an extra 10 hits instead of an extra 100.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah read the book and a nice story but he's completely full of s**t. The one where I thought 'Yeah nah' was the story of the guy left in the cave to be eaten by the rats and when he came back the body was completely gone following the rats having a nibble. The killings he did as a youth never would have happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back