Richards on Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Mitchells knee was shown and discussed for 30 minutes last week, this hasnt had a mention at all.
Will get the usual Sydney treatment of 1 week however it should be 3-4 before the early plea

Yeah Mitchells knee was shown and discussed for 30 minutes last week, this hasnt had a mention at all.
Will get the usual Sydney treatment of 1 week however it should be 3-4 before the early plea
The reasons that Mitchell's knee was discussed were because;
- it was the second time this year
- he was given the benefit of the doubt the first time, so there would obviously be a lot of discussion as to whether it was deliberate, is it reportable etc.

Richard's is a clear case of high contact in a bump. Definitely suspendable, plenty of other case where players have been suspended. There's not much to talk about and I don't think anyone who doesn't wear tin-foil thinks he will get off scot free.

He stuck the elbow out a little bit, so he might be in a bit more trouble than with a regular high bump. The impact was probably just medium. I don't think Mitchell was cut or groggy after it. I reckon the "potential to cause injury" might lift the impact to high though, but medium is probably about right based on the damage.

So, 2 down to 1 as it was in an attempted bump rather than a strike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see the potential to cause injury clause , just like the hodge and Lewis reports. The victims also did not leave the field.
Selwood copped a similar bump from Gibson last week and wasn't even reviewed by MRP just as a guide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back