Club Focus Richmond 2023

AFLW club focus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stan Judkins sanaya I know you two are quite across the side, where are the improvements gonna need to be?

Thanks PMBangers

we need Midfielders & Forwards

our back line is solid enough, J.Hosking, S.D'Arcy, R.Miller & H.Cordner are a strong core, with 4 - 5 others who rotate through there
we're okay for rucks as well

a trade in midfielder is probably a must again (a Sarah Hosking type),
draft in someone that can step up & have an immediate impact, Sofia Hurley, Charlotte Taylor & Bridie Hipwell look to be in our 1st pick range

with Wakefield in the twilight of her career 35 yo, it could be a tall forward is a more pressing need, as we only have her & Brennan who can take a mark
Mackenzie Eardley is one of my favorites, 181cm, speed & a great mark, even though she's played mainly down back for Stingrays, she could transfer into the forward line, no worries

our Vic picks 7, 15, 25, are going to be interesting to see what we do
we'll probably keep 7 & see what trades can be done for 15 & 25

our 1st pick might well be Mackenzie Eardley a KPP (if available), if our trade period nets us a Midfielder
but the consensus on our board is we'd like Montana Ham
how do we get her is the big problem

Last edited:
basically find 16 players that know how to play so they can assist cont, kb, miller and others. that's doable in 1 off season right?

Ha ha not quite that bad Sanaya

Brennan, Conti, Hosking twins, D'Arcy, Kelly, Miller, McKenzie, Cordner, Seymour, Shevlin, Wakefield & Lavey go alright
Brancatisano, Dempsey, Yassir & Kiely will be better next season
Reid & Houtsma just starting out

come on, we only need around 8 or 9 players :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ha ha not quite that bad Sanaya

Brennan, Conti, Hosking twins, D'Arcy, Kelly, Miller, McKenzie, Cordner, Seymour, Shevlin, Wakefield & Lavey go alright
Brancatisano, Dempsey, Yassir & Kiely will be better next season
Reid & Houtsma just starting out

come on, we only need around 8 or 9 players :rolleyes:
hate to be the one to say it but i think we'll be waiting a bit on houtsma and reid, feel like theyre both prospects and houtsma of course was a late pick and is similar to reid in the way they play i guess but houtsma is being played on the wing in the vflw and reid up fwd, but when i watch reid especially, i don't see a player. happy to be wrong on it but when you see yassir play, she's a natural athlete & footballer and doesn't look clumsy whereas reid just doesn't look like a footballer when she plays especially the way she runs and competes (which i think is hard to change).

maybe im being too harsh too early but for the 3rd pick in the victorian draft i definitely expected more

i do like our recruitment of shevlin tho she can play

Last edited:
Richmond's picks are 12, 30, 48, 66, 84, 102, 120 in the National Draft, or 7, 17, 27, 37, 47, 57, 67 in the Victorian State draft (accounting for the new teams but not priority picks etc).

Finishing 11th with 3 wins for the season, what is needed to improve for next season?
A priority pick is needed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be via trade rather than PSP by the look of it

RICHMOND is ramping up its interest in St Kilda fan favourite and former AFLW leading goalkicker Caitlin Greiser, as the Tigers target key forward depth ahead of the March 10 sign and trade period.

But it's understood Richmond is also bracing to lose Maddy Brancatisano to Gold Coast over the next month, despite its efforts to retain the midfielder at Punt Road on an extended contract.

RICHMOND has begun its off-season list changes, choosing not to renew Hannah Burchell's contract for 2023.

RICHMOND is ramping up its interest in St Kilda fan favourite and former AFLW leading goalkicker Caitlin Greiser, as the Tigers target key forward depth ahead of the March 10 sign and trade period.

But it's understood Richmond is also bracing to lose Maddy Brancatisano to Gold Coast over the next month, despite its efforts to retain the midfielder at Punt Road on an extended contract.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back