Training Richmond 2020 Preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly, in comparison to NFL, the AFL regular season is relatively long, 23 weeks to 17.
It's a long year, probably why they have the bye.
NRL goes longer, it's not long enough in my eyes.

At the moment quarters are getting longer. Fact. Where is all this extra time coming from?

Anyway no point arguing as broadcasters aren’t going to cop 3 hr games so it’s going to happen anyway. Same with a night grand final and a return of state of origin, all necessary to get a return on the next rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quarters are not getting longer, they are the same length as they were 35 years ago.
There will be no night Grand Final due to what time it would finish and the teams after match functions, twilight be be the furthest they ever go.
State of Origin is dead, next week is only going ahead because of the bushfires.

The next rights will be exactly the same as they are now, 22 rounds, 20 minutes plus time on qtrs, nothing will change.

We have a relatively long season.
Front runners in the past four years have not gone onto win the flag.
Syd, Adel, Rich, Geel.
Essendon used to start each season well and then fall apart after the bye, then it became chronic.
That's what prompted their use of drugs.

Last edited:

NRL goes longer, it's not long enough in my eyes.

Quarters are not getting longer, they are the same length as they were 35 years ago.
There will be no night Grand Final due to what time it would finish and the teams after match functions, twilight be be the furthest they ever go.
State of Origin is dead, next week is only going ahead because of the bushfires.

The next rights will be exactly the same as they are now, 22 rounds, 20 minutes plus time on qtrs, nothing will change.

imagine our accuracy rating if George was accidentally left out of our tally.
George under orders by Hocking just too keep our opposition supporters too stay until 3qtr time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win the ball Dangerfield good. Prat who can't kick and dives like and Olympic competitor not so good.
The pump up for Ross was awesome. If he's improved his endurance that much I'd love to see wing combo of Ross and Caddy - the most unsociable wings in the AFL.

Finally an article on our preseason. Been bloody quiet.

Inter club game tomorrow as well so we should get a little more info from that as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back