Preview Richmond 2022 preview: Season predictions for the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2022 will mirror this year's NBA and NFL - wider open than a 13-year-old boy's eyes while catching a glimpse of his first pr0n mag.
Teams - all of them - will be ravaged at some point by COVID absentees; just a lottery who's missing and against whom.
No convinced we will win it, feel we are more of a 4-8 team given a good run.
Forward line needs plenty of fixing - get that right, top four a chance.
Hoping Baker gets a fair bit of midfield time - reckon he'll excel there.
Agree with you on Baker. Love to see more of him at the coalface. Clean hands, brilliant kick on both sides.

Last edited:
AFL 2022 will mirror this year's NBA and NFL - wider open than a 13-year-old boy's eyes while catching a glimpse of his first pr0n mag.
Teams - all of them - will be ravaged at some point by COVID absentees; just a lottery who's missing and against whom.
No convinced we will win it, feel we are more of a 4-8 team given a good run.
Forward line needs plenty of fixing - get that right, top four a chance.

If Teague can turn our dysfunctional forward structure/entries into something potent and Dusty and Prestia play more midfield time we will be very hard to beat. If dusty plays near his best in the midfield and Lynch has a strong year then we are in great shape.

Forward line needs changes in personnel.
Vote no to Aarts and Castagna.

Forward line needs changes in personnel.
Vote no to Aarts and Castagna.
I think you'll get your wish. Aarts is training in the midfield and with Bolton, Baker and Stack all up forward + our added focus on skills I can't see George being in our best side this year.

If Teague can turn our dysfunctional forward structure/entries into something potent and Dusty and Prestia play more midfield time we will be very hard to beat. If dusty plays near his best in the midfield and Lynch has a strong year then we are in great shape.

I'd be surprised if we used Dusty a lot in midfield this year.

Last year there were so many examples of us hitting the ball to his advantage and his opponent was wearing him so close that it was physically impossible for him to get any separation without using brute strength - a tactic which they were also expecting. With the understandable loss of muscle mass he's suffered as a result of the injury, his ability to get by in midfield on brute strength is very likely to be diminished.

Last season, at a rough guess, I'd say that we got an effective clearance maybe 15% of the time we hit the ball in Dusty's direction, 35% ending up in a stoppage and 50% ending up heading into our defensive end through various means - most often a tackle resulting in a turnover from the opponent wearing him. As I say, that's a guess and maybe the numbers are less damning in actuality, but I do know that it hurt us game after game.

No slight whatsoever on Dusty, it's a compliment that he gets so comprehensively worn by his opponent and that they start psyching themselves up for that contest a month in advance, but when a tactic isn't working and it's giving the opposition an advantage in the most important part of the ground, you have to adjust accordingly.

I expect him to start forward more this year than ever, still attending around the ground stoppages, but significantly less at centre bounces.

COVID luck will be the biggest impact on 2022 results.

Almost rather have them all get it in the preseason which hopefully means they'd be resistant through the actual season.

If everyone's going to be exposed eventually, rather them be exposed now.

I see what you're getting at but it doesn't really work like that. They could get covid now and then still get it again in september.

I think you'll get your wish. Aarts is training in the midfield and with Bolton, Baker and Stack all up forward + our added focus on skills I can't see George being in our best side this year.
Aarts doesn't instil me with any confidence going forward, but i hope he proves me wrong

I think if we make the eight it will be a big plus and if we do I hope it's more with at least 4-5 of the younger brigade as it could be a positive into our step moving into the future. It's going to be an interesting year with where we're heading and I'd be more concerned if the older stalwarts are what we're relying on for this season's success. I think if things go pear shaped early on then games into the kids maybe the right approach.
Your realism is killing me. At this time in the pre-season, you should be thinking Tigers undefeated 22-0 season with 100pt defeat of Melbourne in granny, to leave Max Gawn crying into his mangy beard.

Last edited:
Despite being mauled by injuries to our guns, despite the AFL changing the rules to blunt our game plan and game style, despite having a much shorter preseason than any others (outside the top 8) and despite having a far harder (top 6 side) draw, we still finished with easily the highest % (arguably the truest reflection) of any of the clubs outside the top 8.

