Training Richmond 2020 Preseason training

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
but they're having a go .... :p :tonguewink: ;)
1579861898447.png

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Wish women the best playing AFLW footy but I don't have time for it personally.
Switched off Instagram feed because they keep promoting the team.
Create a separate Richmond AFLW Insta account.
Surely they do that in the U.S., for example, separate men's and women's soccer teams?
Women's soccer is huge there.

May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Wish women the best playing AFLW footy but I don't have time for it personally.
Switched off Instagram feed because they keep promoting the team.
Create a separate Richmond AFLW Insta account.
Surely they do that in the U.S., for example, separate men's and women's soccer teams?
Women's soccer is huge there.

There is a separate insta and twitter account for the RFC AFLW. I’m assuming they are just trying to build some momentum and cross-promote to their huge AFL account with all these recent posts. I’m willing to give it a go and will be there in round 1 to support the club, and it’s pretty cool from a historical standpoint.

RFCGloryJC

Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Keep the media simple.
Create a new separate AFLW Instagram team account.
If fans are interested, they will simply follow it too.
I don't follow soccer one iota but I notice the Matildas have their own unique separate account.
It's not too hard to click on follow in future. 😉

Last edited:

tropicaltiger

🏆2017 🏆2019 🏆2020
Jan 4, 2002
cairns
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Snakes
L:hearts:ve to see a scratch match at PRO, 2 x 20 minute halves first half 18 v 18 mixed teams, a bit of fun and modified rules... second half regular rules except 18 of the ladies v 9 of the boys...would be a good little fundraiser a couple of hours before a big bash final or something.

Feb 26, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Keep the media simple.
I don't follow soccer one iota but I notice the Matildas have their own unique separate account.
doesn't it just embody richmond though with the whole one team mantra the club has going on? personally i'm not overly interested in the AFLW but will most likely check out their games and get in to it.

god forbid i spend an extra half-second scrolling past a post on instagram i don't want to view :)

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Keep the media simple.
I don’t mind it as this is a brand new team. Richmond is supporting one of its clubs to find its own feet. Although, are the men’s team still alive? I periodically check this thread and the website/social media and there is no update on the men’s team.

I don’t even know who’s burning the house down

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I don’t mind it as this is a brand new team. Richmond is supporting one of its clubs to find its own feet. Although, are the men’s team still alive? I periodically check this thread and the website/social media and there is no update on the men’s team.

I don’t even know who’s burning the house down

Training...training the house down... :think: ;) :D

giphy.gif

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Keep the media simple.
I’m not a big instagram follower but guessing the club is probably trying to give the new team as much exposure as possible being their first season in the AFLW.
As they become more established things will probably change.

Dusty0004

Cancelled
Dec 29, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Keep the media simple.

or scroll past it. Richmond promote themselves as one inclusive club. They’re not starting a seperate insta account

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
or scroll past it. Richmond promote themselves as one inclusive club. They’re not starting a seperate insta account

Agreed, don’t know why it offends people so much. Just dont read it. I don’t follow AFLW currently, but have no issue with them sharing the same social media platforms.

No ones holding anyone at knife point and forcing them to follow it.

Dusty0004

Cancelled
Dec 29, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Agreed, don’t know why it offends people so much. Just dont read it. I don’t follow AFLW currently, but have no issue with them sharing the same social media platforms.

I don’t either but as a passing comment. My son and I are members and have been for a long time we got out packs a few weeks back. My 4 year old daughter went mental that she didn’t get one. I asked her why? “ because girls play for the tigers too” was her response. She seen that on my insta and Facebook pages. I bought her a membership then and there. It’s amazing the reach and the impact it has

Last edited:

RFCGloryJC

Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Do not portray someone as being "offended".
Women's soccer teams have separate media accounts, far more developed in the space.
That is the normal precedent, the normal media policy.

Last edited:
I don’t either but as a passing comment. My son and I are members and have been for a long time we got out packs a few weeks back. My 4 year old daughter went mental that she didn’t get one. I asked her why? “ because girls play for the tigers too” was her response. She seen that on my insta and Facebook pages. I bought her a membership then and there. It’s amazing the reach and the impact it has
I also think that’s the thing as well

we for the most part (big footy) are males the age of 18+ we simply are not the target for the aflw

it isn’t until we see how a younger female in our life is effected by it that we start to really get it and how big of a deal it actually is

RFCGloryJC

Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Over time, the women's team will develop its own sponsors, etc.
They will have separate media accounts.
Our men's football team is an elite footy side, our sponsors pay good money to associate with it.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
They have separate social media accounts. They’re just cross promoting. Would be weird if they weren’t don’t you think?

AFL

VFL

Women’s

Ocker

?Premiershipmond?
May 20, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Media doesn't help the cause though by ramming articles about AFLW 'elite' and 'superstar' players etc down our throats...

In the future there may be players in these categories but currently, no way.

Keep the media simple.
Or just scroll past it.

Back