Training Richmond 2020 Preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. I thought our centre square set up worked better when Soldo was in there, and he is getting more of the ball more often particularly his marks.

Yeah agree. This time last year he still looked a long way off, coming off ordinary performances in the VFL finals. Man he has come a long way fast! And the best bit, he loves giving silver service, it's a pure joy to him! Watch his face as he does it, I have not seen someone that happy rucking.

you obviously haven’t been to the Carlton board lately ;)
Image result for cloud cuckoo land

Yeah agree. This time last year he still looked a long way off, coming off ordinary performances in the VFL finals. Man he has come a long way fast! And the best bit, he loves giving silver service, it's a pure joy to him! Watch his face as he does it, I have not seen someone that happy rucking.

I’m very excited about big Ivan! He is still a baby in terms of a ruck being only 23-24, he still has very little AFL experience having played 22 games and he has not much more general footy experience since he has only played 48 VFL games.

Interviewed Blight today, both were bemoaning sides being defensive & saying someone has to start attacking at some stage etc, they still haven't clicked!
I hope Whately wasn't listening. Here comes another round of rule changes.

I hope Whately wasn't listening. Here comes another round of rule changes.
Geelong were one of the most defensive teams in 2019.

He won't launch an inquiry into the state of the game because it doesn't advantage Geelong.

OT.

RE: your footer. Ninth isn't the relevant part. It's one step outside the finals. You need to school yourself - which team has missed the finals the most by one ladder position? i.e. when there was a top six, the side finished 7th. When it was top 8, the side finished 9th. etc

Fox Footy have filmed a Grand Final recall with Dimma and some players - not sure which players - and will air in February.

I was upset we didn't do this in 2017, so I'm looking forward to this.
They did a Collingwood Prelim 2018 recall? I would think that would happen yes?

hmmm....trust me...EVERYTHING was in babysteps after the surgery...even WALKING SLOWLY that is...now yes he's had plenty of recovery time as have i...
for me i've been advised not to drive for 6 months (i'll let you know it's not a one rule fits all)...for Higgo... no driving for 12 months !!!

I don't know how you came to conclude that the surgery wouldn't have impacted his reflexes.
Mate, you've obviously been through something similar. I'll take your word for it.

My assumption on Higgo was that although it was invasive surgery, the focus was on fixing the blood vessels in the brain and may not involve removing or compromising brain matter per se.

For sure the recovery time would be substantial and there may be physical and cognitive impairment during that time, but I would have assumed there would be no loss in reflexes after the recovery period.

Anyway mate, hope you make a full recovery. Must have been a scary time.

I still get surprised by how many obvious quality AFL players we can't fit into the team with a fully fit squad. If fit and in form our VFL midfield will be AFL quality - perhaps not great AFL quality, but competitive. I doubt any other team can say that.
Everyone else’s list drops off a cliff after their 25th best player. Ours runs deep until about our 35th best player.

Everyone else’s list drops off a cliff after their 25th best player. Ours runs deep until about our 35th best player.

For AFL genuine quality player there's not many clubs that hit 22, much less 25.

Guys that 'should' be genuine AFL quality players are dime a dozen - ask Carlton. But players that you are confident will do the job if called on not so much. That's where we shine. We actually know that we can field a group outside our best 22 that are genuinely capable of playing AFL to a high standard week in week out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong were one of the most defensive teams in 2019.

He won't launch an inquiry into the state of the game because it doesn't advantage Geelong.
Fun Fact, the last time Geelong scored 100+ in a final was the 2011 GF, they have since gone 15 finals games without scoring 100+.............

Mate, you've obviously been through something similar. I'll take your word for it.

My assumption on Higgo was that although it was invasive surgery, the focus was on fixing the blood vessels in the brain and may not involve removing or compromising brain matter per se.

For sure the recovery time would be substantial and there may be physical and cognitive impairment during that time, but I would have assumed there would be no loss in reflexes after the recovery period.

Anyway mate, hope you make a full recovery. Must have been a scary time.
no worries, thanks for the kind words...and you may have read between the lines in my other posts that I usually edited our any venom in my post after rubbing the scar a few times... I guarantee there was nothing remotely venomous towards you in my initial draft...it was just straight out au naturel....just thought if I could share a bit of experience being on a similar boat to Higgo, I would. I am very impressed by his 'shape' tho...looks like he's already packed the muscles back on.

Know what was worst right after the surgery ? Lunges !!! got no strength in jelly legs...AND no balance...worst possible combination. Anyway, I really hope Higgo does have Titanium plates...for MY sake that is, I'd worry the f*** out when I see him running out again.

OT.

RE: your footer. Ninth isn't the relevant part. It's one step outside the finals. You need to school yourself - which team has missed the finals the most by one ladder position? i.e. when there was a top six, the side finished 7th. When it was top 8, the side finished 9th. etc
The quote was from a school quiz

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back