Club Focus Richmond 2022 - Taranto, Hopper, K. Smith, Green, Campbell, Young

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Will be intereeting to see if they can retool enough with the old group really showing signs of slowing down last year.

Will Bolton take the next step to starhood.

Will be intereeting to see if they can retool enough with the old group really showing signs of slowing down last year.

Dimma thinks we have one last shot with the recruitment of Tarrant.
The key is Lynch.

Think there's enough quality in the list to go into September and cause some damage next year if players stay fit. To that end, having a proper pre-season should help given that most of the elder players didn't finish up last year until well into October. I largely put falling away after the bye down to that and some key injuries at bad times rather than a general degeneration which I think we're about one or two years away from.

I still don't think we've solved our central issue which is the midfield. Having a fit Martin and Prestia makes us far more competitive, but think the coaching staff are still banking on a turnover game-style which is turning a bit into yesterdays preferred gameplan given the sides that went deep last year are the better clearance sides. If they can fix that so that Richmond can break even with sides like the Dogs/Melbourne at the coalface I think they'd back themselves to beat them in the forward and back lines.

Having a look at the contract list, it's a year that could go quite badly in terms of losing a few players that are quality if things on field deteriorate. When contemplating how much money is locked up in Lynch, Martin and to a lesser extent blokes like Prestia and Bolton as they come into the back end of their contracts I could see someone important like Baker being poached to a Fremantle type if they have an exceptional season and success isn't on the horizon.

Tigers are rebuilding on the run pretty well, it's been a good year for them.

Now we will have to hear all about how Richmond invented rebuilding while contending.

Did you know that the Tigers are breaking the mould for dynasty teams by rebuilding whilst still on top?

Sorry, but couldn't resist.
In reality we seem to have about 1/2 of a good team already in our younger guys. And we still have a strong 25+ squad. So there will not be the cliff as the old guys go. Replacing quality like Cotchin, Dusty, JR etc will be very difficult though.

Did you know that the Tigers are breaking the mould for dynasty teams by rebuilding whilst still on top?

Sorry, but couldn't resist.
In reality we seem to have about 1/2 of a good team already in our younger guys. And we still have a strong 25+ squad. So there will not be the cliff as the old guys go. Replacing quality like Cotchin, Dusty, JR etc will be very difficult though.

Gibcus has been a real find. Cumberland good too, but unsure if a flash in the pan.

Replacing Dusty is impossible but you have gone pretty well without him this year. Lost some close ones.

Gibcus has been a real find. Cumberland good too, but unsure if a flash in the pan.

Replacing Dusty is impossible but you have gone pretty well without him this year. Lost some close ones.

Some very good players: Bolton, Gibcus, Balta. Some potential, Sonsie and Cumberland. Quite a few good looking players Ross etc. But not what I would call a complete list of young guns. Still it's very nice that we already have a great core of young players whilst we maintain a top end list of mature players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back