Club Focus Richmond 2021 - Tarrant, Gibcus, Brown, Sonsie, Banks, Clarke

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond club focus thread

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to release another one into the wild...

This is a Tigers-specific version of the player contracts & statistics spreadsheet pinned to the top of this forum. It summarises your players' contract situations, experience, ages and heights. The data is from footywire, and the spreadsheet will update itself when footywire is updated. It may contain some errors, I do not have the ability to update them so we just have to deal with what footywire gives us. It's the best we can do for the moment.

According to this data, Richmond are:
- 15th tallest, averaging 186.7cm
- 16th heaviest, averaging 85.3kg
- 8th oldest with an average age of 24.2 years
- 7th most experienced, averaging 75.2 career games

Your picks in the first five rounds of the 2019 national draft are:
1st round pick (tied to Richmond - currently pick 13)
2nd round pick (tied to Richmond - currently pick 31)
3rd round pick (tied to Gold Coast - currently pick 37)
4th round pick (tied to Richmond - currently pick 67)
4th round pick (tied to Geelong - currently pick 72)
5th round pick (tied to Richmond - currently pick 85)

To check the draft order (updated weekly) see the thread here.

Who retires, who is traded, and who is re-signed?

What do you see as the gaps in the list? How could those gaps be filled? Via trade or from the draft?

What will it take to get it all done, given the current trade and draft value on hand?

I think there are some problems with the graph. For example tom lynch contract , nankervis

I think there are some problems with the graph. For example tom lynch contract , nankervis
Very constructive. Wouldn't possibility want to help Lore out by providing information she could update her spreadsheet with?
Lynch signed 7 years 5 left

Iirc nank just signed on for 3
The data is automatically refreshed from footywire so if their data is wrong then so is the spreadsheet.

I can’t override what they have unless I want to manually update the contract information for 800 odd players- which would be a huge undertaking.

How is Shai Bolton an UFA?
He was drafted in the ND 2016

Hes not a free agent but miller is (as he was delisted and rookied) and so is chol for the same reason im fairly sure.

Key Defender to replace Astbury.

Sam Taylor is a name they have been linked to.

A ready made big midfielder would also be nice.

The talk is they are putting time into the good Crouch and still talking to Cerra, Hopper, and Greens management, but can’t see how they get these deals done. The aim would obviously to get one of these four.

Resigning our out of contract best 22 while at the same time signing Crouch/Hopper and Taylor would be huge.

Our two firsts next year will surely be on the table for us to keep building.

The talk is they are putting time into the good Crouch and still talking to Cerra, Hopper, and Greens management, but can’t see how they get these deals done. The aim would obviously to get one of these four.

Resigning our out of contract best 22 while at the same time signing Crouch/Hopper and Taylor would be huge.

Keeping the draft pick and trying to add a mid level free agent might be the better way to use the asset's?

Taylor Hopper Green Cerra :oops:

Bit like winning Powerball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to note that Richmond, despite being premiership favourites and well and truly in their window, have a draft hand more befitting a rebuilding side. Currently, they have two first-rounders, two second-rounders and two third-rounders. Basically six picks within the top 50. On the other hand, North Melbourne currently have one pick in each round and that's all.

What will Richmond do with it? Will they trade out for some readymades or is it actually a good time to pretty to bring in another batch of kids to replenish their depth?

Interesting to note that Richmond, despite being premiership favourites and well and truly in their window, have a draft hand more befitting a rebuilding side. Currently, they have two first-rounders, two second-rounders and two third-rounders. Basically six picks within the top 50. On the other hand, North Melbourne currently have one pick in each round and that's all.

What will Richmond do with it? Will they trade out for some readymades or is it actually a good time to pretty to bring in another batch of kids to replenish their depth?
cool bump bro....

Wow is Cotchin really contracted to 2025? Did not know that.

It's wrong. He's contracted until 2022.

Baker is also no longer out of contract after triggering an extension clause earlier this year.
Maybe Lore can adjust it in the spreadsheet?

It's wrong. He's contracted until 2022.

Baker is also no longer out of contract after triggering an extension clause earlier this year.
Maybe Lore can adjust it in the spreadsheet?
Turns out it was actually an issue with the spreadsheet, they have Rhyan Mansell on their contract info list and not on their regular player list, so they were all offset by one if their name is alphabetical after that. Cotchin had Lynch's contract info on him haha.

Normally speaking I can't edit the spreadsheet though. The actual data in it updates automatically from footywire's servers, and if I start tinkering with it then I'd have to update 800 odd players manually across the 18 spreadsheets.

If there's someone trustworthy who would like to manually update it though, as giantroo does for the NM one, then I could probably set that up.

Turns out it was actually an issue with the spreadsheet, they have Rhyan Mansell on their contract info list and not on their regular player list, so they were all offset by one if their name is alphabetical after that. Cotchin had Lynch's contract info on him haha.

Normally speaking I can't edit the spreadsheet though. The actual data in it updates automatically from footywire's servers, and if I start tinkering with it then I'd have to update 800 odd players manually across the 18 spreadsheets.

If there's someone trustworthy who would like to manually update it though, as giantroo does for the NM one, then I could probably set that up.

I would not be a good person for that job. I'm like the opposite of giantroo.

Think it’s a good opportunity for them to bring some kids into a strong system. Can also rejuvenate the playing list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back