Club Focus Richmond 2021 - Tarrant, Gibcus, Brown, Sonsie, Banks, Clarke

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

If GWS, Gold Coast, Stkilda and Fremantle dont take all of Amiss, Mac Andrew or Gibcus then i can see them still available at pick 13/14

Which is Essendons and Ports pick

I suspect they like a few other sides after a tall (Gold Coast, Freo, Richmond, North, GWS) would consider moving upto pick 13/14 (Ess/Port) pick

Obviousily 17 + 30 for 13 and 56 has been floated and does make sense

My worry with moving out to 17 is we could miss all

JHF
Daicos
Callaghan
S.Darcy

Rachelle
Gibcus
Amiss
Erasmus
Hobbs
Ward
M.Johnson
Wanganeen Milera
Mac Andrew
Sinn
Goater (15)

If GWS, Gold Coast, Stkilda and Fremantle dont take all of Amiss, Mac Andrew or Gibcus then i can see them still available at pick 13/14

Which is Essendons and Ports pick

I suspect they like a few other sides after a tall (Gold Coast, Freo, Richmond, North, GWS) would consider moving upto pick 13/14 (Ess/Port) pick

Obviousily 17 + 30 for 13 and 56 has been floated and does make sense

My worry with moving out to 17 is we could miss all

JHF
Daicos
Callaghan
S.Darcy

Rachelle
Gibcus
Amiss
Erasmus
Hobbs
Ward
M.Johnson
Wanganeen Milera
Mac Andrew
Sinn
Goater (15)
There's no way gibcus makes it outside of the top 10 (12 with matches)

There's no way gibcus makes it outside of the top 10 (12 with matches)
Thats why i said Amiss, Andrew or Gibcus

For one to not be available id say Gold coast have taken Mac Andrew at 5, Freo Amiss at 8 and Saints Gibcus at 11

The only other way is if Richmond take a tall at 9 ie

Mac/Gibcus - 5 (Suns)
Amiss - 8 (Freo)
Mac/Gibcus - 9 (Rich)

Thats why i said Amiss, Andrew or Gibcus

For one to not be available id say Gold coast have taken Mac Andrew at 5, Freo Amiss at 8 and Saints Gibcus at 11

The only other way is if Richmond take a tall at 9 ie

Mac/Gibcus - 5 (Suns)
Amiss - 8 (Freo)
Mac/Gibcus - 9 (Rich)
I'm hoping someone jumps early on Mac Andrew (as I don't want him with our first pick), as this will likely domino and free up a nice slider at pick 7(9). Gibcus I'd be very keen on at 7(9). Huge chess piece for us with Balta already in place, that would hopefully be the 2 KPD posts sewn up for the 2020s.

Really like richmonds draft hand.
Gonna end up with all the kids they'll need to keep their top 8 spot for the next few years.
It's a great hand for sure, but what's really interesting is how it compares this year compared to pre COVID. It's a lot more speculation and less development given how much footy a lot juniors missed over the last 2 years.

Might be more of a lottery draft than usual.
Next year’s draft hand shaping up to be strong as well.

Hawthorn offer the tiger 21 + 24 for pick 15,

who says no ?
I'm surprised you'd be happy to do that.

Sounds like 1 - 4 is tier 1, 5 - 15 ish is tier 2, 16 - 35 ish is tier 3.

You could easily get a slider (I like Erasmus for example) at 15, but someone of this calibre is almost certainly gone at 21. Anything could happen tho I guess, Robertson did drop to the 2nd round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn offer the tiger 21 + 24 for pick 15,

who says no ?
Personally I wouldn't want hawks to do this trade.

But I agree with other comments it does depend who's available at 15 at the time but just generally the talent is deep enough this year to get 2 really good players at the later picks.

But I agree with other comments it does depend who's available at 15 at the time but just generally the talent is deep enough this year to get 2 really good players at the later picks.
Unlikely to work from a Hawks perspective given Sonsie is the speculative pick 15 and may be available at 21 if the Tigers chose elsewhere. I'd prefer to grab the two marginally lesser ranked players, we need quality en masse. I think Tigers will trade two of your mid 20's picks for Freo's pick 19 and get Sonsie. Think you'll go Hobbs, Van Rooyen and Sonsie, unless you go Gibcus at your first. Who's the player the Tigs are trying to trade up to 4 to get ?

Unlikely to work from a Hawks perspective given Sonsie is the speculative pick 15 and may be available at 21 if the Tigers chose elsewhere. I'd prefer to grab the two marginally lesser ranked players, we need quality en masse. I think Tigers will trade two of your mid 20's picks for Freo's pick 19 and get Sonsie. Think you'll go Hobbs, Van Rooyen and Sonsie, unless you go Gibcus at your first. Who's the player the Tigs are trying to trade up to 4 to get ?

Sounds like sonsie is gone by then

Ward I think.

I'm hoping someone jumps early on Mac Andrew (as I don't want him with our first pick), as this will likely domino and free up a nice slider at pick 7(9). Gibcus I'd be very keen on at 7(9). Huge chess piece for us with Balta already in place, that would hopefully be the 2 KPD posts sewn up for the 2020s.

Yeah and it’s important to draft your big fellas first followed by mids. Then we top up with high quality mids as we drop down the ladder.

funny thing is, don't think Richmond do it either, even if its offered, which it might be.

Pick 15 could be Goater, Sinn, Johnson even erasmus maybe.

None of these blokes will be available at 21,24.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back