JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
The point of difference is his marking. At the moment mainly as a forward, where he can play as a genuine second tall forward, unlike the other two, but eventually that will translate to around the ground. In that respect more like Nankervis. My only reservation is mobility, can't recall if he is more mobile than Nank., but without it you are a liability up forward up to a point. Interesting year, but either way he will be very useful if he comes on. Having said that I really hope Nank bounces back to 2017 form.
Doesn't strike me as mobile enough...I reckon both Nank and Soldo are miles in front..

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Doesn't strike me as mobile enough...I reckon both Nank and Soldo are miles in front..

literally the first highlight in this report. His pick up off the ground is phenomenal for anyone let alone a ruckman.

as others have said, he is very agile and quick for his size

great athlete

I feel like I’m cheating on Nank with my Soldo love 💕 🌈 but I just can’t stop!
EE887DC4-60FA-42BC-BCDA-72043F8EC9C6.jpeg

ShadowBoxer

Debutant
Nov 29, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Totally agree - personally I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play VFL or AFL for for the first half of the season. We really have no idea what impact it's had/having on him. a 10% negative impact on his reflexes would make a massive difference at this level, whilst not impacting life outside of football. However with Higgins being the top class kid that he is (and football being his life), he'll leave no stone unturned to get back to the level.
The Doctors will be all over this. When they give him the all clear, then what a bonus to be able to add him to that list.
The guy didn't have a lobotomy for God's sake, the surgery wouldn't have impacted his reflexes.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
The guy didn't have a lobotomy for God's sake, the surgery wouldn't have impacted his reflexes.
hmmm....trust me...EVERYTHING was in babysteps after the surgery...even WALKING SLOWLY that is...now yes he's had plenty of recovery time as have i...
for me i've been advised not to drive for 6 months (i'll let you know it's not a one rule fits all)...for Higgo... no driving for 12 months !!!

I don't know how you came to conclude that the surgery wouldn't have impacted his reflexes.

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
It'll be interesting to see what happens if CCJ is as good as you think. Soldo is an above average tap ruck, with some good other traits, and is improving fast. Nank is a beast, whose only real weakness is tapping against the best. Both are genuine good AFL quality rucks.

We can't play 3 rucks I would think. So if CCJ comes on in 2020 we almost have to trade one high quality AFL ruck. That sucks, but is a great position to be in. I just don't know who I'd want to trade.

Soldo. I think he will have good currency end of next year if we think CCJ is the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soldo. I think he will have good currency end of next year if we think CCJ is the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we may be able to keep all 3 with some of the money Rance free’s up
Provided they all want to stay and can fit into the team

CCJ could potentially replace Jack up forward in a few years and that will still allow us to play Nank and Soldo in the side as well

but definitely a lot to play out before that point

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Expecting Higgo to do a Marlion and blitz in the GF!

Imagine the public response.

I can just see one commentator like Dwayne say during a game without thinking it through " What a goal by higgins, I tell you what Bruce, with the game he has played today, I have higgins in my brain!"

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
I can just see one commentator like Dwayne say during a game without thinking it through " What a goal by higgins, I tell you what Bruce, with the game he has played today, I have higgins in my brain!"
Have you rang him up on sen yet , I'm sure he'd love a chat,, he loves us tigers lol

I wish I shared your confidence and I pray you’re right.
hmmm....trust me...EVERYTHING was in babysteps after the surgery...even WALKING SLOWLY that is...now yes he's had plenty of recovery time as have i...
for me i've been advised not to drive for 6 months (i'll let you know it's not a one rule fits all)...for Higgo... no driving for 12 months !!!

I don't know how you came to conclude that the surgery wouldn't have impacted his reflexes.

Sadly I’m more in this camp. It won’t take much of a negative impact on his reflexes to impact his afl career Without impacting his day to day life at all.

the flip side tho, maybe he has been hindered by the brain bleed and has more upside.
Wishing Jack all the best regardless. He’s a top kid and deserves a long career.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
we may be able to keep all 3 with some of the money Rance free’s up
Provided they all want to stay and can fit into the team

CCJ could potentially replace Jack up forward in a few years and that will still allow us to play Nank and Soldo in the side as well

but definitely a lot to play out before that point
The problem with the Rance money is that we need it for tall defenders first. Assuming that Garth & Balta play as depth KPDs this year. Balta still looks raw. I know last year Balta/Garth didn't ever play with the full defense unit. So never really had a chance to settle in and learn.
CJ replacing Jack sounds like a good succession plan. (JR has been durable, is ultra competitive & is playing great football) In the meantime play him ruck with Nank & Soldo I suppose. 2020 will show us if CJ can perform at senior level.
2017 premiership players Butler & Towner had low level interest from other clubs. Whichever ruck doesn't get AFL time will attract instant outside interest. Soldo seems like he's stoked to be at the club, but if he ain't getting a game & gets an offer, he may leave.

Back