Richmond 2021 Mock Draft ( looks like nobody else is going to do it so i may as well )

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t want to be a Debbie downer. But not loving the trades and picks for Richmond. Andrew and Rachelle have very high ceilings but the bust potential on both is extremely high.
Johnson looks to be a fairly safe pick but doesn’t address the need for a quality inside mid, which is what the list is screaming for.

26,27,28 for 12 and a pick in the 30’s isn’t a bad trade by any means. But I would only be doing this trade if Ward or Gibcus were still on the board and we got our man in Hobbs at 7.
Personally I can see either Rachelle and/or Andrew sliding and possibly even being there at pick 15(17). Which in that case if we had already selected Hobbs earlier would make more sense to take a flyer on one.
Hobbs was already gone by our first. So was Ward. Who would you have gone for ? Or would you trade out ?

Last edited:
Hobbs was already gone by our first. So was Ward. Who would you have gone for ? Or would you trade out ?
Would have gone Erasmus Van Rooyen then Sonsie or Johnson

Would have looked to trade down with sydney or Brisbane. Hopefully gaining future first. If they wouldn’t come to the party I would have taken Erasmus over Andrew and hopes at 15 one of Andrew or Rachelle were still available for that pick. If they weren’t I think I’d go Sonsie.

Would have gone Erasmus Van Rooyen then Sonsie or Johnson
Fair enough i suppose it all depends on where you rate the player and whats available later on.

Andrew probably has the biggest upside of just about any player in the draft and has the potential to be a superstar of the competition in 5 years time but also has the 'development tag attached to him' Quality talls are mostly taken top 10 and this kid was never going to be available later and is the best tall available in the draft.

Erasmus v Andrew would be the question , Erasmus i also like and wouldnt mind if Richmond selected him with #9 in the real draft , But injury concerns and not really sure if he is a HF or a mid and looks more HF at the moment with mid potential and at 188cm is a good size but looking further into the draft mids would be available and i had my eyes set on either Johnson / Goater and maybe even Knevitt but the way it panned out Johnson (who some wanted at #7) was the player the was taken.

Rachele is your typical luxury pic as another poster mentioned but he has the ceiling to be star
What i noticed in other threads about our window closing and will we challenge again etc was that people keep asking " Who are our next stars" who are the next Dusty , Cotchin,Rance,Riewoldt.

I think with players like Andrew , Rachele and combined with the Bolton , Baker types we would be looking reasonably well.

I still have 1 more pick and that will be surprise also if the player i am looking at is still on the board

7. Andrew
12.Rachele
15.Johnson
35. ******

DFA - The Schelong ;)

Fair enough i suppose it all depends on where you rate the player and whats available later on.

Andrew probably has the biggest upside of just about any player in the draft and has the potential to be a superstar of the competition in 5 years time but also has the 'development tag attached to him' Quality talls are mostly taken top 10 and this kid was never going to be available later and is the best tall available in the draft.

Erasmus v Andrew would be the question , Erasmus i also like and wouldnt mind if Richmond selected him with #9 in the real draft , But injury concerns and not really sure if he is a HF or a mid and looks more HF at the moment with mid potential and at 188cm is a good size but looking further into the draft mids would be available and i had my eyes set on either Johnson / Goater and maybe even Knevitt but the way it panned out Johnson (who some wanted at #7) was the player the was taken.

Rachele is your typical luxury pic as another poster mentioned but he has the ceiling to be star
What i noticed in other threads about our window closing and will we challenge again etc was that people keep asking " Who are our next stars" who are the next Dusty , Cotchin,Rance,Riewoldt.

I think with players like Andrew , Rachele and combined with the Bolton , Baker types we would be looking reasonably well.

I still have 1 more pick and that will be surprise also if the player i am looking at is still on the board

7. Andrew
12.Rachele
15.Johnson
35. ******

DFA - The Schelong ;)
Look don’t get me wrong, a Mac Andrew and Josh Rachelle combination at 7&15 has the potential to be the best two players outside of Horne-Francis and Daicos. If they both reaches their ceiling it would begin a new era at tigerland. Also if Johnson could reach the potential of a tall Dal Santo then it’s 3 absolute cracking picks.
Personally I hope one of Hobbs or Ward is still there at 7 if we don’t trade up for Callaghan.

Articulate as per usual.

But it raises an interesting question in regards to the tigers half pregnant rebuilding method.

Bringing in Tarrant but not Mitchell or another mature mid ( what happen to your mail on Yeo dickhead)

Do we overlook a gawn or nicnat cause flogs like you don't wanna wait a couple years?

7. Andrew
12.Rachele
15.Johnson
35. ******

DFA - The Schelong ;)
My response was based off who was available at your picks, but my own personal take would have been to take Sonsie at 9 who I've read plenty about where he compares to Cotchin in terms of his clearance work but also how has the ability to use the ball off both feet cleanly as well as an ability to hit the ball at speed and get through traffic. He is also a proven midfielder rather than a flanker looking to push into the middle. IMO he could be the POD in our future midfield where we have bigger bodied types in RCD Graham Ross who do the bash and crash work, which then allows Sonsie to use his speed to get out into space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Articulate as per usual.

But it raises an interesting question in regards to the tigers half pregnant rebuilding method.

Bringing in Tarrant but not Mitchell or another mature mid ( what happen to your mail on Yeo dickhead)

Do we overlook a gawn or nicnat cause flogs like you don't wanna wait a couple years?
What in the blue hell are you on about?

Ok back from work and JACKLAUGHING doesnt appear to have been online

I will take the freo pick for him and we can move on, I will select the next best available from the Cal Twomey top 35 ranking .

Pick #22 Norf Melbourne select
Darcy Wilmot
Defender
183cm/75kg
31/12/03
Northern Knights/Vic Metro

Wrenny

Remove this Banner Ad

Back