We will bounce back and bounce back hard.

if we are sh*t at the half way mark I reckon we tank and land a top 3 pick to really supercharge our rebuild
Only way we are s**t at the half way mark is we’ve copped a worse injury run than last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only way we are sh*t at the half way mark is we’ve copped a worse injury run than last year
Also define sh*t... in premiership years 2017 and 2020 we were almost 50% W/L at the halfway mark of the year.
In 2018 we were miles ahead of the comp and choked
Being s**t half way doesnt matter if you smash the 2nd half of the year

Also define sh*t... in premiership years 2017 and 2020 we were almost 50% W/L at the halfway mark of the year.
In 2018 we were miles ahead of the comp and choked
Being sh*t half way doesnt matter if you smash the 2nd half of the year
4-7 is s**t… but I’m expecting at least 7-4

And yeah it’s way more fun coming back from a long way back to win the flag for sure
I’d love nothing more than that
The salt will pour in

The reason 2021 became an injury fest on our list was bc we are an aging list and we didn't prepare adequately to the rule changes which put more pressure on our senior players. Hence, then implosion occurred . We went in ill prepared and after round 13 we were wooden spooners based on W/L ratio. Hopefully the new additions in the FD have helped solve this otherwise much of the same will be evident.

if we are sh*t at the half way mark I reckon we tank and land a top 3 pick to really supercharge our rebuild
Ok I'll bite the troll.

Sounds like a quote directly from Carltank.

We didn't tank last year and we won't...ever.

You can be the one that suggests it to Dusty.

See how that goes down.

Any talk of tanking should be banned, especially a month before the season starts.

What a loser mentality.

Any talk of tanking should be banned, especially a month before the season starts. What a loser mentality.
we tanked when wallet was coach and in the last game in 21 vs the hawkers

we definitely wanted to just loose or draw or win by a tiny bit in that game. if we went all out we would have belted them

we tanked when wallet was coach and in the last game in 21 vs the hawkers

we definitely wanted to just loose or draw or win by a tiny bit in that game. if we went all out we would have belted them
When Terry Wallace was coach lol

So relevant.

Yer sure, go back and watch the last five mins of that game against Haw last year and try to tell me we tanked. We were behind and salvaged a draw. What you know about football would fill the back of a postage stamp if you think that was tanking lol

When Terry Wallace was coach lol

So relevant.

Yer sure, go back and watch the last five mins of that game against Haw last year and try to tell me we tanked. We were behind and salvaged a draw. What you know about football would fill the back of a postage stamp if you think that was tanking lol
you are delusional if you think clubs dont loose on purpose or by the amount required. every club tanks - just not as long as carltoon who have been doing it for 20 years now :D

Ok I'll bite the troll.

You can be the one that suggests it to Dusty.

See how that goes down.

Any talk of tanking should be banned, especially a month before the season starts.

What a loser mentality.
You don't tank in the sense of trying to lose games when they begin, you give more kids a go and often send senior players in for surgery/rehab if they are carrying niggles.

Happens every year with a lot clubs that had finals expectations who know they are missing finals. Not dissimilar to what we did in the final rounds of the year.

You don't tank in the sense of trying to lose games when they begin, you give more kids a go and often send senior players in for surgery/rehab if they are carrying niggles.

Happens every year with a lot clubs that had finals expectations who know they are missing finals. Not dissimilar to what we did in the final rounds of the year.
Old mate was suggesting we start tanking half way through the year. You can join him in the tiny
minded delegation to tell Dusty and Jack and Cotch that were going to put up the white flag after R11.

Gee, what year was it when we won the last 13 in a row to come from nowhere and win the flag ?

Seriously, some here don't deserve to call themselves "supporters".

Tanking rhymes with another word that comes to mind.

Old mate was suggesting we start tanking half way through the year. You can join him in the tiny
minded delegation to tell Dusty and Jack and Cotch that were going to put up the white flag after R11.

Gee, what year was it when we won the last 13 in a row to come from nowhere and win the flag ?

Seriously, some here don't deserve to call themselves "supporters".

Tanking rhymes with another word that comes to mind.
Tiger Gas is just trolling to get a bite. I wouldn't be taking the post seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back